PDA

View Full Version : The day my nub died

Asayyeah
12th October 2005, 12:21 AM
Yes that's what happend to me during a staten Park time trial's session

I really really hope that my retailer could do something for me and the guarantee will work as well.

At least 1 month till i 'll be able to play it again. I can also burn a candle that PSP2TV will work fine 'cause i ll bought it for sure.

That situation pissed me off a lot

Drakkenmensch
12th October 2005, 12:30 AM
*lights a tiny candle in the dark and silently mourns for the passing of a proud warrior*

mclarensmps
12th October 2005, 12:39 AM
ahh man that really sucks. This kind of failure will most certainly be sorted out by Sony warranty though. It's not like the failure i had, I bought my first (yes first) PSP on the night of launch and a week later, the screen cracked from inside when i turned it on. I had no overheating problems or such so i dont know how it happened. And nobody was willing to take it back because they said it broke from negligence... I ended up having to get another.

Anyways, i hope you have better luck than me in sorting it out. Spend this time closing your eyes 5 minutes every night and imagining yourself riding around your favorite craft at your favorite circuit. VISUALIZE and you will soon realise that you will not have forgotten much when you get the thing back :P!

lunar
12th October 2005, 03:24 AM
That`s a real nightmare, Arnaud. I`m sorry for you.

I worry like hell about breaking my nub through over-vigorous use (steady there), and I`m sure one day it`ll just wear out if I don`t break it first, at which time, with an import PSP, I could be stuffed. When you`re hammering round Odessa Keys or Porto Kora barrel-rolling every couple of seconds it seems like it would be easy to break it. Maybe PSP repair shops will spring up though, eventually. Or maybe, when it breaks, I`ll be able to persuade my dear lady that to convert it for PSP2TV and get another PSP for on the road playing would be a responsible use of family funds. Maybe.....

anyway Arnaud I hope you get it back, shiny and like new, soon enough.

Mano
12th October 2005, 03:46 AM
Thats bad news, i hope they get it fixed my friend.

Btw. shows you are too fast even for the hardware ;) , when you react as fast as you do, the little plastic thing probably isnt able to resist the stress, like i said hope the guarantee helps and they get it fixed, but you probably should consider making a custom piece made out of steel or a lighter metal, i have a friend that has some custom made pieces out of plastic gears for example.

there should be a service in LeHavre where you can take the nub and they can make a mold to cast a metal piece;. dont know how much it costs though, Hand craft is very expensive in other parts of the world, in Peru its the other way around.

If you go that route ask them to smooth the edges from the cast, so it doesnt damage the other parts around the nub.

All this of course would void the warranty... maybe the nub in your PSP was flawed, but if this happens again you know its the desing that cant keep up with your reactions; if thats the case then your only chance is going the custom route (and in some cases i do recommend it, its fun, and you can change more things in the nub to your liking if you go this way :D)

Shem
12th October 2005, 06:41 AM
What's wrong with this world?? Arnaud, i think you should suggest the ppl who will be fixing your PSP (tho I hope you get a brand new instead) to replace the nub with a new, titanium nub, with Pirelli rubber over it. This should do the trick. All in all, don't you think that the best wipers deserve something more than 'stock' PSP's ? :wink:

PS. I hope that at least got rid of the headache, eventhough these situations can end up with a stroke :wink:

Drakkenmensch
12th October 2005, 08:57 AM
*imagines the Six Million Dollar Man operating room sequence set in a Sony repair shop instead*

"We can rebuild him... we have the technology... we can make him better... stronger... faster!"

element42
12th October 2005, 12:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss! Just out of interest, Arnaud, how many negcons have you got through in your wipeout career?

BaldyCurly
12th October 2005, 12:16 PM
No way Asayyeah, sorry to hear this matey :cry:

Hope you can get it sorted asap!

You mention PSP2TV, do you know anywhere that sells/plans to sell these yet?

I was only talking about this possible problem last night with a mate of mine. I have caned at least 4 PS2 Controllers in the last 4 years, with a PS2 it's easy, just plug a new one in, not so easy with the PSP.

This must be a servicable part, hopfully someone can help you out.

Cheers, Chris

Asayyeah
12th October 2005, 12:48 PM
Thx mates for support.

The night was really long thinking about that. But this morning i phoned my retailer ' score games ' they told me it wouldn't be a problem for the guarantee : they need to send my psp to Japan for repairing it and then i ll get it back in the next 3 weeks.
What a pity if my purchase was under 1 month , they could have been replace it immediately by a new one. ( mine : 1 month + 11 days :evil: )
I hope they won't charge me with extra costs...

PSP2TV will be released around the 20th of october , i will wait a bit but i am quite sure to buy one even tho i need to open the back of my psp and lost my guarantee.

Mano your solution maybe good but in Le Havre noones i know can make a mold to cast a metal piece or it will cost me the prize of a brand new psp i presume

Mo : I caned 5 Negcon in 8 years & half, actually i have a brand white new one and a second i am actually playing. ( without counting the 3 black i purchased for me + 2 friends) i never received ( 180 euros lost in march ) )

I am going to wait a little bit it seems , during this 'lack of psp' i am going to spend times maybe with SE and doing videos like mines from 2097. something to change my mood...

ps : Chris you ll have at least 3 weeks in front of you to 'chase ' off after my zone records... good luck

BaldyCurly
12th October 2005, 01:07 PM
ps : Chris you ll have at least 3 weeks in front of you to 'chase ' off after my zone records... good luck

I WILL need the luck, but I love a challange, it's all good gaming fun after all.

I am gonna have my first 50+ tonight, Game on my freind!

stin
12th October 2005, 01:18 PM
(speaking in french)*Nah!, nah! you`re mistaken mister Arnauld this PSP would take a YEAR to repair then you will have your PSP back then and it is under guarranteed!, ok Monsier?*

stevie :lol:

Asayyeah
12th October 2005, 01:29 PM
Be careful Stevie i could pick up a flight by Ryan air and steal your brand new one in a second :P

btw hope your cold won't stop :twisted: ( typically french black humour :wink: )

Megatron42
12th October 2005, 07:21 PM
a new, titanium nub, with Pirelli rubber over it. This should do the trick.
QFT. Sign me up! Where can I get my PSP fitted! :lol: