PDA

View Full Version : Best AG Craft

Xenith
13th April 2002, 01:39 PM
Ok im really new to this game, though i had 2097 a while back on the psx and i was wondering whats the best craft to use? at the moment im using the van uber....
so can anyone tell me a better ship to use?

zaarock
13th April 2002, 06:06 PM
piranha if you got it if you dont really start playing the ag leagues hard!
and get the super weapons from challenges
i completed the ag leagues like this i cant remember the names but here you go

1.g-tech
2.g-tech
3.auricom
4.auricom
5.egr
6.egr
7.egr
8.egr
9.xios
10.xios
and then if you want to upgrade all teams to the end go to custom league and all to mandarshee course3 (you have to complete the ag league first)and upgrade the ships when you are still in the ag leagues. and you get zone when you complete the ag leagues
and when you are 60% complete total you get time trial im stuck in 96% total

rhys
13th April 2002, 06:34 PM
xios is easily the best ship, easy and perfectly balanced! :D

Lance
13th April 2002, 06:54 PM
there is no ship which is the best for everything. it all depends on which circuit you're racing on, what type of race or challenge it is, and what your current skill level is. there is no simple answer to your question; try everything and you will find what works best for you at this particular phase of your experience with the game. it will also be more fun to do it this way than to simply take the word of someone else as to what works for them. eventually you will find that certain ships are best for certain events, but only when your skill level matches their performance characteristics.

in other words, try everything, have fun!
and welcome to the forums

Hellfire_WZ
13th April 2002, 07:10 PM
If you're just looking to race in easy-to-handle craft, FEISAR's your best bet until you get EG.r. Correct upgrades will overcome the top speed problem. Van Uber is very lacking in shields and G-Tech is quite difficult to handle. Auricom's even heavier. After EG.r, you can either go with Tigron if you want to barge craft around or you can wait until you get Xios. Then onto Piranha as usual. This is the course I took, you might prefer a different style, but that's my opinion. :wink:

Xenith
13th April 2002, 08:07 PM
thanks alot people, thats really helpfull.
but how do i get the pirahna ship? im doing the league mode at the moment, so if i keep doing that will it eventually unlock?

infoxicated
13th April 2002, 08:19 PM
You get the chance to unlock it at the end of the leagues - it's a bit of a slog and I felt a bit cheated when I did open it.

Reason?

Well, it's just so much faster than the rest that, by the time you are skilled enough to have beaten all the leagues, the Piranha's low shield energy isn't an issue and you can just flog everyone by using it.

Some of the best races I've had are with an EG.R or a G-Tech, solely because it's actually still a decent race. If you use the piranha you're taking away one of the two AI ships that make the game a challenge, so it makes the races a bit too easy.

I'd say the piranha is pretty much the best ship on every course, though - it handles pretty tightly and it shifts when it's on the straights, too. If you're just playing your own league (you get to do this once you have beaten the leagues) or are having a blast in arcade mode, then I reckon leaving the Piranha's to the AI is a good move.

Best of luck with the rest of the leagues :)

Confusion
18th April 2002, 05:56 PM
Piranha is easily the best ship for any race. With a skilled turbo start you can get to first place within the first couple of turns. Shielding is pretty decent too should you start getting blasted as you lap your opponents (which will usually happen on lap 3). The narrow shape of the ship means that you can squeeze through tight packs or scrape around corners that little bit easier too.

Though the super weapon seemingly causes no damage (It always seems to cause more damage to me), it's darn good for setting fast lap times.

As for the ships I used to complete the leagues?

1 - G-Tech (Naomi)
2 - G-Tech (Naomi)
3 - G-Tech (Sergio)
4 - Auricom (That bloke...)
5 - Auricom (That bloke again...)
6 - EG.r (I think)
7 - EG.r (Paul)
8 - EG.r (Paul)
9 - EG.r (Paul)
10 - Xios (Natasha)

Piranha Advancements
19th April 2002, 04:23 AM
Always 2 choices for me on all the games.Feisar to soak in the sights and Piranha(cept for AG-Syst on the original).