PDA

View Full Version : pure racing experience

pvdracer
22nd October 2005, 05:01 PM
hi,

how does everyone find the racing experience in pure?
i am very impressed with the smoothness of the game. i particularly like the fact that you can use weapons whilst your shield is up.

One minus point is the crampness of the d-pad (i don't use the anlaogue-stick),
i prefer the normal playstation controller, but i guess it's due to space constraints.

please feel free to discuss

p.s. i've got zone and have just unlocked medieval, i'm not impressed by any of them ships.
i prefer van uber and the puma ship 1, due to the first two ships' weak shields

killerfrog
23rd October 2005, 09:03 PM
Hi man!
I'm new with pure too!

I think the idea of "weapon absorb" is great but i miss repair pod :(
I miss also the specific class weapons like wipeout fusion.....so funny to use :)

Anyway we can't get all! :P
The game is increble anyway.....i love it yet!

I'm still using q and feisar (noob style!!!).....i have some problem with the psp pad....i'm new with it!
With a ps2 controller i can handle even a quake! :P
With psp i'm a noob -.-

Drakkenmensch
23rd October 2005, 11:19 PM
We all started out newbies at some point :) Keep up the racing, and you'll be zooming with the pros in no time!

Omni Requiem
23rd October 2005, 11:42 PM
Well keep at those Feisars and us Pirhanah and Icaras users can expect multiple rockets and plasmas up our jets while you take over and we start cursing. :wink:

kaiotheforsaken
24th October 2005, 06:29 AM
well they have to catch us first :D (obviously joking, experienced players can own with any ship) but as stated before no ship is noob and none are looked at as inferior with the exception of zone and medievil. you just gotta find a ship that feels like an extension of yourself and go with it, the best racers know the course and know their crafts strengths and short comings better than they know themselves lol.

Drakkenmensch
24th October 2005, 08:35 AM
kai is certainly right there. As long as you have a deep love and complete understanding of the specific quirks of your team, you'll be able to pull stunts with it that will leave the opposition speechless.

flying_saucer
24th October 2005, 03:33 PM
today i experienced a friend who got better at wipeout.
he played the first zone level and got a 18 for zone 2nd round a 22 and 3rd 23 you can see allot of experience going in there. The same is happening with me :) i got zone level one at 19 zones then 22 then 25 :D. not bad for a amateur id say :o

killerfrog
24th October 2005, 09:31 PM
ya....i agree.
during zone u can see ur skill growin....however,zone or not, i've still problems with torney! :(

FEISAR......HELP ME PLS!!!!!!!!! :D

Jittery-Joe
25th October 2005, 06:00 PM
I think Pure is kind-of returning to w3o's experiance but slightly better (even if it is lacking Stanzer Inta).
And for the record: 3 and Pure have Identical Feisars, and Blue Ridge IS the new PMar