PDA

View Full Version : Revitalized by download packs.

Deluxe
18th October 2005, 05:40 PM
Now, to be completely honest, i was a little dissapointed with Wo;Pure at first. I ( and my partner, both amid wipeout fans ) felt that all the tracks were boring, blurred together and it just wasnt particularly exciting ( As good as the gameplay and graphics are ).

Anyway, After downloading all the addon packs available to me, and obtaining every Japanese pack there is ( Coke pack 4 excluded ;) ) , I have to say, now the game is perfect.

Many of the new tracks are just what i love. High-speed races, not complicated weapons battles. Makes me feel like i'm really moving along in those mighty AG racers.

Anyway, I'd like to take this chance to say 'Kudos' to those fellows ( and fellow-etts ) at Studio Liverpool for managing to produce such an exquisit game, and still churn out Download packs that i hope continue to be produced for a long time, as every time there's atleast something that grabs my fancy :D

So from me, and i think all of the people here, i say, thankyou for the downloads, and making Pure the best yet. I look forward to Classic pack 2! Goteki 45 here i come!

Download packs = fantastic.

PS... Well... there is one thing that annoys me, and that's how far you get pushed back when being rammed/blown/flying right off the edge of the track, or endup upside down and get "zapped" back up the right way on the track 5km back.. But realistically most of that is the pilots fault ;).

Drakkenmensch
18th October 2005, 05:55 PM
Well, there's got to be SOME consequences to being hit by weapons, otherwise they'd just be decorative! :D

Choad
18th October 2005, 06:08 PM
i would prefer > damage and < movment loss. or at lest more realistic movment effects, such as being blasted in the direction of the missle, instead of having no turning and slowing down for ages. also, "wipeouts" dont occur all to often, even tho i use medieval for nearly all my races, i still scrape by a good 90% of the time. if they upped the damage of weapons it would actually make the super ships not a viable option for arcade races :) or at least more of a hassle to stay alive, and make non super ships seem like a better option

i rekon studio liverpool have done themselves a huge favour with all the free downloads in that any game they release in the future, if it boasts downloads, people will know they really do deliver the goods, and its not some gimmicky skins and thats it :)

Drakkenmensch
18th October 2005, 06:33 PM
Oh, I entirely agree! Gamma, Delta and Classic packs have delivered the goods, and Omega is still on the way for the Euro version, so there's still more yumminess to come!

*clicks the submit button and noticed his post count roll to the four digit mark*

*Fireworks and sparklers go off, ticker tape and confetti falling from the ceiling, a huge marching band appearing out of nowhere to hand Drak a big award with the number 1000 on it*

*sniffles* Thank you! You love me! You REALLY love me! I... I'd like to thank the forums... and the mods... and the academy for believing in me, and all my supporters... *continues droning on an endless acceptance speech until the 'shut it already' music cuts him off and a big vaudeville cane drags him offstage by the neck*

Sausehuhn
18th October 2005, 06:48 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, DRAKK!!!

edit by infoxicated - leached images removed.

Lance
18th October 2005, 08:45 PM
what a coincidence, Drak! my counter is running at four digits, too! we will both have a long wait to get to five digits. well, i will, anyway. at your current rate of 8.66 posts per day you may get to 10,000 before i [3.36 posts per day] do.
[starts to pick up calculator.... naahh]

Purist
18th October 2005, 08:47 PM
*Fireworks and sparklers go off, ticker tape and confetti falling from the ceiling, a huge marching band appearing out of nowhere to hand Drak a big award with the number 1000 on it*

hehe, that's ace 8)

Drakkenmensch
18th October 2005, 08:52 PM
*picks up calculator*

According to our current post number and average daily post rates... lesse...

I should reach 10,000 around december 2008, and you around february 2010 ;)

Omni Requiem
18th October 2005, 10:01 PM
Heheh, like a true speed demon. When that Omega pack hits our intertron shores I'll be onto the site like a phantom class Icaras using Turbo.
I must say that so far, all of SL's extra packs have kept me immensly entertained.
Good show chaps. :D

infoxicated
19th October 2005, 12:53 PM
FAO: Sausehuhn
Can you please stop linking to images on other forums. If you cant find what you're looking for in the range of smiley's we have on this forum, then tough crap - do not go leaching from other sites. It's not big, it's not clever, and if you do it again I will ban you.

Sausehuhn
19th October 2005, 01:45 PM
:?

erm, Rob? Sorry, did not know that. I thought it would be okay, somebody on this board did this as well, so I thought it would be no problem.
I don't want to be banned because of smileys. I though it wouldn't be any "crime".
I don't know what's your problem here, but I understand when you don't want it. I will stop that, sorry.

