PDA

View Full Version : Reliving my young, back in the year 2097

BaldyCurly
21st October 2005, 07:38 AM
Hi all,

After getting hooked on pure, I needed a trip down memory lane. I now have 2097 and wipeout 3 again and I must say that these two games really stand the test of time well. The graphics are still quite good given the games age and the "feel" is a good as any game on the market today, not bad for a 9 year old game!!

Anyway, give me a few weeks and I and gonna start posting times, see if I can get anywhere near the benchmark for this version (and most other versions too) Asayyeah.

Cheers, Chris

aesop
22nd October 2005, 08:16 AM
I tried to play 2097 the other day. It was great, until you hit a track wall and the dodgem-car physics kick in.

Why did it remind me of the Gran Turismo series.

crunchysaviour
22nd October 2005, 09:23 PM
Lies!

Hit a wall and you'll bounce off it and slow down a lot.
Scrape a wall and you'll slow down a bit.

The only bad physics thing is when you scrape along a wall, and then you stop as if you've gone straight into the wall but you hven't.

Asayyeah
23rd October 2005, 06:31 PM
crunchysaviour : scrapping a wall gets you a little more speed if it's well done.
Hit a wall won't slow you down at all if you can cut it properly. :lol:

you have right only on one point : there's sometimes some kind of invisible wall when you scrape too much ( ie: valparaiso the right wall entering the first tunnel )

Drakkenmensch
23rd October 2005, 06:33 PM
Ah, sort of what you'd achieve if your main thruster was set directly against the wall, building up extra pressure to push you forward? Quite a clever trick that is.