PDA

View Full Version : New COKE is live!!!

bakeded
13th October 2005, 07:59 AM
All I can say is OH MY GOD! 8O
No NEW ship here but... new livery for all! :lol:
Warning: you thought you hated the previous coke downloads...

element42
13th October 2005, 08:11 AM
coke livery (http://cokestyle.net/game/item.html)
oh my god, what have they done! :x
there is something seriously wrong here.
although... the front of the piranha is pretty cool

skipper
13th October 2005, 08:51 AM
They have a right cheek thinking they can replace the various teams livery with their own...
...but at least they have made some effort with their designs, rather than just slapping on the red and white. Some of them actually look quite good (putting aside any anti international corporation feelings).
I will be interested to know how you choose this livery (if you have a choice).

Sausehuhn
13th October 2005, 09:26 AM
sh-sh-shocked

how much money did Coca Cola spend in these packs?!

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 10:20 AM
Whoa, are you guys saying that ALL team liveries have been replaced with coke branded colors?

If that is so then it shall be cleansed with fire

lunar
13th October 2005, 11:21 AM
Well at least they didn`t rename them Coke 1, Coke 2 etc.They probably thought that would have been a bit over the top. 8O I`ve got no intention of ever playing the JP version, but I would like to know whether these monstrosities are selectable in game, or whether you have to use them once you dl the pack. Also, do the AI ships start popping up in their new coke livery? I guess it doesn`t matter though, as you`re not missing anything except an exercise in corporate onanism by not downloading this.

Lance
13th October 2005, 12:29 PM
LOL
ah, that lunar. :)

Coca strokin'
ew

Shem
13th October 2005, 12:33 PM
8O

nice going Coca-Cola.....nice going...... :clap

:blarg

eLhabib
13th October 2005, 12:34 PM
this is just going to far. somebody please punch the guy to death who had that idea, I'm serious. The one who has befreckled my loved Assegai with ugly red corporate livery shall not live to tell about it :evil:

I will go wash my eyeballs now.

bakeded
13th October 2005, 12:36 PM
don't forget the other balls... :lol:

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 12:57 PM
*looks at his precious Piranha made unclean by the vandalizing spray paint job of the new coke branding*

*screams and curls into a ball on the ground*

*slowly gets back up, trembling with rage*

*pours gasoline on his precious love*

Don't worry, baby... this will only hurt a moment... it's going to hurt me a LOT more than you...

*tosses match and sobs as the cleansing fire cracks and peels the now bubbling paint that sloughs off the metal hull like a snake's molten skin*

*flames go out, leaving the charred and barren surface ready to be painted anew*

I'm sorry, baby, I'M SO SORRY.

Fascia
13th October 2005, 03:30 PM
My god...

If these didn't replace the default 2 skins, or appear randomly, it would be a welcome addition, otherwise, no.

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 03:36 PM
These download packs should be something fun, interesting, give us something to be excited and enchanted about...

... NOT make us go through the shock, disbelief, denial, fear, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance cycle of grief.

Sausehuhn
13th October 2005, 03:38 PM
do they actually "overwrite" the original liverymode?

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 03:40 PM
Yes. YES IT DOES.

Start a race without using the additional liveries (such as my new profile that hasn't reached 70 golds yet) and you get EIGHT RED AND WHITE SHIPS. All of them splashed with coke logos all over. As if some corporate vandals had broken into ship hangars overnight and had a field day with their spraycans.

Sausehuhn
13th October 2005, 03:51 PM
hahaha - loooool

That's funny.

So it overwrites the normal paintjob but still features the livery mode? so or so - even when I just use the livery mode - I would never download this pack. It just brings a few flying Coca Cola bottles to the track, and these ones aren't really special, so why downloading?
I can better save the space on my mem stick for something different.

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 04:26 PM
They leave the livery mode inaffected, but still... I LIKE the original paintjob of the Piranha - and for that matter, of ALL the ships. ANYTHING is better than that coke-branded monstrosity.

Jittery-Joe
13th October 2005, 04:31 PM
8O Dear God! Looks like sony's been bribed again...

Seek100
13th October 2005, 04:34 PM
The best way folks, is to just stop downloading. Well actually the best way to dissuade companies is corporate vandalilsm, like say firebombing Coca-Cola factories and offices, but very few people are willing to contemplate such a thing. You could also stop buying Coca-Cola (those of us that currently do drink it).

