PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it! LS104 is no more!

xEik
14th April 2002, 07:48 PM
Well, what I mean is that this weekend I finally managed to win the AI ships in LS104 at Phantom speed. Some of you may say that this is not so impressive but I tell you, I find it much harder than Rapier Silverstream or Rapier Firestar in W'O''.
Curiously, my time when getting that first place was almost 4 seconds slower than my record for that track and class, which was obtained with a poor third place in the finishing grid. Maybe plasma-bolting the first and second racer had something to do with it. :roll: :evil:
Anyway, in no other track have I missed so much not having pitch and steering in different pads like neg-con does. The final hill is hard to do well without this and it was quite difficult to handle.
Now I can tell I've beat all tracks all classes from W'O'' to W'O''3 in PAL PSX versions

Lance
14th April 2002, 09:48 PM
congratulations xeik!

if i can ever do that, it will be a red letter day in my racing history!

zargz
18th May 2002, 05:36 PM
great! that was a good effort! 8)

Eins2001
24th June 2002, 10:55 PM
Congrats! Must've been a LONG road... :wink:

Sparta(Assegai)
25th June 2002, 06:07 AM
forgive me for being so dumb, but what are these AI ships you speak about?
although Wipeout3 is my favourite, i have only completed vector and venom and about 25% of both Rapier and Phantom (porto kora, mega mall and manor top)

xEik
25th June 2002, 06:38 PM
Well with that I meant the ships led by the CPU. AI stands for artificial intelligence although I thnk that in racing games one can't really speak really of that.