PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable Packs

HOG
13th October 2005, 02:02 PM
Hi,

This question has probably been asked a thousand times already so I do apologise.

I downloaded the Gamma,Delta and Gamefinder packs but I was wondering how do you access them?

Does it require that you clear all of the leagues in the game before it unlocks the packs and skins?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

BaldyCurly
13th October 2005, 02:32 PM
Hi HOG and welcome to the wipeoutzone!!

I am pretty sure you should be able to access all the bit's in the packs straight away mate.

How did you download the packs? The easiest way is using the In Game Browser. Are you sure you have the correct region downloads for your PSP? Jap downloads don't work with the Euro version, you must download the correct region.

Hope this helps, Chris

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 02:41 PM
Gamefinder pack? I've never even heard of that one. Is it just another name for the japanese Continue pack, or something else entirely?

Welcome to the zone, BTW!!!

HOG
13th October 2005, 02:54 PM
Hi BaldyCurly & DrakkenMensch,

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I live in the UK so I downloaded the packs from yourpsp.com as I don't have access to a wireless modem. I downloaded it after I updated my PSP with the version 2 software and the download goes through ok and I can see it in my 'save data utility'.

The Gamefinder download has the Puma sports brand skin for your ships anything more than that I don't really know because again I can't access that either LOL

Is it a case that I simply go into a league? for example the Rapier League and assuming that I've already completed Alpha, Beta & Ascension tournaments the Gamma would be sitting there.

any idea's guys?

Thanks for your help

Sausehuhn
13th October 2005, 02:56 PM
I'm sure he means the Gamesradar pack, so the skin.

HOG, 1st: welcome to the forums, 2nd: did you restart your PSP, are sure you have enough free space on the stick and was the memory stick already formatted?

HOG
13th October 2005, 02:58 PM
My mistake, it is the GamesRadar pack.

I formatted my card when I got the version 2 update and did do a reset (if I remember right)

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 03:08 PM
Even if it's just a skin, I'm interested in completing my collection of download packs :)

Where might one acquire this pack?

Sausehuhn
13th October 2005, 03:16 PM
here! (http://www.yourpsp.com/psp/psp.html#setlocale=true&section=download_game_list&locale=en_gb)

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 03:18 PM
Thank you buddy! I'll go download as soon as I get home :)

Medusa
17th May 2007, 01:49 PM
Well I am having sort of the same trouble as HOG - all the packs are on my PSP and visible at the Save Data Utility, but when I try to start Pure, my PSP crashes!:frown: or rather, freezes - right at the first Pure loading screen, while the psp is accessing the memory stick. AARRGH! I've had no problems with my cheapo memory stick prior to this so must have done something...dumb.

(Probably that I downloaded the rar files to my PC and then used winRAR to export them to the PSP via USB cable. Do I have to download using the UMD?)

q_dmc12
17th May 2007, 02:01 PM
Both ways work equally without problems....in theory.

What fw do you have?

andy
17th May 2007, 02:03 PM
You don't download from the UMD because they are not there. You can only get them from the internet.

There shouldn't be a problem with putting them on using the USB and I have never had any problems with mine. It may just be a faulty set of downloads. Just have a look to see if there is anything in the download folders that shouldn't be there and maybe just reinstall the packs.

Medusa
17th May 2007, 04:06 PM
I'm using 3.02, I had installed them to PSP\SAVEDATA. Is that even the right folder?? I deleted all and will try installing one pack at a time.:frown:

q_dmc12
17th May 2007, 04:22 PM
:frown:Sorry, I fear I can not help you:(

Except, try to redownload the packs from another source...?

Medusa
17th May 2007, 04:36 PM
I calmed down and slowly and carefully reinstalled them on my PSP in order. And they all work fine. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I should have just tried this before "freaking out".:D

q_dmc12
17th May 2007, 10:34 PM
:pcGlad we could help:+

The Uncreated
1st June 2007, 02:49 PM
Didn't want to create a new thread for this, but this one is most appropriate.

I'm on the U.S. version of Pure (soon to transfer over to the Euro version). For some reason I don't see the classic tracks in my tournament listing despite having them installed. I do, however, have them in my single race track list, though only the first one (Karbonis). The only tracks in my tournament list are Alpha, Beta and Ascension to which I have scored all golds in.

Am I supposed to be unlocking the classic tournament through some means? Does my profile require a certain skill ranking?

Uncreated

Tomahawk
1st June 2007, 04:09 PM
You've got to get a certain amount of gold medals (was it 40 :? )to unlock the other 3 classic tracks which are not shown on your profile, yet. Once you've unlocked all 4 tracks you'll be able to play the classic tournament, too.

phl0w
1st June 2007, 06:26 PM
Taken from Hellfire's amazing WipeOut pure FAQ (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2524) on these ( ;) ) boards:

Classic league?

These circuits aren't actually available at the start, they need to be unlocked by obtaining gold medals. Karbonis requires that you gain golds in all Alpha and Beta Single Races in any one class, Sagarmatha needs 25 golds, Manor Top needs 40 and Mandrashee needs 60.

The Uncreated
1st June 2007, 07:25 PM
Perfect, thanks.

- U