If I meet the person at Coca-Cola who came up with this I will nueter you, yes you know who you are, and I'm not joking. Fortunately I don't have the Japanese version so I don't actually have to put up with that cazzu, but still, there's a feeling of fraternity with my Japanese owning fellow wipErs.

I'd be verry interested to hear the thoughts of the SL employees on this one - Colin, Egg, how do you guys view this heresy/abomination?

Zebula77
13th October 2005, 04:39 PM
Yikes! That looks absolutely dreadful, hehe. 8O

Purist
13th October 2005, 04:49 PM
Anyone know where to get the current password?

Pass04 is showing as triangle, circle, cross, square but when I enter the download page it just doesn't show up? :twisted: only showing the an older skin

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 05:16 PM
If you have any hope of preserving your sanity, dude, you'll stay away from those coke downloads. They're NOT WORTH IT.

Jittery-Joe
13th October 2005, 05:21 PM
The question is, will it permenantly replace the ordinary team liveries, or will it be accessed through livery mode?
why I should care, as I have a Euro version...

But still, WHY! WHY DID YOU CRAP UPON MY FAITHFUL PRIANHA...
*goes into spasms*

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 05:39 PM
It totally replaces the basic team colorings - so if you haven't unlocked livery mode to reclaim SOME semblant of normality, you're STUCK seeing this aberrant eyesore!

Jittery-Joe
13th October 2005, 05:41 PM
*speechless*

Who the hell let them do that? And they expect people to download this abomination...?

lunar
13th October 2005, 05:46 PM
I dont think there`s any way it can permanently replace the orginal skins - if you delete the pack you should be back to normal. Or is this not so? If they had found a way round this they would have seriously crossed the line and be into give me some of my money back territory, as far as I`m concerned.

Seek is right: the more people that download the more it will encourage them to think this was a good idea. If I was in possession of one of these packs I would email it back to them, saying "you can have this back, thanks, but it`s crap." Only a symbolic gesture obviously, though.

Well at least it seems to be an optional "extra", but it`s a taste of things to come, I fear. The moment I start getting more unavoidable sponsorship than I can put up with, in a paid for game, I shall start asking for some of my money back - after all if they`ve funded game development through selling parts of it (such as selling the original ships to Puma in europe), I shouldn`t have to pay as much for it in the shop. It hasn`t got quite that bad yet, though. IMO the Puma sponsorship is much more dangerous, as it`s much more invasive of the original game and you can`t avoid it if you want the whole game. With Sony having pulled off the Puma stunt succesfully, game publishers will have taken notice, and there`s a danger that in the future less and less of the game will be included in the cover price before content starts to be "brought to you by (insert a corporate name of your own choice here)"

*rant off*

Purist
13th October 2005, 05:46 PM
Drakkenmensch
No worries, eventually got hold of em' as usual the download wern't that straightforward! - they're not TOO BAD imo that is! :roll:

Jittery-Joe
Rest easy, they can be turned off as per the usual method, so you can keep the download on your duo without having to use the Coke skins all the time.

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 05:49 PM
I knows what a soulless corporate drone whose heart is dead to beauty thinks in these situations? Their minds are certainly geared toward a coke bias, so it's unthinkable to them that we would even consider not splashing ourselves with their soul-killing filth.

Jittery-Joe
13th October 2005, 05:55 PM
Purist
That's not the point, it's the principle at stake. None of us would want pure to decend even lower than fusion, now, would we?

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 05:58 PM
Purist: How can they be turned off, and what is "the usual method"? I assumed you meant "remove them from your memory stick" at first, but you suggest that you can still keep the downloads... so I'm intrigued. :)

Purist
13th October 2005, 06:00 PM
Drakkenmensch

True but at least we're given the option of turning em' off :) I ain't even played Fusion and from what I've read here... never gonna either!

Oh and with regards to turning em' off... just go left/right on the d-pad! :wink: (well it worked for me)

lunar
13th October 2005, 06:05 PM
You are absolutely right, Drak. At some point someone must have leaned back away from the computer and said "we`ve done a lovely job there. Look how big our logo is." They really think everyone is just desperate to enjoy their *insert brand name* experience. They just don`t get it and never will - which is why advertising in games is never going to be a really good idea. At the end of the day it`s just a way for them to get a piece of the games biz action and make more money. There`s only going to one winner - and it won`t be the gamer who`s done pretty well so far with with the old system of just exchanging money for games. Good games sell, crap games die. It`s worked in the past and should work in the future too.

