PDA

View Full Version : which is the track you hate more?

Tokai
5th October 2005, 09:08 PM
I really hate Citta Nova!! I'm playing now at rapier speed...I really can't win!! Expecially when I play a race...all ships are figthing a lot and destroy me too much time! Uhm...maybe I use only "zone" ship....but it's incredibly hard to menage that track!!Too much turns!
What about you? :)

eLhabib
5th October 2005, 09:15 PM
there have been various discussions about citta nuova already. please use the search function, it will take you right there.

Tokai
5th October 2005, 09:16 PM
thanks...I've not found it yet..sorry

Drakkenmensch
5th October 2005, 09:26 PM
it's actually CALLED "I really, really hate Citta Nuova"

http://wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2614

Lance
5th October 2005, 11:43 PM
but the title of thiS thread is ''which is the track you hate more?''. not necessarily restricted to the dreaded/loved [?] CN. which is why i'm leaving the thread open

Drakkenmensch
6th October 2005, 12:04 AM
Ah yes, that's true :) Personally, I enjoy the twisted corkscrew of Citta Nuova if only to serve as a reminder that Piranha can rule it even with 2 points in handling!

Seek100
6th October 2005, 01:02 AM
I had an absolute nightmare conquering that track at Rapier, but once I finally cracked it and got the gold single race (tt was easy), it seemed as though the AI just didn't try as hard to beat me when I replayed it in the Beta, Ascension and Descension tournaments. I still came third on Citta Nuova on the rapier Ascension (I flew into a billboard above the track in the twisty section on the final lap) but since every other race was a first place it mattered not.

On Phantom however Sebenco Climb has climbed to new heights (sigh) of annoyance, your ship has such a tendency to fly off the track on every straight, every slight dip will leave you airborne and thus with no power. Also Phantom has transformed the previously quite fun Karbonis into a nightmare of twisting track and collisions with walls. It took me a fair while to get the gold in sr (again tt is easy). I dread to think of revisiting Citta Nuova for the Phantom single race medal :evil::evil::evil:

Kara Descent Flash Time-Trial = an absolute frackin joke. Only I wasn't laughing. I was knawing my foot off in rage-induced insanity. Eventually I managed to come in at 0.03s under the time requirement and I will never, ever do that track on flash tt ever again. Incidentally I got the Rapier tt in one try, and came a fair amount under the time, which is illogical really but there you go.

Drakkenmensch
6th October 2005, 01:07 AM
It all depends on how much time you're given per turn by the designers of the track.

Vohl Square is an absolute joke. I did the time trials tonight - five races, five golds.

A walk in the (Staten) park ;)

infoxicated
6th October 2005, 07:33 AM
Has to be Shi...*ahem* Citta Nuova. 55% dull due to the boring long straights, 40% annoying due to the impractical speed pad placement, the chicanes and the weird placement of track furniture, and only 5% decent due to the V turn.

I wish the V turn had made it onto another track - imagine that at the tail end of Sol 2 - vertigo city! :)

Colin Berry
6th October 2005, 09:34 AM
The Vohl Square times were done very late in the day (very late, no no honestly very very very late) following feedback from Japan.
And I may have made them a tad easy .. . . (ok I did)

sorry about that
:)

element42
6th October 2005, 09:49 AM
Citta Nuova - I've just started playing Phantom, and there's not a corner on that track that I can get right yet. :evil: I don't mind Karbonis so much, I think it really does help having learnt it from the original; the last esses are a pain but only if you try to take them at full power. My most hated corner is the last one in Ubermall, I always mess that one up.

bakkufu
6th October 2005, 09:53 AM
Ubermall is an amazing circuit, i tend to back off the power, swing in tight under airbrake across the weapon pad then hard cross brake before jamming back on the power!

Worst circuit for me is a Manor top / Citta Nuova combo.

The Constant S bends on Citta Nuova combined with the change in altitude lead to either hitting signs and stopping, flying off the course, coming back under boost and flying off again or using so much braking to get through it, that you lose lol.

And manor top just doesnt seem as fast and fluid as it once was. Cant put my finger on why though.

element42
6th October 2005, 10:09 AM
I concur, Manor Top does not fly as good in Pure as it did in 3. As I've mentioned before, this is probably a combination of lack of negcon and the change of physics.

Tokai
6th October 2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks Lance, I was away for a while from this forum so I wasn't able to find quickly the right thread about Citta Nova.
BTW, another track that I hate a bit is Manor Top. It was hard to play also in WO3, but with the new phisic of WOP I fall down a lot! :( Of course I'm not talking about TT but about race...it's hard at higher speeds...

Sumimasen
6th October 2005, 11:16 AM
After much deliberation, I'll have to go with Sebenco Peak...

I hate the second to last corner (banked hairpin). It's way too narrow for my tastes, and hitting the wall there is usually the only thing that stops me getting perfect laps on this track! :cry:

I have a love/hate sorta on/off relationship with Citta Nuova (at present it's hate, but that will no doubt change again soon). and I'm not too keen on Sebenco Climb, but apart from that, I reckon all the tracks have their plus points.

