PDA

View Full Version : Cool Download Pack Icons!

Deluxe
16th October 2005, 09:43 AM
Now, I hope this hasn't already been done, but I thought i should share this with you guys, Wipeout Zone being the premier Wipeout source and all ;)

I was getting so damn bored of those little arrow icons infront of all the Wipeout download Packs, so i've put together replacement images for all of the current download packs for the Japanese wipeout game.

My apologies for terrible image quality.
http://taikora.com/stuff/VFMI0005.JPG
Another picture (http://taikora.com/stuff/Wipeout_Pure_-_Download_Pack_Icons.jpg)

Once you replace the images, it looks oh so much prettier.

The pack can be download here: Wipeout_Pure_-_Download_Pack_Icons.rar (http://taikora.com/stuff/Wipeout_Pure_-_Download_Pack_Icons.rar).
It's a massive total of all 61kb, so don't go busting your download limit! lol.

UPDATE!!! ZIP FILE NOW! GET! Download (http://taikora.com/stuff/Wipeout_Pure_-_Download_Pack_Icons.zip)

The archive password is 'taikora.com', this discourages those cheap bastard webmasters with no original content of their own to *easily* claim my material as their own. It's not a full-proof system for obvious reasons, but works, none the less.

Anyaway, enjoy, and I'd love to hear your thoughts, and requests - if any ^^.

Cheers,
Deluxe.

PS. Yes, all the current Jap packs are here, including Coke and Continue, they are all the same style ( Different colors for different packs )[/url]

Drakkenmensch
16th October 2005, 11:42 AM
Dude, you rock. :guitarist :rock_on :rock_on :rock_on :rock_on

And white PSP? Very nice. :D

Mobius
16th October 2005, 11:45 AM
Can someone put them into a zip file instead?

Winrar gave me a virus, thats the last time im using them... :)

Drakkenmensch
16th October 2005, 11:51 AM
I'll do that once I get home after my shift is done, unless someone does it faster than me :wink:

Pride.
Power.
Piranha!

Deluxe
16th October 2005, 11:57 AM
Added .zip ^^. ( See top post )

Drakkenmensch
16th October 2005, 11:59 AM
*grins* ...aaaaand that took exactly 12 minutes from request to post :lol:

Deluxe
16th October 2005, 12:04 PM
And 11 of those minutes were spent getting Cornflakes ;)!

Any requests?

eLhabib
16th October 2005, 12:12 PM
hm, nice icons, but when do you actually look at them? I know I never do...

white PSP is ace tho :wink:

Sven
16th October 2005, 12:24 PM
I think it would be neat if you made background images to go with each pack as well. Like an Icaras on Vohl Square for Classic 3 or something.

Drakkenmensch
16th October 2005, 12:29 PM
It would take a while to selectively replace all those images, granted, but the final effect would be totally awesome and well worth the effort :D

eLhabib
16th October 2005, 12:31 PM
hey, talking about big efforts - you could replace the icon of EACH GHOST with a screenshot from that actual track and ship! now THAT would be ace!

Drakkenmensch
16th October 2005, 12:36 PM
And we have just crossed the line from devotion to obsessive compulsive disorder :dizzy

Omni Requiem
16th October 2005, 12:57 PM
I remember doing a similar thing, my profile has a picture of one of my anime characters.
But I didn't use a download, just my PC. If you connect your PSP via USB and go into the memory card folder there sould be folders called "user" and followed by a string of characters and numbers.
Your first profile ends in "0000", the second "0001" and so on.
The icon files are in these folders (a png image of the arrow). Just create a PNG image of your choice that has the same dimensions and name ot "icon0".
It should replace the arrow file and wahh-lahh, you have a new profile image without downloading stuff.
Kudos on the pack though, it's awesome.

Sausehuhn
16th October 2005, 01:07 PM
@ eLhabib

yeah, that would be cool, but: does every ghost use a pic for it's own, or is there one pic for all ghosts?

Drakkenmensch
16th October 2005, 01:38 PM
Whenever a ghost profile is generated, it uses a default pic from the UMD itself, so every new ghost would have to be altered individually by hand after being created.

What I wonder now - if you overwrite the ghost with a better performance, does the game overwrite the icon as if recreating the ghost profile from scratch, or does it just alter the profile stat info?