Space Cowboy
13th October 2005, 06:26 PM
this is just going to far. somebody please punch the guy to death who had that idea, I'm serious. The one who has befreckled my loved Assegai with ugly red corporate livery shall not live to tell about it :evil:

I will go wash my eyeballs now.

Nevermind washing your eyeballs, I gouged mine out with a fork when I saw them!

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 06:43 PM
It's no use. My icepick will never be able to gouge my mind's eye...

Purist: that's just turning livery mode on! What if you DON'T have livery mode unlocked, as my current profile which I just started to do as Piranha only?

Seek100
13th October 2005, 06:53 PM
Or what if you don't want to always fly in livery mode, say you want to use the original liveries for the 8 default teams? Or say you want to fly as one of the d/l teams where you can't turn on livery mode because they only have one livery?

Purist
13th October 2005, 06:58 PM
C'mon, are they THAT bad? granted, I'm non too keen myself but they're FREE and you don't HAVE to download em'... makes us completists happy though!

Drakkenmensch
13th October 2005, 07:00 PM
I happen to like the default colors of the original eight. I don't want to lose them to something that looks like a street tagger's work.

Purist
13th October 2005, 07:02 PM
Mods, can we blend/merge the two Coke threads together? I think theres about 3 or 4 of these :roll:

Seek100
13th October 2005, 07:27 PM
There's 2 threads, one was an anoucement that there would be a new Coke pack and the other is the anouncement of the release of said pack, in the past there has been sufficient gap between the anouncement and release that the anouncement thread would drop before the actual content release thus requiring a second thread be made.

Also they ARE that bad, and even though they're not forced onto the consumer it's the principle of the matter. This time they're not forced onto you, but people download the content because they go 'oh it's not that bad' and this will prompt the next company to do something that you CANNOT avoid, like Puma did with the Puma branded Delta pack for Euro. We are at the top of a very slippery slope, and the companies are circling in the commercial waters below like besuited sharks.

Lance
13th October 2005, 10:37 PM
Purist, as far as i know, threads cannot be merged with the present forum software. the next version of the WZ site may include a completely new software for the forums, but if it does, it may or may not allow merging. i sure hope it does.

bakeded
27th October 2005, 08:41 AM
New coke ship is up... and it's ugly as hell!!! 8O 8O 8O
It's called "coke style"
speed = 2
shield = 4
handling = 3
thrust = 3
(it's the one that is bottle shaped) 8O 8O 8O
if ever there was a worthy target...

Hellfire_WZ
27th October 2005, 09:22 AM
*barf*

My god, I didn't think they could sink even further...

Drakkenmensch
27th October 2005, 09:32 AM
*snickers*

Wow... it's a RED DILDO, isn't it? Where do the batteries go in that thing? :lol:

Rapier Racer
27th October 2005, 09:36 AM
lol Drak, I thought this was a family forum :wink:

Hmm Assegai in red with a coke logo on it you say..... :evil: makes you really want to find the Sony person who allowed this and beat them over the head with an iron bar

Drakkenmensch
27th October 2005, 09:45 AM
If anyone lives in Japan (or close), I'll gladly lend them my whacking shovel for the job (the same shovel I would use to shut up those damn Yu-Gi-Oh characters when they explain for the zillionth time what 'Sword of Revealing Lights' does, or that having no monsters means my life points are vulnerable)

EDIT: For those who don't know what we're talking about...

Click here at your own risk! (http://cokestyle.net/game/item05.html)

Sumimasen
27th October 2005, 11:14 AM
Ahhhh HAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAA HA HA HAAAAA * sniff *

* Sound of laughter slowly turning to uncontrollable sobbing *

Boo Hoo... WAAAAAAAAAAA!!! * sniff *

EDIT: * sniff * * sniff * WAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

Lance
27th October 2005, 11:55 AM
greed and grotesquery are almost inevitable bedfellows

Mobius
27th October 2005, 01:27 PM
ROFLCOPTER!!!!!

Thats nuts... i like it....erm...look over there!

