PDA

View Full Version : Jap version Download Packs help!

Distrupto
1st October 2005, 04:02 PM
I have the Japanese version of Wipeout Pure and have downloaded the Jap versions of the Gamma and Delta Packs via my comp and not by wireless. I unzipped them and saved em in PSP/Savedata as UCJS10007DGammaPack1, 2, 3, DeltaPack1, 2. When i launch Wipeout and load my profile, the downloaded tracks and ships just dont show up. Please help me, everyone, what do I have to do to make it work? :bombhead :brickwall :?: :( :? :x :x

Purist
1st October 2005, 04:11 PM
I woulda said make sure you have the correct corresponding packs to the correct version of the game but the file name you mentioned appears to be correct. Hmmm? I dunno what it is?

Try to download em' via the wireless official way if you can, maybe SONY disabled the access certain people gained using firefox. Afterall, the Jap packs are ONLY supposed to be downloaded via Wi-Fi.

Other than that, you'll just have to sniff around less 'scrupulous' sites :? .

Distrupto
1st October 2005, 04:31 PM
I first got the packs from psp-hacks.com. But now psp-hacks has taken them off so i cant redownload. I cant use wireless either cause i dont have a wireless router, only a nomal cable router for my comps net connection. My Memory Stick Duo on which the packs r on is the original 32mega one which is now full with only packs and my profile. All my othre things r on my second 512mega stick.

Drakkenmensch
1st October 2005, 04:53 PM
Just find a coffee shop that gives free wireless access to customers, buy a cofee and a pastry, download away and enjoy the beauty of Wipeout Pure while fueling yourself with sugar and caffeine :D

Hellfire_WZ
2nd October 2005, 09:00 AM
I find a surprising number of people make this mistake so I'll bring it up here. Do you have the Japanese or the Asian version? Check the back of your case, if you have the Japanese version it will say "For Japan Only" above the barcode and will be labelled as a Region 2 UMD. The Asian version is Region 3, if you have this version, you need to get them from www.wipeoutpure.com.

Drakkenmensch
2nd October 2005, 09:11 AM
That's true, the region 3 version doesn't even have an in-game download menu IIRC

Distrupto
2nd October 2005, 09:16 AM
Thank you, Hellfire! It says Region 3 UMD. Asian version(made in HongKong). I thought that if the PSP is Jap version, the downloads are of that. Now i shall download the UCUS instead of UCJS versions of the packs and see if it works. :)

Hellfire_WZ
2nd October 2005, 09:31 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need the UCES packs.

Distrupto
2nd October 2005, 09:39 AM
I downoaded from Wipeoutpure.com but the tracks, ships and skins still dont show up! :cry: :x :bombhead

-----------------

But i cant login from yourpsp.com since i have a PSP 1000 not a 1003 or 1004 and i got it before September and its serial number doesnt work with 1003 or 1004. I can login to wipeoutpure.com since they dont ask for such detail though.

edited by Lance: two sequential posts by same author combined.

Drakkenmensch
2nd October 2005, 09:49 AM
Were any of the download pack versions made to be compatible to the zone 3 Pure version?

Hellfire_WZ
2nd October 2005, 09:52 AM
Since the link to the European side of the site also includes Korea, I'd assume the UCES packs would be correct. Normally if you can't get to yourpsp.com you'd have to download through Wi-Fi, but seeing as the Asian version doesn't have that option I'm not sure what you can do.

Distrupto
2nd October 2005, 10:12 AM
I got the UCKS packs for Korea. Does every country have it different?

Hellfire_WZ
2nd October 2005, 10:36 AM
Ah great, looks like they do. All I knew is the Asian and Australian versions would have their packs released alongside the Euro version.

Distrupto
2nd October 2005, 10:57 AM
Oh well, nothing works, ill have to just play on watever the original game has.