infoxicated
13th April 2002, 08:08 PM
In no particular order...

GTA3
Madden 2002
Wipeout Fusion
Wipeout 3 SE
Ace Combat 4

Those are the games over the last couple of years that I'd say had most impact play time wise.

Sprinkled in there have been;

Rumble Racing
Tony Hawks
TOCA World Touring Cars

I think, from the first list, GTA 3 is just a seminal title - it is one of the most complete games I've ever played. I remember back on the Spectrum when I first played Skooldaze - you were a renegade school kid - the game involved going to classes, but you didn't have to, it also had rules like a real school, but you didn't have to obey them. I thought at the time "Wow - this is Very Cool Stuff (tm)!"

GTA3 just takes that and magnifies it exponentially - I'd say it's the best game so far on the PS2.

rhys
13th April 2002, 08:44 PM
1.wipeout fusion
1.ssx tricky
3.ssx
4.fifa
5.gt3

those r my favourite games!!!! :D

Piranha Advancements
14th April 2002, 05:27 AM
I'll do a Top 10.

1 - Ogre Battle
2 - Twisted Metal Black
3 - GTA 3
4 - Chrono Trigger
5 - Final Fantasy 2 / 4
6 - Tekken 4
7 - Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII
8 - wipE"out"
9 - Shadowrun
10 - Armored Core series

Stalker
14th April 2002, 12:05 PM
I like all games, but this is a list of games that have rocked my world (I.e. stolen considerable amounts of time and money =) so far:

Commando (Commodore 64)
Boulder Dash (C64)
Bubble Bobble (NES/C64)
Pole Position (Arcade)
Nitro (Amiga)
Kickboxer (Amiga - still one of the best fighters)
Wipeout 2097 (PSX)
Final Fantasy VII-VIII (PSX)
Wipeout 3/SE (PSX)
GTA 3 (PS2 Best game I´ve EVER played)
Wipeout Fusion (Uuuuh... Dreamcast)

That´s just a few... I could go on and on, but these are the games I really love.

AmishRobot
14th April 2002, 06:18 PM
I've been pretty hard to please lately, so all I've really been playing is GTA3, Wipeout3, and Rez.

I agree with foxy that GTA3 is one of *those* games that just does everything right. Though my all-time favorite is still Gunstar Heroes. :D

Vasudeva
14th April 2002, 06:30 PM
Even though I'm mad about the whole WipeOut series (xcept for Fusion which I haven't played yet - and a PS2 is a tad too expensive right now), I'm actually heavily into fighting games, which means... the whole Soul Blade lot, the Mortal Kombat series, the Tekken games, the Virtua Fighters... I must add that I also like build and conquer games such as Command and Conquer and Warcraft or the more civ oriented Caesar III (I'm a real Roman Empire freak, too, check out my website :-)).

VQ

Wamdue
15th April 2002, 06:48 AM
1. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of liberty
2. Counter-Strike
3. Starwing FX (Starfox)
4. Alpha Waves (atari , first 3d game enviroment that conceived the feeling of vertigo for me)
5. WipEout Fusion
6. Zone Of The Enders
7. Armored Core 2
8. Syphon Filter 2
9. Jumpgate (the game caz: is all into, extremly fun, if you can afford it)
10. Escape Velocity (great shareware game for mac, its sequel is out, check it out if you got a mac)

Bob Todd
15th April 2002, 08:30 AM
In no particular order:

PSX:
WipEout
Spyro
Oddworld
Hogs Of War
Music / Music 2000
Crash

PS2:
Fusion
Zone Of The Enders
Escape From Monkey Island
Sky Odyssey
Jak & Daxter

Games I'm looking forward to getting (some released and some to be released):
Klonoa 2
Fur Fighters
Spyro 4
MTV Music Generator 2
Wallace & Gromit
Crash 4 (I've played this; it's great)
SSX Tricky
Malice

Stalker
15th April 2002, 09:42 AM
What about pinball? I play pinball *at least* once a week. 2 days ago I bought my own pinball machine - a Bally Xenon from 1980. Guess I´ll be playing more often now. ;-)

Zebula77
15th April 2002, 12:23 PM
A list of sorts:
Wipeout games (all of them, can't pick one over the others)
Pro Evolution Soccer (no other football game even comes close, least of all FIFA)
SSX Tricky
GTA3 (got it before Christmas, and I'm still playing it!)
GT3
Doom
Bubble Bobble
Silkworm
Sensible World Of Soccer
The Oddworld games on PSX (why, oh why couldn't 'Munch's Oddyssey' come out on PS2?)
The Tekken games (no other beat 'em up games are worth mentioning)
Final Fantasy VII, and IX

Eagerly awaiting:
Winning Eleven 6
Final Fantasy X
Stuntman

Will probably be getting:
ICO

zaarock
16th April 2002, 03:39 PM
10. Escape Velocity (great shareware game for mac, its sequel is out, check it out if you got a mac)

there are two sequels escape welocity owweride and nova! you can get them from www.ambrosia.net there are many other good games there but nova i dont have enough megabits :cry: it has weeeryy good graphics and it looks cool!

Bob Todd
16th April 2002, 03:59 PM
why, oh why couldn't 'Munch's Oddyssey' come out on PS2?

Because that stupid hippy Lorne Lanning couldn't be bothered to make the effort to code for the PS2, which is a lot harder to program for than the XBox but produces far more rewarding results.

And I know this sounds like the fox and grapes scenario, but some of my online friends have played Munch's Oddysee and apparently we're not missing much; it's apparently not as good as the Abe games. The console transition mangled it.

Oh, and I quite like Rez too. I don't think I'll buy it, as it's so short.

Hyper Shadow
16th April 2002, 05:09 PM
Hmmmm, top games, let me see.....

Jet Set Radio (DC)
Sonic Adventure 2 (DC)
Tony Hawks Series (Various)
WipEout Series (PSX/PS2)
Shadowman (Various)
Soul Reaver (Various)
Starcraft (PC)
Quake series (Various)
POD (PC)
Geoff Crammonds: Grand Prix 2 (PC)

Those would be the games that I jump to every time I pick up my consoles.

Just to be a bit different however, here are the 10 games that I picked up, and had to put down,

Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)
Metal Gear: Solid (PSX)
Dave Mirras Freestyle BMX (DC)
Any Boxing game (Various)
ShadowMan 2 (PS2)
Zone of the Enders (PS2)
Tekken Series (PSX/PS2)
V-Rally (N64)
Sega GT (DC)
Shaun Palmers Pro Snowboarder (PS2)

Some of those games are god awful, somejust failed to inspire me, there are plenty of games I could still add to my faves but I find it hard to add any to the dislike one.
Oh well, keep on playing....

jmoid
16th April 2002, 08:26 PM
favourites ever would be something like this...

wipeout 2097 - an absolute revelation. after discovering it countless hours were lost, my eyes suffered irreperable damage, my nueral pathways were imperceptibly but permanently altered. the game to end all games. well i liked it anyway ;)

tekken 2 the gameplay on tekken 3 is better but i love the atmosphere of tekken 2, and i certainly played ot more, or that may have had more to do with financial concerns than anything else!

armored core 2 still playing it now. not everyone's cup of tea but certainly still one of the best and most underrated ps2 games.

gunstar heroes manic japanese platform shoot em up for the mega drive - if you have one and you see this game BUY IT!

sensible soccer football game without equal!

futurecop LAPD again, sadly underatted. best shoot em up on the ps. again, buy if you see.

that's about it i think :)

Asimulant
16th April 2002, 09:33 PM
1. Halo (Xbox)
2. WipEout 3: SE (PSX) (I haven't played it for months because my Xbox is hooked up -- must...buy...SCART splitter...)
3. Worms Amageddon (PC - online)
4. Dead or Alive 3 (Xbox)
5. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (PSX)

FoxZero
17th April 2002, 12:15 AM
my most commonly played favorites..

descent 2 / 1 (pc) multiplayer
tribes (pc) multiplayer
wipeout / 3 / xl / 64 (psx / pc / n64) single races
tetris (game boy / pc / arcade) multiplayer and single player
halo (xbox) multiplayer and single player
sonic the hedgehog 2 / 3 (genesis) single player
need for speed 4 : high stakes (pc) single races
motorhead (pc) multiplayer
sega rally (pc / arcade) single races

there are other games i enjoy such as worms, unreal tournament, and aliens vs predator but they dont get played as often as these.

Nick Burcombe
17th April 2002, 10:41 AM
In no partiuclar order.....