Distrupto
19th October 2005, 02:42 PM
Hey Colin, how long do i have to wait?

Dogg Thang
19th October 2005, 03:33 PM
For the most part it seems to be the local branches of Sony that control the releasing of content so chances are Colin can't help you out with that.

Colin Berry
19th October 2005, 10:16 PM
wait for what, sorry I havent seen the question....

Hellfire_WZ
19th October 2005, 10:41 PM
He's asking about Region 3 (Korean version) download packs. Seeing as there's a Korean option on the main Wipeout Pure website I was always under the impression they were obtained there, but apparently that's doesn't seem to be the case. I'm also interested here, I need to update the FAQ if I'm wrong.

Colin Berry
20th October 2005, 10:29 AM
As far as I know Download content will only be available for the European, American and Japanese versions. For whatever reason, and no one here seems to know why, the version released in Hong Kong and Korea - the 'asian' version wont have download support, or at least there are no plans to - this is not our decision btw
That could change but I wouldnt hold your breath, and yes I concur it seems a bit daft and is disappointing.

Distrupto
20th October 2005, 10:58 AM
So much for that. No downloads at ALL! And if it doesnt even SUPPORT downloads, no point having it. Guess ill go buy some other game for my PSP or continue looking for a Euro WOP. :?

Dogg Thang
20th October 2005, 11:37 AM
Ouch! That's unpleasant. Considering the amount of added value in the content, that's quite harsh that you won't be getting it, Disrupto. And more than a little odd.

I can only recommend tracking down another version - maybe selling your current version. There is a chance (of course I couldn't condone this) that someone somewhere may find a way of applying current packs to your version. Actually, given the amount of activity with the PSP, I'm surprised this hasn't happened already. I wouldn't hold your breath on that though.

Distrupto
20th October 2005, 03:19 PM
When u go on wipeoutpure.com's Korean section, it has Euro downloads listed(Gamma, Puma, Classic2 1, 2) but when u click download, it downloads download packs under "UCKS" which show in the saved data as corrupted data. And yes, the game doesnt recognize anything. Hopefully, the downloads will come out for the Region-3 UMD too, but Im still looking for Euro WOP. Where I live, its not that easy to sell a UMD though.

Choad
20th October 2005, 03:22 PM
i know this site does not want to have anything to do with the illegal ripping scene and all that, but isnt it true that emulators, like snes9x are legal, and so are the roms, so long as you own the game in real life?

are the same rules applied to the umd emulator for the psp? because if it was legal, you could then get a euro/ americain iso of wop.

dont shoot me too much if even the mention of this is against the rules, im just trying to help :)

Drakkenmensch
20th October 2005, 03:35 PM
The field of emulators and the legality therein is about as stable and solid as a raging mudslide on a hillside open sky columbian emerald mine.

Basically, what it says is that you are indeed allowed to create a backup copy of a media you legally own on the condition that you do not distribute it or sell it. This, of course, is highly problematic as most companies will encrypt their softwares up the yin-yang and sue your ass the instant you manage to break through the encryption to make that "legal" backup.

So to answer the question, just try to steer clear of the spotlight when dealing with issues like this one. Big companies are very protective of their content, and will likely crush everyone in their path pre-emptively and work things out AFTER suing you for all you're worth.

Choad
20th October 2005, 04:08 PM
hmmm, well umd's are not encrypted i assume, as you can browse them with hb file browsers. but thats not really the point.

i was just thinking it might have been possible for region 3 wop owners to get a region 2 or 1 iso. but concidering if it was a different region, you clearly are not "making a backup" so i suppose it isnt legal. ho hum.... poor old region 3 peeps

Colin Berry
20th October 2005, 04:24 PM
Ok a little more info

It is only the asian version with no downloads - the korean downloads are coming soon apparently - very soon !

The asian version does no have the online option in the main menu - if you have this version, well, you are screwed. If you have the Korean, you are fine.

Distrupto you have another couple of pms from me - let me know which version you have Korean or Asian - you can tell based purely on the main menu.

To be honest I didnt realise there were 5 version, I thought only 4, but there is 5.

So
Euro - downlaods
America - downloads
Japan - downloads
Korea - downloads coming very soon
Asian - no downloads, and no on-line option in front end

uhm, hope thats a little clearer

Distrupto
20th October 2005, 04:32 PM
UCAS! The Asian version! No "Online" in the menu. No downloads. :(

Drakkenmensch
20th October 2005, 04:33 PM
What is the easiest way to tell apart the Korean from the Asian version?

EDIT: Nevermind, my question is answered already :mrgreen:

Distrupto
20th October 2005, 04:35 PM
UCAS and UCKS. "Online" and no "Online".