PDA

View Full Version : Favourite view

Xenith
14th April 2002, 04:30 PM
just wondering whats ur favourite view is, mine personally is the furthest external camera, altho the close external camera is cool cos u can see the pilot moving around

infoxicated
14th April 2002, 05:06 PM
I think I use the same one as you - haven't really experimented with too many others, although my first fiew attempts on Zone I did use the nose view to see if ti would help me.

It didn't.

True fact - your signature is the same as Stindah's first ever post here... except he didn't put "joke" at the end of it. :)

AmishRobot
14th April 2002, 06:23 PM
Hood-Cam all the way! It's the only way you really feel the true speed of any racing game.

I've actually gotten to the point where I can't play right unless I'm judging my steering on an assumed frame around my field of vision. External views always screw me up.

Lance
14th April 2002, 06:38 PM
nose view all the way. every time i try external view, i crash into everything and become several seconds per lap slower. possibly i would improve if i stick with it for a long time, but i run out of patience and go back to the view from the front

rhys
14th April 2002, 07:28 PM
i like the default view best, it seems right after using it on the other wipeouts!! ;)

xEik
14th April 2002, 08:03 PM
Inside views move too much when turning or pitching up/down. In W'O'' it was even worse, when you touched a wall or when being hit by missiles you completely lost sight of everything. I prefer the more constant external view (at least for WipEout games).

Bob Todd
15th April 2002, 08:36 AM
I normally prefer nose mode, but after starting a new game alongside my main one, I tried using external like I normally do in the PSX WipEouts, and I sort of prefer it; I like seeing the whole ship.

I'd forgotten how good Fusion is; now that I've done Arcade and AG League in my main file I'm having to work hard to do Zone, Time Trial and all the challenges, and I'm sort of seeing it as a chore. With my new file I've got back all the old thrills, and the joy of seeing my craft gradually morph from a sleek and colourful thing to a monstrous grey lump.

Hellfire_WZ
15th April 2002, 08:40 AM
I've always stuck with the external view. Every time I try a different one, I just find it difficult to control.

Zebula77
15th April 2002, 09:40 AM
Default external for me. Anything else results in crashes all aorund. :-?

Spaceboy Gajo
15th April 2002, 05:54 PM
Personally, I like the view from the bleachers. Somewhere between the middle and the top. Then you can see a good chunk of the track.

Actaully, I use external. Do not know about Fusion yet. I just like to see all around my craft and love seeing the craft move.

I am surprised to see a lot of you go for nose view. Now that's a lot better than what I use.

I am going to ask a dumb question, but does Fusion have a cockpit view. Also, how many of you use it in the other games where applicable. Now that is hard core!

Lance
15th April 2002, 09:15 PM
i think that the only place where i've used cockpit view is in Monaco Grand Prix on the Dreamcast. Monaco GP decidedly needs improvement, though there are some good things in it, and the cockpit view is very good

Confusion
18th April 2002, 05:46 PM
I can race better with external views... but lately I kinda got bored with it all, so when I do get a chance to play Wipeout (Starcraft online is prolly the best game ever... also I have to revise for exams at the moment) I race with the hood view. Nice. None of that rolling to make you lose all awareness but the benefit of a neato racing view.

I dunno. I'm blabbering. Back to work then...

Piranha Advancements
19th April 2002, 04:20 AM
External preferred.For all reasons mentioned by others.

RichardGrigg
28th May 2002, 02:38 PM
Gotta be nose view for me. I reckon as a pilot the only way you get the full rush of adrenaline is when your in the cockpit as it were. I think external view sort of leaves you out of the action a bit. :o .

Shame you can't load up yer own music into the PS2 like you can with the X-Box as night flights at some stupid time in the morning (where headphones are a good idea)would be much better if you had yer choice of tunes too - moon on a stick please, and incidentally I can still feel the pea so chuck another mattress on while yer there ! :wink: