PDA

View Full Version : New Edge Magazine - Pure Advert

Sumimasen
24th October 2005, 08:04 PM
* Fairly Useless Information Alert *

Just had the latest issue of Edge magazine today, and in it is a nice full page ad for WipEout Pure (using the box art and not that generic underpass thing with the symbols).

More interestingly, it lists all the DL packs, and their release dates - including the Omega pack (which I will confirm is the 11/11/05, as previously mentioned).

Oh, and there's also a screenshot on there...

8)

Sausehuhn
24th October 2005, 08:19 PM
8O

do you hear the voice saying
scaaaaan
?

Sumimasen
24th October 2005, 08:24 PM
I don't mind doing a scan, if you want, but unfortunately I can't access my web space to post it. Fancy popping it up if I email it to you Sausehuhn?

...This is the main reason why I've not updated my Lightwave Diary for a while - lots to show, but no FTP access... :roll:

Sausehuhn
24th October 2005, 08:27 PM
no prob man

here in germany we've a lot e-mail services that have photo albums for free, I'm sure you've the same
So, I can upload the file. If you're fast I can do it today, if not I will do it tomorrow (at the same time) or the day after

Sumimasen
24th October 2005, 08:40 PM
Ok, sent mate. :D

Sausehuhn
24th October 2005, 08:46 PM
Paul, you forgot the pic, the mail is just 1KB "big" ;)

Sumimasen
24th October 2005, 08:50 PM
... ?

* Goes bright red and hurries to check email sent folder... *

erm... It's attached. Not quite sure what's happened there...

I'll try again. Hold on...

:oops:

Purist
25th October 2005, 07:09 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrr :twisted: link, anyone?

Sumimasen
25th October 2005, 08:11 AM
Ok, sorry...

I DID email it to both you AND Sausehuhn. I'm not sure why it never got through.

If there's a problem with my email, then it's out of my control.

TBH, I have a lot on my mind at the moment, and this isn't really a priority compared to my other concerns. Sorry.

If I can sort out my FTP, I'll see if I can post it up later...

EDIT: Purist, just checked your first PM, and it appears that you spelt your email wrong. It's different to the second one that came through, anyway. I'll re-send when I get home from work...

Purist
25th October 2005, 09:31 AM
No worries, thanks anyway...

Just seen it and hmmmmmmm nice, page 51 for those unaware and it does contain a (albeit tiny) picture of what I beleive to be the Neil McFarland track!!! :D

xEik
25th October 2005, 10:53 AM
Why not use the file manager that infoxicated provides to site members?

It's right below the option for entering records in the main site.

Purist
25th October 2005, 10:15 PM
Enjoy kids http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/WOP_Ad_Edge_Dec05.jpg

rageagainstgeorge
25th October 2005, 10:24 PM
I've just seen the picture of the Omega track. I was hoping for more "real" tracks. :(

Oh well, I'm just hoping now that they're fun to race around.

Rapier Racer
25th October 2005, 10:44 PM
ooo got that in my OPS2 mag

Dominator
25th October 2005, 10:47 PM
Me to Rage, I hope my Feisar doesn't look like it does in the Classic League :x

PuristJonesy
26th October 2005, 08:21 AM
what does it say about the omega pack? i can't read it

Drakkenmensch
26th October 2005, 08:56 AM
Dom: That would be surprising - they only did it the way they did in Classic league because they were seriously out of time to build the tracks the way they wanted to initially. Since they only had time to create the tracks in the neotronic style, they adjusted the look of the ships to match. They had plenty of time to work on the Omega pack looks, so it will be more like the Classic 2 league where the ships retain their original aspect and only a few visual clues let you know this is a virtual league - if even any at all.

bakkufu
26th October 2005, 08:59 AM
It looks like Omega says "one circuit, one ship and one skin" to me, which means no omega League, unless you race the same track 4 times :cry:

Sumimasen
26th October 2005, 09:17 AM
No, it says that the designers has created one track, one ship and one skin EACH, so this means four of each. That means a Tourney. That's good.

TBH, that screenshot doesn't give anything away, and as the designers will want to stamp their mark on their creation, they will look completely different. Which is also good.

:D

Hellfire_WZ
26th October 2005, 09:18 AM
One circuit, one track and one skin EACH from....

There's four.

EDIT: damn, foiled.... I would have got away with it if it weren't for that meddling Sumi :P

Sumimasen
26th October 2005, 09:24 AM
Yes. Yes you would.

:D

Drakkenmensch
26th October 2005, 09:27 AM
And now, mister, let's see who you really are!

*rips off monster mask Scooby Doo style*

GASP! It's old man Belmondo, the guy who owns the haunted mansion at Staten Park!

bakkufu
26th October 2005, 09:42 AM
thats good news, it isnt very clear when I zoomed in on it, so thought I'd ask and have it cleared up :)

Hellfire_WZ
26th October 2005, 09:50 AM
GASP! It's old man Belmondo, the guy who owns the haunted mansion at Staten Park!

I wish! :D

Purist
26th October 2005, 05:34 PM
Bit bigger, the interesting bit that is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/pure_ad.jpg