Distrupto
16th October 2005, 04:45 PM
Hey, how do u take screenshots in WOP without having to go get a camera? And even if u change the pics of the profile and ghosts, they still reappear as rotating FEISARs when u see them in saved data utility. I just compared my black PSP(which I have to keep wiping to remove easily formed smudges) to the whitey and I find transparent black buttons look better than milky white ones. And by the way, why is the PSP in the picture on what seems to be the floor? :?

Deluxe
16th October 2005, 04:52 PM
And it's on what seems to be the floor because living in a central Tokyo apartment building doesnt leave much room for a photography set ;)

edit by Lance: antagonistic remark removed. if you have a question about this, Deluxe, send me a private message.

Drakkenmensch
16th October 2005, 04:55 PM
I've encountered this when trying to replace icon images for saved profiles. If the profile (or whatever data you highlight) has an animated alternative used when highlighting, then your own self-made icon will yield to the animated pic when you select it. This occurs with both user profiles and ghosts. Since download packs have no animated image data, then you can select them and the new image remains.

And as for your second question - because he placed his PSP on the floor to take the picture? :D

Mobius
16th October 2005, 04:58 PM
Ive already tinkered with them for my personal preference, but its a fab idea!

One the omega pack is out here, can i compile the european logos?

Distrupto
16th October 2005, 04:59 PM
Ha ha ha, very funny. :wink: :sarcastic: I thought Japanese digicams were compact and had good image quality. Aren't they?

Deluxe
16th October 2005, 05:06 PM
They sure are, just like anywhere else in the world. Those pictres however, were taken using an old-ish 1 megapixel Vodafone *shudder* mobile phone handset. Eww. Hah.

bakkufu
17th October 2005, 08:46 AM
by knowing what files do what in the psp you can edit the save games quite nicely.

On all of my packs I have custom artwork - delta has a nice piccy of the Puma II on it, and all of them have the accompanying music that kicks off when you view your wipeout pure savedata.

Oh and I removed that animation too.

ICON1.PMF is the animation file - delete if you dont want it, copy it to any other savegame to use the same animation.

Icon0.png is the static display picture. Edit as nessecary.

PIC1.PNG background - edit as nessecary.

SND0.AT3 - the music that plays with the savegame - copy to other folders or delete.

oh and...

LEAVE THE OTHER FILES ALONE.

Purist
17th October 2005, 09:36 AM
'Nice action'... anyone else have any others to share... and Deluxe, have one for WIRE05???

Distrupto
17th October 2005, 10:57 AM
How can u make a video into a PMF for the background? I dont like seeing a rotating FEISAR in ghosts of Piranha, Auricom and Qirex. :roll: Anybody got a rotating Piranha animation? Drak? :)

Drakkenmensch
17th October 2005, 12:13 PM
don't I WISH! I'd have to know:

A) How to make such an animation
B) Where to get the required Piranha models to do it
C) How to save it in the right format

Anyone know how to pull that off? :D

Distrupto
17th October 2005, 12:23 PM
If anybody can do this, it would be WONDERFUL! I mean, before going to launch WOP in an attempt to beat a ghost, I always look in the saved data to make sure i havent deleted it and what ship it is. And always, I find that rotating FEISAR! Sometimes I end up thinking im up against a FEISAR, which I hardly ever drive. It would be definately better if ghosts showed what ship they r.

BTW, that music is an Atrac3 file, right?

Deluxe
17th October 2005, 01:52 PM
don't I WISH! I'd have to know:

A) How to make such an animation
B) Where to get the required Piranha models to do it
C) How to save it in the right format

Anyone know how to pull that off? :D

I'm looking into it for you ;)
Give me a few hours ;)

Deluxe
18th October 2005, 02:16 AM
Well, i've been looking into that PMF file, and i can tell you, you're in for something shortly ;).

And also, as by request, here is the Wire05 Icon, custom made ;)

http://taikora.com/stuff/Wipeout_Pure_-_Download_Pack_Icons.zip

jscinoz
20th October 2005, 08:18 AM
great job deluxe, but i was wondering if it would be possible to make versions of the icons for the euro version packs? if it is possible and if you are willing to do it then thank you alot

jscinoz

rageagainstgeorge
20th October 2005, 05:51 PM
I've made some Euro ones if anyones interested. It's got all the packs currently out with the exception of the Classic ones. The classic music are done though.

UPDATE:

I have made icons for all the download packs both the Euro and American versions. PM me your email and I'll send them.