PDA

View Full Version : Pure Game + 3out Music = Gold

Deluxe
18th October 2005, 04:04 AM
Now, this is strictly a personal taste thing, so it's probably not for everyone ;).

I've found that by turning off the music of Wipeout Pure ( Hand having sound effects up at 100% ) and then blaring the Wipeout 3 music out of some nice bassey sound system speakers, that you can vastly improve the overal gaming experience ;)

I'm racing a good 1-2 spaces better playing with Wip3out music than i was with the stuff from pure. I suggest thou'st all try it, with your favorite music ;)

That's my two cents,
Cheers.
Deluxe.

P.s, i've fallen in love with the Wire05 Ship.... Tigron just doesnt cut it anymore. But i look forward to Icaras ;).

Distrupto
18th October 2005, 01:04 PM
What IS the Wirey05? Is it an Al-Vasky, or a NX-1000? Is it and the Wirey5 tracks wildly branded like Coke and Puma? If it is, 8O :!: ! What's its stats?

Edit: Now that I think of it, Medieval is also a branded ship! And since Zone is owned by the FX-300 which is owned by the Belmondo Foundation, it must be related to NX-1000! :lol:

aesop
18th October 2005, 01:08 PM
I listen to the Wipeout 2097 soundtrack. It does dick to my racng performance, but it sounds GOOD.

::Plays The Third Sequence at full volume::

::House explodes::

Drakkenmensch
18th October 2005, 01:14 PM
Wire05 is a japanese exclusive pack that was only available at a special event Wire05 show and includes:

- a menu skin
- two music tracks
- the Wire05 ship
- a Wire05 branded Koltiwa track

The Wire05 was modeled in appearance on the NX1000 but is NOT the actual ship. It was nicknamed "Al-Vaskei" by the Wipeout community after a very clever backstory was written for it (credit to Randomperson1) and the same nickname was also applied to the Puma I ship of the Euro delta pack as it is essentially the SAME ship with different branding.

Deluxe
18th October 2005, 01:23 PM
Incase no-ones done it yet, here's my contribution to the Al-Vaseki Story.

http://taikora.com/stuff/al-vaseki.jpg

Drakkenmensch
18th October 2005, 01:29 PM
It's a very nice logo, but you mispelled the "Al-Vaskei" name. You reversed the e and i.

Deluxe
18th October 2005, 01:40 PM
Hah, i sure did. Hangon... There we go.

The idea was to give it a bit of an Arabian look. I think it's nice ^^.

eLhabib
18th October 2005, 01:46 PM
btw, there is a whole THREAD abou Al-Vaskei, with tons of logo-ideas in it. Might wanna look there...

Deluxe
18th October 2005, 02:28 PM
I apologise, i didn't see the whole THREAD about al-vaseki ( Any reason it's in capitals? ).

Lance
18th October 2005, 08:11 PM
could have been:
a whole thread
a whole Thread
a whole thread
a whole thrEAd
a whole THREAD [oops, already had that one]
a whOle thread
a WHOLE thread

are there any Other EMPHases that anyone would care to try? :)

Drakkenmensch
18th October 2005, 08:22 PM
a whole thread
a whole thread
a \/\/h013 thread

;)

eLhabib
18th October 2005, 11:58 PM
sorry, did I over-emphasise that? didn't mean to sound rude, just wanted to make the news sound more FANTASTIC! :wink: