PDA

View Full Version : Flying Saucer's home made vid

flying_saucer
24th October 2005, 08:16 PM
hi all!
id came to a idea that i should create this video!
so i did and now its all ready!
its not so good because its webcam quality but please comments are welcome!!
Flying_Saucer
http://rapidshare.de/files/6712175/Wipeout_flying_saucer.wmv.html

hey im just a rookie :D i play it for a few months so dont comment on the bumps and walls :P after all it wasnt a good round :( because my ghost was faster >=)

element42
25th October 2005, 07:33 AM
Nice :D. The webcam-quality makes it look sooo trippy - I like it!

Asayyeah
25th October 2005, 07:27 PM
My first video with an old pathetic webcam was just cheezy.
Yours is pretty clear : good job ( i like the text too) but a bit laggy :(
Wait few years and become the new WZSpielberg !!

Mobius
25th October 2005, 07:34 PM
Damn you cursed microsoft and defective windows media player!!!

Can anyone convert into MPG? i cant view WMV nowerdays?

flying_saucer
25th October 2005, 09:48 PM
i can make a sony psp video for you :P to let it go to mp4 or ill just download a converter >? why not upgrade media player or redownload it :)

Lance
25th October 2005, 09:59 PM
uh... because WMP and WMVs suck?

lunar
25th October 2005, 10:14 PM
wmvs are an efficient way of making video for the web. You can get excellent picture quality, relatively speaking, for a small file size. It does a good job, imo, even if it is a microsoft product. :wink:

Lance
25th October 2005, 10:24 PM
psst. come here. yeah, that's right, over here. [whispers] {but WMVs on WMP can be blocked from unapproved playback}

[walks off looking as innocent as possible]

[yells back from the distance]: btw, i hate dumbed-down ''user-friendly'' software

lunar
25th October 2005, 11:05 PM
Fair enough, but if you take a load of web video type codecs: wmv, many variations of quicktimes, mpeg 1 and 2, and make a 10mb video out of the same footage with all of them, the wmv will usually look the best, or at least it always has when I`ve tested it. It looks spectacularly better than many codecs which are often used instead of it. There might well be something that achieves better quality, but in that respect it doesn`t suck, is all I`m saying. :)

Mobius
26th October 2005, 10:37 AM
The thing is WMP has offically stppoed working on my pc. As in no type of file will play at all. Shame really because everything i have tried will not work. Including reinstalling and replcaing apparanly broken dll's.

But alas i'm stumped.

lunar
26th October 2005, 11:40 AM
that`s bizarre, but it`s something that seems to happen to WMP if you are unlucky. Something similar happened to someone I know and it seems the only solution might be to rebuild the computer - not really a viable option and it shouldn`t happen.

there are other players you can download which claim to support WMV, though I`ve never tried any of them, and whether it would fix your problem I don`t know.

Deluxe
26th October 2005, 01:20 PM
You gotta love the "I'm too cool for Microsoft" bunch. XD

rageagainstgeorge
28th October 2005, 11:15 AM
Lance - WMV's don't suck, but WMP does.

Deluxe - Why start trolling for? I've just seen your post in the Coke topic on Pure and now this. People don't think that they're too cool for Microsoft (though they may be ;)), they just don't like Microsoft's corporate practices and the fact that there are a lot of better software choices out there.

xEik
28th October 2005, 12:03 PM
To me, any video format (or codec or whatever) not backed by either the ISO, IEC or ITU sucks. ;)

Yes, I'm a standards whore. So what?

Lance
28th October 2005, 12:34 PM
Deluxe, on reading back through the thread, i see no reasons expressed, nor motivations implied, that anyone was attempting to be cool nor to be socio-politically virtuous. you seem to be criticising without justification by fact