PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up US Pure players, Delta Pack Now available!

Hacker X
1st November 2005, 04:05 PM
Its live at Wipeout Pure.com. Features 2 new tracks:

- Iridia

- Anulpha Pass

and 2 new skins. Go get em!

- Assegai

- Harimau

I don' t even think this pack was announced (correct me if I'm wrong). None the less, what a surprise. Played Iridia so far, man they keep improving the graphics. Nice wide fast track.

Drakkenmensch
1st November 2005, 04:25 PM
I think you'll enjoy the split track at Anulpha Pass - the narrow ledge really adds a bit of challenge ;)

Sausehuhn
1st November 2005, 04:50 PM
IMO the new tracks aren't as good as the other ones. The tracks itselfs are okay, but the sourroundings are just boring. They are definately no "I race free play to look at the details"-tracks. :|

Mobius
1st November 2005, 05:23 PM
Anulpha Pass is my favourite of the delta tracks. Very fast, very simple. And the backdrop reminds me of the palace levels on Jak 2. It took me a while to get used to it originally but it is one of my favourites in teh game altogether.

Has the US version been plastered with corporate graffiti though?

eLhabib
1st November 2005, 05:48 PM
WOW, Delta ROCKS :rock_on

Assegai skin - AT LAST! :D

The tracks (iridia and anulpha pass) are A LOT better than I expected, I thought these were thought to be 'minimalistic affairs', yet they have a LOT to offer.

Iridia is a super speedway with some evil twists and choke points, kinda reminds me of Firestar 8)

Anulpha is very technical but also fast, and the high road is a lot harder than I thought!

The graphics of both tracks are really, really cool, and I don't care that the environment mainly consists of billboards, at least it's all purE-related stuff without any corporate brandings.

I am very impressed by this pack!
Once again, amazing job Studio Liverpool! :clap

Sausehuhn
1st November 2005, 05:50 PM
I forgot that you get it without puma brandings. I image it will look alot better this way...

eLhabib
1st November 2005, 05:52 PM
It's like a Tokyo City speedway - shiny bright colored signs everywhere! and the 2 stripes in the middle of the track are simply COOL 8)

Kansas
1st November 2005, 05:53 PM
I used my PSP to try and download the Delta pack but it wasn't on the list of downloads...

what's going on?

Drakkenmensch
1st November 2005, 06:03 PM
The tricky part about the upper ledge is not falling off after the small jump to get up on it - and if you DO fall off, to make sure it's on the left side and not the right ;)

eLhabib
1st November 2005, 06:05 PM
well, the really tricky part is not falling off at the beginning of this upper path while trying to control the speed boost from the barrel roll!

Drakkenmensch
1st November 2005, 06:08 PM
... wow, I hadn't even thought of using that leap for barrel rolling, thanks for the evil idea :twisted:

On a related note, I noticed that if you stick to the right side of the ledge near the end, that side is slightly more elevated than the left, so it gives you more time to complete a barrel roll falling back down to the main track.

kaiotheforsaken
1st November 2005, 07:35 PM
um is it available in game? cause when i went on through the ingame browser today it didn't have it listed :(

Drakkenmensch
1st November 2005, 07:54 PM
It's available through wipeoutpure.com, in the downloads section. Yeah, I checked through the ingame browser myself and didn't find anything either ;)

kaiotheforsaken
1st November 2005, 09:46 PM
*sigh* my browser doesn't like the java applet in the download window, so while i could change it i dont fee like playing with the settings now, so i'll just have to wait till they update the ingame. oh and Drakk, what happened to the team colors?

Drakkenmensch
1st November 2005, 09:55 PM
Oh, I've been contemplating trying out the Triakis for a while now, and I found that it fits my racing style as snugly as tight spandex :) Been beating all my old records with it!

Sven
1st November 2005, 11:16 PM
mmmmm, Delta packs....

Too bad my USB cable is back in my dorm. I have my PSP with me, but no USB cable. It's probably for the best, as I have to get some Calculus done...

BTW, when do you people play online?

eLhabib
2nd November 2005, 01:48 AM
around 11PM to 3 AM GMT.

Distrupto
2nd November 2005, 08:47 AM
NOW IM DEFINATELY GONNA BURN THAT ASIAN UMD! :evil: :x :bombhead :pirate

Kansas
2nd November 2005, 07:19 PM
any word on the downloads being available on the PSP server yet?

Purist
2nd November 2005, 07:59 PM
NOW IM DEFINATELY GONNA BURN THAT ASIAN UMD! :evil: :x :bombhead :pirate

Distrupto, if it helps... I have a buddy who is selling his EURO version... lemme know if ya interested :)

G0rT
3rd November 2005, 02:28 AM
I think this pack has the best tracks yet, Anulpha Pass is awesome, you can get some huge speeds on it and maintain them because there are not many harsh corners. It's just a shame we could get any new ships, an unbranded Al-Vaskei ship would have been really cool!

Drakkenmensch
3rd November 2005, 03:07 AM
You're going to love Koltiwa and Khara Descent! :D

kaiotheforsaken
3rd November 2005, 04:10 AM
unfortunately i cant get onto the ingame site at my house, anyone know if its up on the mini site yet?

Megatron42
3rd November 2005, 08:34 AM
w00t x 10^23!! (Avogadro's w00t)

These two tracks rock! I hope the other two are as good.

wirehang
3rd November 2005, 01:06 PM
Just got this, god to see we're gettign updates for the US version so long after it's release.

How many more are there?

eLhabib
3rd November 2005, 01:09 PM
How many more are there?

one, AFAIK, called delta2, including Koltiwa, KharaDescent, and with some luck even 2 ships (although I highly doubt that).

wirehang
3rd November 2005, 01:13 PM
So we lose out on content over the UK/Jap folks? :(

matt

Distrupto
3rd November 2005, 01:22 PM
Everyone loses out on content to Euro, emsef.

They have 28 tracks and 20 ships while US has 22 tracks and 14 ships with 2 more tracks coming.
Japan has the same amount minus the Coke packs, but where the US has the extra Classic pack, Japan has the extra Delta pack. Europe not only is the only one with Omega pack but also only one with the Quantax Team( a retro Qirex)..

eLhabib
3rd November 2005, 01:28 PM
well, there still IS hope that US delta2 will include Puma1&2 in an unbranded version (aka Al-Vaskei & Quantax), but I wouldn't bet on it. :(

Distrupto
3rd November 2005, 02:41 PM
I doubt chances of Vasky appearing non-sponsered until the next WO for PS3.

G0rT
4th November 2005, 12:57 AM
but we can always hope can't we :) ?