PDA

View Full Version : WipEout Pure Festival

Sausehuhn
13th October 2005, 11:48 AM
Jou hey hou!

This goes to all german members:

There will be a WipEout Pure Festival in Duisburg on the 15th this month at the "Landschaftspark Nord" featuring top artists like Timo Maas and a location for 5000 people.
You also canwin VIP tickets for you and one person if you know which artist never made a track for a WipEout Soundtrack:

a) The Prodigy
b) Bon Jovi
c) Chemical Brothers

That's very complecated, isn't it? http://www.portablegaming.de/images/smilies/freak.gif

The whole thing will be presented by VIVA (german muci channel like MTV)
mehr gibbet hier / more here* (http://www.viva.tv/wipeout)

There's also a small movie at the german WipEout Pure site (www.wipeoutpure.com) with infos and a few flying WO-crafts :)

* german site

eLhabib
13th October 2005, 12:42 PM
damn! I was there in 2002 at the wipEout Fusion festival! 13 hours trainride - terrible! for everyone who considers going there - if you are further than 100km away, don't even bother, it's not worth it. It's basically just a big clubbing with tons of people who have no idea what wipEout is, and there's a few showcase playstations where you can play (after waiting in line for, like, an HOUR). Don't expect anything your mind associates with the words 'WipEout Festival'

Sven
13th October 2005, 03:10 PM
You also canwin VIP tickets for you and one person if you know which artist never made a track for a WipEout Soundtrack:

a) The Prodigy
b) Bon Jovi
c) Chemical Brothers
If only it was that easy.

Sausehuhn
13th October 2005, 03:14 PM
yes, yes, I meant the answer is easy.

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 03:16 PM
Duh duh duh, not too fast?

Answer a... que...sti....on?

That's gonna take me a while to get my... head... thinking... thing... in motion.

Sausehuhn
13th October 2005, 03:19 PM
-.-

I will explain:
I understood, that Sven meant, that it isn't easy (because even when you know the answer, you don't have the tickets)
so I meant, that the answer is easy, but not getting the tickets.

Verstanden?!

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 03:21 PM
Yes, we were just being smartasses there 8)

Lance
13th October 2005, 09:54 PM
or dumb asses

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 10:13 PM
that's all just semantics to say we're a big bunch of idiots, really ;)

Rouni Kenshin#1
13th October 2005, 10:32 PM
intressing, too bad i'm not a german.

though i am in my schools german club and taking german.

were having an Octoberfest on the 29th, WOOT. 8)

Sausehuhn
14th October 2005, 11:36 AM
were having an Octoberfest on the 29th
http://web310.server2.dce4u.de/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_lol2.gif

that's cool 8)

eLhabib
14th October 2005, 02:15 PM
but then what good is Octoberfest when you can't drink beer? :P :D

Sausehuhn
14th October 2005, 02:18 PM
yeah, and without Dampfnudeln and Schweinshaxen :D

:dizzy

lunar
14th October 2005, 03:01 PM
If it wasn`t so far away I`d like to go, if only to see and listen to Timo Maas in action. The man`s a musical giant, imo. Could also be quite amusing (and possibly dangerous) when thousands of people in close quarters all switch on their PSPs at the same time and press "Search for games."

Sausehuhn
14th October 2005, 03:12 PM
you should visit timo maas' website, you can listen to his album there. The tracks aren't in the best quality, but still very good :)

eLhabib
14th October 2005, 05:26 PM
Could also be quite amusing (and possibly dangerous) when thousands of people in close quarters all switch on their PSPs at the same time and press "Search for games."

if it was like that, I would think about going, too. but as it is, I don't expect ANYONE to bring their PSPs, in fact, I expect 90% of the audience there not even knowing what a PSP is. They simply take the wipEout setting as an excuse to get sponsored by sony, that's all. In 2002, at the wipEout Fusion Festival, which took place at the same location, there were exactly 3 PS2/Fusion setups with waiting lines, and 2 setups with GT3 and a steering wheel/cockpit. I expected MUCH more wipEout-related stuff. :(