PDA

View Full Version : "MESSIJ" RETURNS to Wipeout in the next Update!

Hacker X
1st October 2005, 05:45 AM
http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2005/9/30-125

Per gaming ages update, the download of Classic Pack 3 coming this Tuesday Oct 3rd will have:

Vohl Square (track)
Icaras (ship)
Icaras (skin)
Classic Tunes 3 - Cold Storage - Messij
Classic Tunes 4 - Cold Storage - Operatique

My Wipeout Pure is complete. Messij has always been my favorite Wipeout song, and they've brought it back for the diehards. Thanks Wipeout team!

eLhabib
1st October 2005, 11:17 AM
that is SO sweet!

Drakkenmensch
1st October 2005, 03:17 PM
Now, is that on Tuesday OR on the 3rd?

Because up here in Canada, Tuesday is the 4th... or is that just a canadian thing?

eLhabib
1st October 2005, 03:27 PM
lol

it's coming online on October 3rd.
I would expect the ingame download to work sometime today tho...

Sven
1st October 2005, 03:48 PM
Ooooh, Messij and Operatique!

All we need now is Xpander! :D

Hacker X
1st October 2005, 03:50 PM
Now, is that on Tuesday OR on the 3rd?

Because up here in Canada, Tuesday is the 4th... or is that just a canadian thing?

Oops, my bad, your right, the 3rd is Monday. Thats even better. haha.

All we need now is Xpander!

Haha, someone get DJ Sasha on the phone! :P

uberweng
1st October 2005, 03:54 PM
I second Messij as best ever wipeout track.

The new track and ship look ok as well.

Rapier Racer
2nd October 2005, 12:45 PM
Don't mean to sound ungreatful or anything but I want cold comfort :(

Vortex
2nd October 2005, 01:58 PM
I would have liked Tentative over Operatique, but we get Messij which as people have said is one of the best tunes ever in a Wipeout game.

Lance
2nd October 2005, 02:47 PM
i prefer Operatique over Tentative. ;) :D

Egg
3rd October 2005, 08:46 PM
I love Messij too. I even found an ancient tape in my car the other day, shoved it on, and there it was. I must have taped the soundtrack all those years ago ...

Incidentally, the songs were picked from a poll we had in the studio.

Vortex
3rd October 2005, 08:54 PM
Even more proof that the guys and gals at SL have good taste.

So then Egg, can we expect any more classic Cold Storage content in the future?

bakkufu
3rd October 2005, 08:56 PM
Messij returning to Wipeout... thats so beautiful man!!! :cry:

Egg
3rd October 2005, 09:11 PM
@Vortex --- dunno, man ... we're just making this up as we go ! :lol:

yawnstretch
3rd October 2005, 11:52 PM
Cool - cold comfort was one of my old favs too. Listening to the old stuff in the new game is fantabulous I can tell ya - and I still cant wait to try out the new music mixing thing!

I heart WipEout purE 8)

Drakkenmensch
4th October 2005, 02:50 AM
Mmmmmm... racing through Vohl Square with Messij pumping my adrenaline... oh yes, THAT is the Wipeout experience!!!

Megatron42
4th October 2005, 05:43 PM
I hate to be a Debbie Downer but my fears came true -- you can't hear most of what composes the song -- the pumping bass beat. It's lost unless you're wearing headphones. I LOVE this track. LOVE it to death, it's on three of my driving mix CDs. But I think you'll notice that the tracks that came with the game seemed to take this speaker constraint into account.

eLhabib
4th October 2005, 05:45 PM
does anybody actually play PSP withOUT headphones?! If you are, DUDE, YOU ARE MISSING SOOO MUCH. A bomb is not a bomb without headphones!

Get some headphones! NOW! :D

Drakkenmensch
4th October 2005, 05:49 PM
What? Some of you out there are playing Pure with just the built-in speakers? You're losing so much on the sound quality!

Sausehuhn
4th October 2005, 05:53 PM
hm... I should connect my PSP to my dolby sourround system (even when WOP is just Stereo)...

Megatron42
4th October 2005, 06:10 PM
I do play the game with headphones. But sometimes it's just not convenient.

But I do have a patch cable and a nearby computer to attach to line-in...something I'll have to try....

Hacker X
4th October 2005, 06:16 PM
hm... I should connect my PSP to my dolby sourround system (even when WOP is just Stereo)...

BINGO! Thats what I do when I'm at home. Have a really long phono cord that runs from my receiver just for jacking in my PSP. When I play Wipeout, or any of my other games at home, this is the way to go, and you will be AMAZED how it sounds on a surround sound home theatre.

Sven
4th October 2005, 10:06 PM
Incidentally, the songs were picked from a poll we had in the studio.Could you pick the next one based on a poll you have here? 8O

yawnstretch
5th October 2005, 07:17 AM
Ooooooooh

kaiotheforsaken
5th October 2005, 07:25 AM
under the influence just needs to come to pure and then it shall be perfect in my eyes lol, seriously though, i love that song, and the ones in pack 3 are awesome too.