PDA

View Full Version : whats the point of being able to tilt your ship?

Xenith
14th April 2002, 11:40 AM
whats the point if being able to tilt your ship foward and back? (i mean when u press up and down on the analogue stick) does ur ships nose down make it go faster and up make it go slower?
and if it does anything is it really worth concentrating on doing that at every tight corner or downhill

Eratos
14th April 2002, 02:26 PM
I believe, although I don't have any evidence to back this up, that tilting the nose of your ship up and down affects the distance you travel in jumps. Tilt up, you'll jump further, tilt down, you'll 'land' sooner.

AmishRobot
14th April 2002, 06:36 PM
It may be different for Fusion (haven't played it yet), but in all the previous games, tilting the nose up and down affects:

speed on inclines
distance of jumps
contact with walls
turning radius

Using the pitch controls will improve your times. I'm assuming that all this remains true for Fusion. I know it's quite different in other aspects.

Confusion
18th April 2002, 06:03 PM
I've found that tilitng the ship up and down is useful for jumps and turns.

An example for jumps is the one in Mandrashee 3 forward... after that big long left hander. Go over all speed up pads and 90% of the time you will hit the sign before the tunnel. Same if you use the speed weapon. Use the tilt method and this only happens 30% of the time.

Turns... if you are going tight into a turn and you drift REALLY wide, point that nose up... sometimes it works.

zaarock
20th April 2002, 06:43 AM
i have found that when you go down in cubiss float course 3 reverse press the up button
and it will get much more easyer down when you turn at the same time.