PDA

View Full Version : Online Connection problems...

313Rocket
2nd October 2005, 09:43 PM
I recently bought Wipeout Pure (European edition), and quickly was thrilled to learn about the downloadable content.

However, Wipeout Pure seems like it doesn't like my Wi-Fi connection. Whenever the connection choice appears, mine is greyed out and it will not allow me to select it.

The problem is not the Wi-Fi, as using the v2.0 firmware browser I can access the net just fine...

Is it because my Wi-Fi is protected by WEP?

This isn't a major issue, after all, I can obtain it from another source, but any help getting WP to work with my connection would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Drakkenmensch
2nd October 2005, 10:21 PM
It may be a problem with your choice of channel in the router. By experience, the PSP seems to prefer channel one as a default.

captain chickenpants
3rd October 2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah, the problem is the encryption method, although I thought WEP works fine, and that it is WPA that doesn't work. Have you tried creating the connection within wipeout?

CC

edit by Lance: unnecessary quotation eliminated

element42
3rd October 2005, 08:38 AM
Yeah, I've got WEP working fine while connecting in both infrastructure and ad-hoc (to kai). I'm sure I read somewhere that WPA should work but I'm damned if I can work out how.

1IV54IV3
5th October 2005, 08:43 AM
Since I updated to version 2.0 wipeout doesn´t accept my WiFi, too. Might be a wipeout problem. The thing that makes me wonder is that I can access the internet with my psp, download updates and so on, but wipeout doesn´t access my router. That damn sux :cry:
Regards

Roger
1st November 2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I have the same problem with my (borrowed :( ) PSP. The web browser works fine, but I can't connect from within Pure.

A quick Google reveals that while the browser supports WPA-PSK, Pure does not. That means I'll have to lower my WiFi security in order to download stuff. Sigh, can't be bothered... not tonight anyway.