*runs while the rest look on in confusion*

bakkufu
27th October 2005, 02:04 PM
I am officially boycotting Coca Cola and switching to Pepsi over this shocking vandalism of the teams ships!!!

Drakkenmensch
27th October 2005, 03:03 PM
So... is there anyone left on this forum who has seen the coke track, the coke liveries AND the AG flying dildo (aka coke ship) and STILL thinks it's "not so bad because it's free" anymore?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

bakkufu
27th October 2005, 03:06 PM
*tumbleweed rolls past as silence fills the air*

richchestmat
27th October 2005, 03:27 PM
Oh come on this new one is pretty funny. All it does is add something to shoot. At least it doesn't replace an existing craft or skins like the last deleted pack did.

lunar
27th October 2005, 03:42 PM
I haven`t been able to get cokestyle.net to load on any browser today. Anyone else had this "problem"? It could be a mercy though, I suppose. 8)

eLhabib
27th October 2005, 03:52 PM
well, you might be missing out on a lot of angered screaming, cursing the so-called 'designer' of this crap, and afterwards running to the next supermarket, waiting for the coke delivery guy, and beating the poor guy to pulp with a 2litre coke bottle.

and, no, I would never ever do that, but I certainly feel like it!

Mobius
27th October 2005, 04:50 PM
This is gonna sound really daft but for some reason i like it... I cant figure out why. i hate the rest of the coka packs but this one made me laugh. I think it is more novel than anything.

I bet i know who the poor person who had to design the ship was, Egg? But with a poor brief to follow, i think it is a good job :)

eLhabib
27th October 2005, 05:33 PM
If it really WAS Egg who designed these ships, I am sure he had a GUN to his head.

Drakkenmensch
27th October 2005, 05:45 PM
Either that, or he was still reeling half-conscious from the severe beating he received from the Coke goon squad.

stin
27th October 2005, 08:42 PM
Is Egg drunk too much Coke?!! then end up a "Coke Ship"!!!!!!

stin :roll:

richchestmat
27th October 2005, 08:50 PM
Once again: It's just funny.

Seeing a coke bottle in about 20 polygons line up next ot you on the grid just waiting for a rocket makes me laugh. Only thing is that it's such a tank you'll overtake it in seconds. Makes me want the eliminator mode again.

Lance
27th October 2005, 08:58 PM
i think all the non-standard ship designs [and of course, liveries] are done by people working specifically for the advertisers, but not by Studio Liverpool. i hope at least that they are not subjected to that torture.

damn, the new Coca-Cola ship is ugly.

Drak: damn fine movie reference. one of my faves

Drakkenmensch
27th October 2005, 09:04 PM
Did I really reference a movie here? :D I didn't even realize that I was! Which movie is it?

Lance
27th October 2005, 09:16 PM
your second post back from my reply [and now your third post back. damn, you post a lot. ;) ]: ''Bueller? Anyone?''

Drakkenmensch
27th October 2005, 09:25 PM
Oh, right! I thought that you were referring to the "goon squad" remark :D

Yeah, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" was pretty awesome!

*feels the Thread Hijacking Monster breathing down on the back of his neck*

Err... coke downloads suck!

*sound of running away and door slamming*
*sound of car screeching away*
*sound of airplane taking off in a hurry*

lunar
27th October 2005, 10:10 PM
*ducks then hurls himself to the ground as 747 roars overhead at incredibly low altitude with mad grinning Canadian at the controls looking for the plasma bolt button*

Am I the only one who can`t see this alleged atrocity? I can`t get onto cokestyle from any browser on any computer on my network, though I managed it before. It is just www(dot)cokestyle(dot)net, right? All I ever get is "operation timed out" or the IE can`t find page message, whatever that says exactly.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Perhaps I`ve been blacklisted by coke`s internet enforcer squad for saying nasty things about them, though I`m hardly the only one. God that would make my day but it`s just a daydream :wink:

I want to see this thing, though without the Japanese version I`ll never get to kill it. Like Mobius I`m starting to see the funny side of all this. Having Puma ships in Euro has added a perverse entertainment to the game on my second time through - killing them is so much fun. Last night I was doing Flash descension and managed to kill Puma 1 twice, on Sebenco Peak and Sinucit, and destroyed Puma 2 on citta nuova with a plasma in the corkscrew.... lovely. Having removed Puma 1 from the podium, my PSP crashed after race 11, 1 race to go, so I will have to do it all again. My PSP never crashes in the middle of a tournament. Now I think I`m starting to get paranoid.

