PDA

View Full Version : The Fan Pack

randomperson1
10th October 2005, 05:57 PM
Who's gonna do it!
We've got suggestions for the team elsewhere so now we can think of other things.
Tracks
Skins
Music
Suggestions please!

Sausehuhn
10th October 2005, 06:12 PM
eeerm.. we still don't have a name for the team.
and... what do you think?
That everbody says "heeere, I wanna design a track!" ???
Do you know how much work you just put into a ship design?! Now imagine how much you would put into a whole track. Or music!!
And then: what for?! I mean, drawings are ok, but music?! Who will make music just for a fan based pack that will never be released?!?!?

Hellfire_WZ
10th October 2005, 06:43 PM
I think beyond the craft (and possibly a WipeoutZone skin), we'd have to simply vote for favourite tracks and music from other games that didn't make it into the Classic packs.

randomperson1
10th October 2005, 08:39 PM
I think beyond the craft (and possibly a WipeoutZone skin), we'd have to simply vote for favourite tracks and music from other games that didn't make it into the Classic packs.

Yep. Classic 3 sounds good to me. We know it will be hard work, but we can do it.

Vote Florion Heights!

Seek100
10th October 2005, 08:44 PM
Vote Korodera from wipEout 1!

Also vote Spilskinanke from 2097! - or the devs will come and steal your PSP (j/k)

Seriously neither track has ever been remade and both were awesome.

rageagainstgeorge
10th October 2005, 09:03 PM
It's got to be Talon's Reach for me. It is so much fun to race on Phantom. Either that or Gare d'Europa. Gotta love that last jump.

Also, a wipeoutzone skin would be awesome. And realistically not that much time or effort to make.

Sven
10th October 2005, 09:29 PM
Music
Xpander. That's all I need.

Also, Valpariso, Terminal, Terramax, P-Mar Project, Phenetia Park, Gare d'Eruopa, Arridos IV, Mega Mall, and a couple from Fusion, I forget what they're called, prioritized in that order, for tracks.

Sausehuhn
10th October 2005, 09:38 PM
ok, when we're talking about a Classic 03 Pack the whole thing looks different, because then it wouldn't be that what you call a Fan Pack, would it? So that's what I think.

But if it would be a classic 03 pack, take this:

Ships:
EG.r and Xios

Tracks:
Florion Height 3 and Mandrashee 2 reverse - both as "real" tracks, not tron-like

Music:
Xpander, Surrender, Papua New Guinea and of course Avenue (could be hard to get these ones, because they aren't in-house)

Skins:
EG.r and Xios

But, as I said before, a Fan based pack would look totally different in my eyes

Seek100
10th October 2005, 09:50 PM
Indeed this would be turning it more into a Classic3 pack - which would be very nice, but it wouldn't be a fan pack. I'm sure there are some talented type who could devise some original tracks amongst us lot here. I'm sure I've seen some people post artwork involving innovative track layouts, that would be more appropriate for any fan endeavour than just more classic tracks.

mclarensmps
10th October 2005, 11:21 PM
you guys are thinking way too small, i honestly believe if we put our heads together, we can come up with music as well as a track. Im willing to put work into both, and i know for sure that i am not the only one on this board who is able to and would like to create a number for the fan pack regardless of whether it is allowed for release or not. As for the track, alot of people on this board have the credentials to get something working for us, just as a proposal idea to have something that could work.

Sausehuhn
11th October 2005, 02:04 PM
Sooo, if we're making a Fan-Pack I definately would vote for a jungle track :D

xEik
11th October 2005, 02:27 PM
Do you mean a jungle venue or a jungle tune? ;)

:P

Drakkenmensch
11th October 2005, 02:54 PM
I say go for both - I could see a jungle racetrack a la 2097 Sagarmatha along with a techno-industrial music track set to a group of drums :D

Seek100
11th October 2005, 03:25 PM
Sagarmatha was on top of the Himalayas, not many jungles up there, Valparaiso was the track set in the Amazon I think it was, they tried it again in Fusion with Alca Vexus but it just didn't work, the silly aztec temple areas looked like something out of a cartoon, very lame. But a new track in the jungle would be cool as long as it didn't feature dumb crap like the temples and waterfalls of Alca Vexus.

Jungle is not Industrial in the slightest, BTW it's basically just a repeating breakbeat with minimal additional sounds layed on top, in wipEout terms Photek is the only thing that could be called jungle.

randomperson1
11th October 2005, 03:49 PM
OK, then. So maybe the contents should be more like this:

Tracks: 2 new tracks (one in jungle)
Music: 2 new tracks
Ship: Hurakan
Skins: Hurakan + Wipeoutzone

Agree?
Also, who's willing to help?

Omni Requiem
11th October 2005, 03:52 PM
@ Seek- I'm not too sure, I'd quite like a jump into a forest basin surrounded by waterfalls, that would be epic.
But I agree with the temples, not really good, it's ok in F-Zero but definitely not in WipEout.

Jittery-Joe
11th October 2005, 06:50 PM
Music
Xpander. That's all I need.

Also, Valpariso, Terminal, Terramax, P-Mar Project, Phenetia Park, Gare d'Eruopa, Arridos IV, Mega Mall, and a couple from Fusion, I forget what they're called, prioritized in that order, for tracks.
*Claps*
Agreed on all count's there, man

Hacker X
11th October 2005, 07:04 PM
Is this actually getting made or is this just speculation? Also, is this for all regions or what?

randomperson1
11th October 2005, 07:20 PM
We're hoping to make it. I we do, it will be for ALL regions.

Sausehuhn
11th October 2005, 07:36 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerm.
WHO has ever said that this pack has a chance to go into the game? Don't wanna destroy your illusion, but we didn't hear anything offical.

eLhabib
11th October 2005, 07:46 PM
actually, I think it's HIGHLY UNLIKELY. But hey, hope dies last, right?

-
'what are the chances of a woman like you, and a man like me,....you know...'
'I'd say about 1 to a billion.'
'AAAH, so you're telling me there IS a chance! YES! I KNEW IT!'
:D

mclarensmps
11th October 2005, 08:04 PM
I dont think this is a matter of release or no release, its more a matter of some enthusiasts getting together and throwing ideas around to make a proposal type of situation, which has any chance of being accepted or rejected. The fun is in coming up with the ideas and having something to present, anything else is a complete bonus which shouldnt even be considered criteria.

Lance
11th October 2005, 10:23 PM
very true
!!!

randomperson1
12th October 2005, 03:41 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to make a skin like gamesradar did

Choad
18th October 2005, 06:46 PM
any of you boyz heard of encryption/signing code?

im 100% sure the peeps at studio liverpool havent enabled the game to load any old pack...

oh, unless you rekon that they will compile your stuff in to a fan pack for you.... which is unlikely at best rly...

/pesimism

bakkufu
6th November 2005, 03:28 PM
well on the subject of skins, I found a great screenshot of the menu on gamesradar which I'll convert to a multi layer template if I can.

http://www.gamesradar.com/news/default.asp?siteid=60&sectiontypeid=2&subsectionid=1591&articleid=37435&pagetypeid=6&mediamode=free&imageid=91481

for all you paint shop pro users - here is a basic layered template for the menu skins

http://www.bakkufu.co.uk/linkedwork/template.psp