PDA

View Full Version : exostra run in flash time trial

Choad
17th October 2005, 06:44 PM
is it just me, or is that one tight race you gotta pull off to win it? does it get even tighter in rapier/phantom?

i did it, but there was some serious foul language being shouted at my psp during the battle...

i have done up to mandrashee on all leagues, and now im doing the gamma / classic 2 on all leagues, but the point being i have pretty much done each time trial with 10 seconds or so to spare for all the other levels. even citta neuvoa (sp)

not that im complaining too much, i like a challenge :D

Seek100
17th October 2005, 07:21 PM
You'll find the Gamma, Delta and Classic2 TTs to be brain-damagingly hard. And even worse at Flash speed, that is definetly the hardest speed. If you thought Exostra Run Flash was hard you just wait till you do Kara Descent TT, Exostra only took me 2 or 3 goes but Kara Descent, man did I want to punch someone in the face after that. But don't worry they get slightly easier on Rapier speed, I haven't done the Phantom ones for the D/L content yet, but I doubt they'll be too hard given Rapier was easier.

Choad
17th October 2005, 07:25 PM
ahhh fair play. i have euro version, so i dont have the track you are talking about (quasi glad of that)

unless it was in that god awful puma thing, which i refuse to put on :)

lunar
17th October 2005, 07:27 PM
Yes generally Flash is a lot tighter, but I think Exostra Run is perhaps the only TT where it`s harder to get gold on Rapier than Flash, or one of very few at least.

Yes - it`s a Pumaland track, but believe me when you`re going for a gold medal on that track you won`t see the billboards - you`ll be far too busy aiming for the next speed pad. They`re good, speedy tracks - and if you get the timing right I`m sure it`s possible to shoot the Puma billboards with disruption bolts.

Drakkenmensch
17th October 2005, 07:31 PM
You'll find the Gamma, Delta and Classic2 TTs to be brain-damagingly hard
The only exception is Vohl Square, which is a real walk in the (Staten) park. All five medals obtained on the first try. The rest of them, I agree that they will brain your damage.

Pride.
Power.
Piranha!

Sausehuhn
17th October 2005, 07:37 PM
@ Drakk aka Pride aka Power aka Piranha:

the Classic Pack 2 time trials (Porta Kora and Vohl Square) are really easy compared to the other downloadable tracks. If you're good enough you can make 3 barrel rolls on Porta Kora and 6 or 7 [!!!] barrel rolls on Vohl Square!

Drakkenmensch
17th October 2005, 07:44 PM
Unless you're flying Triakis, you just MIGHT run out of shield energy before the end of the time trial on Vohl - as if you even NEEDED to barrel roll that much anyway! :wink:

Choad
17th October 2005, 07:55 PM
ok vohl square, that is americain only yeah? i dont *think* i missed any non corporate packs...

omg how did i miss that!? wkd new tracks for me :DDD

edit by mod: Two successive posts combined into one. Double-posting is discouraged.

^^ sorry :S

Sausehuhn
18th October 2005, 05:12 PM
you just MIGHT run out of shield energy before the end of the time trial on Voh
yep, so I use the turbo for absorbing :o

Drakkenmensch
18th October 2005, 05:18 PM
Ah maybe, but thing is, the time trials on Vohl are so EASY, you don't even NEED to barrel roll THAT MUCH.

Choad
18th October 2005, 06:00 PM
is the single race made harder for classic 2 as well?