PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure - Lap the AI

lunar
5th October 2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks to the discovery of the awesome power of Icaras on Vector class - I have realised it is possible to lap the AI in Wipeout Pure. Apologies to those who knew this already.

The challenge is to lap as many AI ships in a single race as you can, on any track, any class, with any ship.

The mark to beat is Porto Kora/Icaras/Vector/2 ships lapped. Race record: 2.01.49

Even if you only equal this post your result, as in the event of a tie the countback will work as follows:

The winner is the pilot who achieved his result on the higher speed class.

If we still have a tie the winner is the pilot who is not using Zone, Medievil, Puma 1 or 2, Wire05, Coke or any future sponsor ship.

If we still have a tie the winner is the pilot who achieved his result with an original (not including Zone or Medievil) rather than downloaded ship

If we still have a tie, the winner is the pilot who achieved his result on the shorter track.

If it`s still a tie the pilot with the fastest race record on that particular track/class is the winner.

the closing date is midnight 4 weeks after the release of the Omega packs in Europe.

eLhabib
5th October 2005, 08:06 PM
I lapped 3 ships on my gold medal flight on modnay on phantom vohl square, using my trusty assegai. was the first time I ever lapped an AI ship, so i was pretty wowed when I lapped another 2!
my guess is that lapping the AI is best possible on technical tracks, at phantom speed (5 laps).

lunar
5th October 2005, 08:41 PM
yeah I was wowed too when I did two on PK - but that was only Vector. I guess that makes you the leader. :wink: I suppose it might be easier to lap AI ships on tracks with a lot of barrel roll possibilities - as the AI doesn`t do it that often.

Drakkenmensch
5th October 2005, 09:17 PM
Does the AI EVER barrel roll? Aside from the occasional freak autopilot barrel roll?

eLhabib
5th October 2005, 09:20 PM
oh yes they do! they did a lot of barrelrolling on vohl square when I played for the golds on monday!

Drakkenmensch
5th October 2005, 09:32 PM
Weird!!! :D So old monkeys CAN learn new tricks ;)

EDIT: I lapped the Icaras on Porto Kora in Phantom today during my Classic 2 tournament - but the Icaras pilot probably didn't notice me, he was too busy blowing up at the time ;)

SECOND EDIT: I've lapped TWO opponents on Porto Kora, Phantom class, 2:13:33 flying Piranha (of course!)

THIRD EDIT: Two opponents lapped, Porto Kora, Vector, 2:08:95, with Triakis