PDA

View Full Version : Royksopp track?

Drakkenmensch
15th October 2005, 06:29 AM
I was checking out the wiki entry for Wipeout and noticed that it was listing "Royksopp: Curves" as part of the track listing. A lot of websites credit that track as part of Wipeout Pure. Is it the name of the intro movie music, or is this just an error of the press release spread around as fact?

djlucite
15th October 2005, 07:14 AM
Menu bg music beat.

eLhabib
15th October 2005, 10:59 AM
yup, it's the menu music. I knew it as soon as I played purE for the first time, because it does sound a lot like SSX3's menu music, which, of course, is also by royksopp. does get a little hard on the ears after a while tho...

Mobius
15th October 2005, 12:40 PM
I thought the ssx3 menu music was a remix of "screw up" by overseer.

Drakkenmensch
15th October 2005, 12:56 PM
Aaaah, never thought of that! You get so used to that repetitive music that you effectively tune it out entirely after a while.

yawnstretch
15th October 2005, 05:31 PM
How shocking!

I too remembered seeing the Royksopp listing around and having enjoyed some of their music in the past was looking forward to it!

-and I'm not much of a fan of the menu music tbh.

richchestmat
15th October 2005, 09:10 PM
Ahhh SSX3.

Got mad skillz and will get wild.
Will get wild. Will get wild.

I love the fact that different menus have the same track but different loops. It works well flicking through them - almost like remixing the track.

SSX4 is going to be all rawk music =( but at least the PSP version will have the SSX3 maps apparently.

djlucite
16th October 2005, 12:09 AM
If you go to the website and go to the game info and check the music tracks, Royksopp is listed as an artist and if you listen to their soundclip, it's the menu beat. That's how I found out.

Drakkenmensch
16th October 2005, 12:17 AM
Thank you everyone who gave me the info I needed :)