Drakkenmensch
27th October 2005, 10:30 PM
Oddly enough, I've had no trouble whatsoever accessing cokestyle.net all day.

But anyway, for those of you who still haven't seen today's latest installment in corporate sponsored horror, here's an alternate link:

Click me if you dare (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/GallagherKnight/item_img_05-1.gif)

lunar
27th October 2005, 10:47 PM
I clicked it.....

:lol:

Honestly that is just feckin hilarious and completely insane. I was laughing so much it took at least a minute for the word "sellout" to drift across my mind. Thx Drak. :lol:

rageagainstgeorge
28th October 2005, 11:09 AM
*Puts on my running shoes*

The Puma ships weren't so bad. The Qirex looky-likey actually has a cool colour scheme. Not to mention the memories it brings back!

*Runs off as fast I possibly can*

Fascia
28th October 2005, 11:21 AM
It looks like thunderbird 3....

Deluxe
28th October 2005, 12:30 PM
I still standby the notion that no-ones forcing you to download it. If you don't like it dont download it . :lol:

Drakkenmensch
28th October 2005, 12:57 PM
And I stand by my opinion that a free drumcan of radioactive toxic waste is still a drumcan of radioactive toxic waste. It may be your choice to order one or not, but it doesn't change in the least the quality of what you're deciding to order or not.

Daylight
28th October 2005, 01:06 PM
*snickers*

Wow... it's a RED DILDO, isn't it? Where do the batteries go in that thing? :lol:

It looks more like a buttplug than a dildo :lol:

Drakkenmensch
28th October 2005, 01:10 PM
True, true! But we're still in the general category of adult entertainment insertables, here :twisted:

Distrupto
28th October 2005, 01:56 PM
Hi ppl, im back, and can get Korean WOP in December. But 4 now, im actually glad that I cant download and that i dont have the JAP version of WOP. I just saw that RIDICULOUS new coke ship.

:Gulp:

HWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAAA! :lol: :lol: 8O

First they captured Al-Vaskei.

The 8 original teams were next to go down into Coke-land. :(

Now they have brought bottles of Coke on the grid.

Only Tigron, Van-Uber, G-45 and Icaras r still safe. Lets hope the Cokes dont get THEM. :x

Jittery-Joe
29th October 2005, 03:41 PM
Oddly enough, I've had no trouble whatsoever accessing cokestyle.net all day.

But anyway, for those of you who still haven't seen today's latest installment in corporate sponsored horror, here's an alternate link:

Click me if you dare (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/GallagherKnight/item_img_05-1.gif)*vomit's blood in horror*
WHAT THE HELL????????

Drakkenmensch
29th October 2005, 03:48 PM
Clean-up on aisle four!

Projectile vomitting blood can only mean on thing - you clicked on that link and saw the abomination that is the coke ship, didn't you? :)

Distrupto
29th October 2005, 04:52 PM
Hmm.. it seems that, since no one knows the secret material used to make Triakis' almost invincible shields, the Coke "goons" have put the most powerful "normal" shields they could find into the new dildo to make it do its evil job as long as possible. There previous plans were thwarted wen the less-shielded, older ship became a target and got destroyed, forcing the Vasky team to switch its sonsership to Puma in order to survive. The new Coke ship slightly increases the difficulty level of the "destroy the Coke challenge" but the reward is seeing a 2-ltr bottle of Coke blow into smitherines. :twisted:

Mobius
29th October 2005, 05:47 PM
So, coke contains C4 then...

*spits it out of mouth over hard-drive, therfore exploding...* 8O

Jittery-Joe
31st October 2005, 11:39 AM
Clean-up on aisle four!

Projectile vomitting blood can only mean on thing - you clicked on that link and saw the abomination that is the coke ship, didn't you? :)
Yes, and I wish I hadn't. Someone'll pay for this... :evil:

username
31st October 2005, 12:33 PM
i have seen one of the coke ships- bloody discusting!!! the most that should be allowed is coke advertisements on the side of the track occasionally, not impressed. :turd

Distrupto
31st October 2005, 02:46 PM
Which one did u see? The first Coke ship or the flat-nosed lawndart? The first ship isnt so bad but the second... :blarg