Elite (BBC B)
Street Fighter 2 Turbio (SNES)
Tetris (GBC)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (XBOX)
Super Mario Kart (SNES)
Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64)
Scrabble (www.playsite.com)
Mr Do. (Arcade)
GT3 (PS2)

infoxicated
17th April 2002, 10:52 AM
I forgot about Mr Do!

That was one of my favourites - I had a rip off of it on the Amiga, called Bob's Garden and it was sensational - I got to level 133 one night during a two player game - my mate died on level 30 or something and got bored and went home! heh! The score was ridiculous - definately one of my finest hours on an arcade game... literally!

Hmmm... wonder if there a version available on the net somewhere....

Nick Burcombe
17th April 2002, 11:11 AM
There is a perfect version on MAME. What a game.
It's was just awesome that there were so many different ways to finish each level.
Get the cherries, kill the normal baddies, spell EXTRA, kill the apple munching baddies and then the normals, kill the Monster that spawned the apple munching baddies, get the letter for the EXTRA and watch the subsequent apples crush the normal baddies,
kill'em with a snowball, crush all of them in a combo with the apples, fantastic.....for it's year, it was well ahead of the game. I've not played it in aged, but if all these things combine properly and some diggers dig under apples and kill themselves, the level could sometimes be over in a really short time and you know nothing about it :) Awesome.
For anyone who has played this game. It is a lesson in simplicity but depth (for it's time)

Love it. I was never THAT good though. Level 133! Foxx, you're a die hard.

N

Dr Greyhound
17th April 2002, 11:50 AM
Hello all, this is my first post because WIPeOUTfusion message board hasn't been working on my computer for about 2 weeks now. Anyway, top games are; wipeout fusion, GTA3, Res. Evil code veronica X and MGS2. sadly these are the only games ive played on PS2 (except the absolutely awful Gran Turismo 3).

infoxicated
17th April 2002, 12:02 PM
Wahey! At last - someone else who thinks GT3 is awful... welcome! :D ;)

Mator
17th April 2002, 12:14 PM
1:Unreal Tournament(psx hehe,),Wipeout 1&2&3 ,Worms Armageddon
2:DEUS EX(I sat on the pc in 8.30~9.00pm and stand up about 6.00am)
3:MDK&MDK2(pc) &Abe's series(pc)
4:THE furry of THE furries(pc)(very old ,very nice game made by calisto)
5:GTA2(pc) (IwontGTA3forPC!!!)
6:ODIUM(pc)(gorky17)(Too damn short!)
7:Sonic the hedgehog 2&3&4&3d
8:red asphalt for psx(its very similar to the Wipeouts ,but I saw it before Wo2097, thats probably why I liked it)
and many moore ...

zaarock
17th April 2002, 12:43 PM
woops i forgot WO3

1.wipeoutfusion :D
2.klonoa2 :wink:
3.wipeout3 8)
4.ssx tricky :P
5.x-men mutant academy2 :) [/list]

Piranha Advancements
19th April 2002, 04:33 AM
Whoa.Two guys here loves Sensi soccer.That was like the coolest game to come out in 92'.I thought Sega Power was retarded for loving the game,bought it,loved it.

FutureCopLAPD was awesome as well.I'm pretty sure you loved and played all the Strike series..

I agree on the Tekken 2 remark.Still very awesome to play again.The ending theme was great and I remembered there was a rumor to unlock something after using Kazuya 1000 times.i know it's a dud but hey,sure is fun doing the so-called process.

jmoid
20th April 2002, 12:10 PM
Whoa.Two guys here loves Sensi soccer.That was like the coolest game to come out in 92'.I thought Sega Power was retarded for loving the game,bought it,loved it.

FutureCopLAPD was awesome as well.I'm pretty sure you loved and played all the Strike series..

I agree on the Tekken 2 remark.Still very awesome to play again.The ending theme was great and I remembered there was a rumor to unlock something after using Kazuya 1000 times.i know it's a dud but hey,sure is fun doing the so-called process.
yeah i remember there was something like that about tekken 3 as well, if you played it a certain amount of times you were supposed to get jun and kazuya as playable characters - again, it was fun trying!

good to find a fellow futurecop fan. i don't know the strike series, could you tell me a bit aout them, i'm on the lookout for some new games :)

Piranha Advancements
20th April 2002, 06:11 PM
The Strike series are Desert Strike,Jungle Strike,Urban Strike,Soviet Strike and Nuclear Strike.I'm sure you've heard of these games before.