Loving Manor Top with the Icaras, though! First place by the first corner, then held it for another 5 corners, before the AI 'cheap turbo bastards' (for want of a better description) all blasted past me and put me back to 6th...

bakkufu
6th October 2005, 11:27 AM
First place by the first corner, then held it for another 5 corners, before the AI 'cheap turbo bastards' (for want of a better description) all blasted past me and put me back to 6th...

I hate that feature, never used to do that on 2097 and races were still hard as nails.

Distrupto
6th October 2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah, its totally unfair! Whenever you get a boost start, its utterly useless against AI! They always drag it up past you, no matter wat! After a boost start in a Auricom in Mandrashee, I dropped a bomb and instead of the next couple of AIs wiping out, they kept runnin through it as if nothing happened and dragged past me to my left, right, and even above me! Even Feisar out ran Auric down the last straight of the track! But i luckily gave him a sheer end by plasma-ing him while he was getting past.

bakkufu
6th October 2005, 11:36 AM
what worries me is that the AI will ram you out of the way bigtime, the amount of resets to the course because the AI's all ram me on the same corner is shocking.

rageagainstgeorge
6th October 2005, 11:38 AM
There's not a whole track I hate, they all have good sections.

There are some bad sections of track though, the banked left corner at Sebenco Peak springs to mind. The last set of esses at Karbonis which I can't take for the life of me at anything faster than Venom is another.

I do love Citta Nuova though especially with Piranha. It really gets the adrenaline going.

bakkufu
6th October 2005, 11:41 AM
rage - try something for me, enter the first turn wide, so that you can take a shallow line through the esses. As you enter each one, slightly release the thruster and airbrake, then jam your finger back on thrust to set the direction. Rinse, repeat for the other turns and you should be through them no problem!

Distrupto
6th October 2005, 11:45 AM
When I had first unlocked Manor Top two weeks ago, I raced it and my boost start got me to first and then, into the first corner with the twin speed boosters at the end, Qirex pushed me wide and at least 4 AIs zoomed through before I could get back. When I did get back, Traikis and Harimau rammed me off of the boost pads and they along with Feisar passed. :evil:

rageagainstgeorge
6th October 2005, 02:06 PM
bakkufu - thanks for the tip. That's helped alot. It's still the only track I can't get a perfect on though. Still, practice makes pefect so I might be able to soon... maybe.

Drakkenmensch
6th October 2005, 02:12 PM
Yes, it's been my experience that on a tight technical track with a craft that has low handling, insisting to keep the pedal to the metal is just asking for trouble. Releasing it in controlled bursts can give your turns that extra bite you need to make it through without scraping walls.

Hacker X
6th October 2005, 02:16 PM
After playing Citta Nuova a billion times to get Gold on it, I actually ended up getting pretty damn good at it. But if I had to choose one it would be this track.

But I've found its not really the tracks themselves that are bad, but the placement of weapons pads. Citta Nuova and Manor Top ended up being my 2 most difficult tracks to beat in this game because while I was doing almost constant perfect laps on each, I get pounded by the AI's weapons which constantly cripple my ship. Besides that, I've learned that any of the tracks can be mastered even with these issues after constantly playing them. But the hits from enemy fire is more of a roll of the dice rather than usually requiring skill to dodge them.

randomperson1
6th October 2005, 03:44 PM
Citta Nuova, whether you like it or not, will always be rembered as a challenge and really is worthy of 'classic' status.

Drakkenmensch
6th October 2005, 03:52 PM
This is what made Manor Top so memorable!

Jittery-Joe
6th October 2005, 04:45 PM
I'd have to say I hate Citta Nouva more, as I quite like w3o's verion of Manor top. Not so pleased with pures, though :(

Rapier Racer
6th October 2005, 10:27 PM
I think I'll join the Citta Nuova hate club, I have so much hatred for that damn circuit :evil: I frequently end up in the air and go flying off the track during all those sharp turns, I’ve also smacked into that billboard before the first tunnel more times than I care to remember

Zebula77
8th October 2005, 01:29 AM
I used to hate it. I was really, really struggling to get anywhere near medal position on phantom class. Those turns are really killer, aren't they?

Now, I just find it challenging and really rewarding when you get a perfect lap. Practice makes perfect, and all that.

Sebenco Peak is a harder track for me. I can never get that tilted left turn near the end right. I always take it too soon, or too late. :roll:

G0rT
8th October 2005, 03:11 AM
I used to find Citta Nouva really hard, until I got the gold in Rapier class (which took me like 30 trys :evil: ) but after that I got used to taking the turns and avoiding the bill board of death so phantom came as a breeze. But I seem to have very poor luck on manor top, such as the ai's quake plasma rocket 3 hit kill combo, so I'd say I hate it more for all of the twisted, evil things that happen there.

Mobius
8th October 2005, 10:23 AM
I find Blue Ridge, Ubermall and Sebenco peak all tricky as i really can get to grips with the tight s-bend chicanes. I find citta nuova quite easy now.