EA wanted to make another Strike game and wanted a futuristic setting but the rehashed stop-the-terrorist formula in all the series were getting too redundant(not for me! The strategy aspect and funness in managing fuel and ammo and whatever) but feeling it went way out of the Strike "cannon",it came out as a game on it's own called Future CopLAPD. Has the same familiar controls,quite easy but hey,it was fun.

jmoid
23rd April 2002, 02:41 PM
ah, desert strike, yeah i know those, never played em though, maybe it's about time i did, a bit of retorgaming never hurt anyone. i'm loving dropship at the moment.

darkdragon
29th April 2002, 11:33 PM
1. Wip3out
2. MGS2: SoL
3. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Std. Edition
4. Ace Combat 04: SS
5. Frequency
6. Midnight Club
7. Virtua Fighter 4
8. Grand Theft Auto 3
9. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec
10. Infantry (http://infantry.station.sony.com/) (great multiplayer game)
BTW, my Infantry alias is scissors61.

Armoredgear7
3rd June 2002, 10:59 PM
The games list:

-Armored Core Series (all 5 games - soon to be 6 - I want AC3!)
-WipEout 3 (the only one I own, sadly. hope to get Fusion)
-GTA3
-Einhander / R-Type Delta / Raystorm / Gradius (gotta love those sidescroller shooters!)
-Front Mission Series
-Deus Ex
-Ridge Racer V (yeah, im pretty alone in that viewpoint)
-Final Fantasy 6,7 & Tactics

Pretty much in the order of how much I play them. :)
If you havent noticed yet, I love mecha...

PS. i have the entire Gundam Wing series on DVD :D

Asche XL
3rd June 2002, 11:10 PM
I HAVENT PLAYED FUSION YET! ahhhh *waits til it comes out in US*

-Rez
-wipeout xl
-wipeout 3
-capcom vs snk 2
-tony hawk pro skater 3
-gta3
-counter-strike

those are all i can think of off my head

Lance
4th June 2002, 12:27 AM
aLL of gundam wing?! good for you! i wish i had those.

Armoredgear7
4th June 2002, 02:06 AM
Well, Lance.
If i have time this summer (which i undoubtedly will) i might rip them & put them on IRC or something; gotta ask my friend (the master pirate) what I need to do it. I got a second hard disk put in my computer the other day, so ive now got an extra 48GB to play with... think that'll hold 11 dvds? (10 for the series + Endless Waltz: special edition)

On a side note, i also happen to have the entire line of 4" action figures - one of every gundam and like 10 Leos. Curse that bandai, they never made anything but Leos for OZ :cry:

Nathan Adams
4th June 2002, 10:10 AM
games im playing at the moment:

wip3out:se (psone)
DDR Max 2 (arcade)
Mr Driller 2 (gbadvance)
street fighter alpha 3 (psone)
tekken advance (gbadvance)
mario64 (n64)

Lance
4th June 2002, 07:16 PM
nuh-uh, we can't promote any of that hOrrible piracy here. we must leave that sort of 'robbery' to the official distributors.

zaarock
12th August 2002, 02:49 PM
game update:

1wipeout fusion
2 ssxtricky
3 wipeout3
4 worms armageddon
5 escape velocity nova

Re-Cyph
26th August 2002, 05:13 PM
Here the list sorry bout lenght... :evil:

(Racing)
1. Wipeout 3 (psx)
2. Gran Turrismo (psx)
3. Top Gear 2 (snes)
4. Daytona USA (Arcade)
5. Bump and Jump (Intelevision)

(Fighting)
1. Teken 3 (psx)
2. Moral Kombat 3 (psx)
3. Killer Instinct Gold (n64)
4. Virtua Fighter (Arcade)
5. Street Fighter 3 Alpha (psx)

(RPG)
1. Chrono Trigger (snes)
2. Parasite Eve (psx)
3. Mario RPG (snes)
4. Final Fantasy (s) (all)
5. Chrono Cross (shitty sequel storey Wise!!!) (psx)

(action,adventure + misc)
1. Metal Warriors (snes)
2. Dr Mario (nes)
3. Tony Hawk series (all)
4. Guerilla War (nes + arcade)
5. Seek and Destroy (pc)
6. Aces over Europe (pc)
7. Counter Strike (pc)
8. Hot Shots Golf (psx)
9. Comanche v? (pc)
10. NHL PA games (all)