PDA

View Full Version : The next round of DL content...

Sumimasen
30th September 2005, 07:46 AM
... should be released pretty soon, don't you think?

I know that the Euro Classic 2 pack 1 (Phew!) is due on Monday, but what about US Classic 2 Pack 3 and JP Classic 2 Pack 1?

* Pauses for breath *

Anyone got any dates?

I JUST WANNA 'FLY ICARAS'!!! :D

... a thought occurs... If the new US and JP packs are not released by Monday, then the Euro version will overtake the others in the official download stakes. In the space of a month! 8O

Dogg Thang
30th September 2005, 08:48 AM
Even if JP and US do get packs on monday I think the Euro version will still overtake from the way the packs seem to be split.

Seek100
30th September 2005, 10:21 AM
Technically we already have overtaken at least the US as they only have the Gamma stuff and 2/3rds of the Classic2 stuff whereas Euro has the full set of Gamma and Delta stuff, in terms of content Euro is ahead atm.

Space Cowboy
30th September 2005, 10:24 AM
Man, all this has lost me... multiple versions, multiple DL packs, custom region content, branded content.???????

Someone needs to sort all this out, I haven't been here very much due to revision commitments, so everything its all abit confusing. Do I stick with my US version or buy the Euro version?!?!?! aaahhhhhhh my head is going to explode!

Sumimasen
30th September 2005, 10:46 AM
Get...

All...

Three...

:D

You know you want to!

Drakkenmensch
30th September 2005, 10:51 AM
The holy trinity - Japan, US and Euro - is calling out your name!

You cannot resist its siren song!

Sumimasen
30th September 2005, 10:58 AM
Another thought... (bit bored today, obviously)

If the Euro Classic 2 packs are split into 2 instead of 3 downloads, will we still get the Cold Storage music tracks, do you reckon?

In the US version, that was a really great surprise, and a neat addition! Would be a shame not to get them over here too.

Also, do you reckon we'll get more old music tracks in US Classic 2 pack 3?

* starting to get confused myself now. May go for a lie down... :dizzy *

Seek100
30th September 2005, 11:36 AM
If there is more old wipEout music it'll be more CoLD SToRAGE (or PCMusic - though that's very unlikely) as it'd be a nightmare to get licenses again for any of the licensed tracks from previous games. Still there's loads of great CS stuff that could be added to downloads, [hoping for Plasticity off of the PC/Amiga/Mac 2097].

xEik
30th September 2005, 11:58 AM
/votes for 'Hakapik Murder' :D

Seek100
30th September 2005, 03:01 PM
But we've already got Canada in the first pack, do we really need the remix aswell? Well if it were up to me I'd put his entire wipEout catalogue in and turn everything else off but I doub that'll happen.

Vortex
30th September 2005, 04:04 PM
The Jap website schedule has four classic packs, two in October and two yet to be decided. Not sure how it splits into four packs, the schedule could be wrong.

As for the US latest, bring Icaras on now, and if Messij was also in the download, then all the better.

randomperson1
30th September 2005, 04:15 PM
what's Messij :?:

Mobius
30th September 2005, 04:20 PM
The name of one ot the cold storage songs on the original wipeout.

Sumimasen
30th September 2005, 04:27 PM
I would really like for the Sasha tracks from W'O"3 to be made available. I really like those team-themed tracks!

Before anyone says it - I know there's next to no chance of this happening, but still, I can hope...

I can't wait for the last US Classic download - I SERIOUSLY want to try out the new Icaras machine! Could be great for TT's, without the dirty feeling I get from resorting to the Zone craft... :roll:

* Pictures Jim Carrey (Ace Ventura) in the scene where he realizes that Einhorn is a man... *

That's like using the Zone ship, that is! :D

Megatron42
30th September 2005, 05:27 PM
See, I already came to terms with Messij not being a downloaded track. The reason for this is that far too much of the song is situated in bass frequency. You wouldn't be able to hear the major part of the song since the PSP's little speakers can only pump out decent mid-high to upper frequencies. And I know they wouldn't add a track that you can only appreciate with headphones or external speakers.

(XTND Mix from PC 2097 is my favorite C.S. track btw)

Drakkenmensch
30th September 2005, 06:44 PM
I SERIOUSLY want to try out the new Icaras machine! Could be great for TT's, without the dirty feeling I get from resorting to the Zone craft...

I know what you mean there. In theory, the Icaras is geared for being the equivalent of a Piranha with increased thrust for making up the loss of speed in curves. It would still be a challenge to maneuver around technical tracks and would be an acceptable choice for a ride around Karbonis as far as I'm concerned ;)

randomperson1
30th September 2005, 07:05 PM
They are making 40 d/l music tracks so your Messij thing may be there

Sumimasen
30th September 2005, 07:22 PM
@ Drak:

That's what I was thinking. Unless they do an 'AG 5Y5' on it! :wink:

@ Random:

8O

I say again:

8O

That's sacreligious that is! But seriously, if you don't know the original music tracks from W'O", then you're missing out. They are REALLY good, and go with the gloomy techno/future/*insert descriptive word here* style of the original game.

Last time I checked, they were available for free download as MP3's from Cold Storage's website too, so get over there!

http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/

Drakkenmensch
30th September 2005, 07:32 PM
Unless they do an 'AG 5Y5' on it! :wink:

Sounds doubtful, seeing how the Icaras has historically been a hard to maneuver speed demon. Also, from a balance standpoint, the downloadable ships so far have been maneuverable ships with limited speed, so it seems unlikely they'd just clone another Van Uber in a different skin.

Megatron42
30th September 2005, 07:33 PM
Been there from time to time. Good stuff.

Hellfire_WZ
30th September 2005, 07:46 PM
I can only imagine for the Icaras that they'd move away from the 5/4/3/3 setup, as no combination could really do justice to what it should feel like. But I would like to see it handle differently to the Piranha, as much as I'd love to see Icaras back it wouldn't be fair to make it a carbon copy of another craft.

As for music, Messij is a must. Got it on my iPod. :)

Colin Berry
30th September 2005, 07:53 PM
If I could remember the stats I'd post them, but I cant...

Its got 5 for speed !, erm, not sure what else - they were set a while ago :D

Seek100
30th September 2005, 08:11 PM
Lo there Colin, any chance of us hearing Plasticity by CoLD SToRAGE as a d/l track?

Also what happened to the music mixer, every time I go to the site it says 'coming soon', we've mostly forgotten all about it which is a shame, or will that be given more attention after all the 'proper' d/l content - the packs has been dealt with?

Colin Berry
30th September 2005, 08:20 PM
Sorry erm, I dont know and I dont know :)

I'm not sure what music is going to be downloadable, its not really my area, likewise the music mixer.

so I cant be of much help - I'll ask on monday and see if I can find anything out

Hacker X
1st October 2005, 02:01 AM
I will seriously cry if they put "Messij" in one of the downloads (still listen to it when driving on an electronic music compilation cd I made). That has been my FAVORITE Wipeout music track since 96'. :cry: My friends who aren't even into Wipeout know "Messij" from when they used to watch me play back in the day. Everyone use to bop their head to it when I'd play. 8) Along with "Landmass" by FSOL in 2097/XL. The Wipeout soundtracks as a whole are what got me into electronic music to this day which is what I listen to the majority of the time. :D

Megatron42
1st October 2005, 04:38 AM
Well at least I know that there is someone else out there as fanatical about that one song as I am. Believe it or not I was listening to WOXL PC's mix of Messij TODAY.

Sumimasen
1st October 2005, 06:27 AM
In another thread it's been confirmed that Messij will be included, so hurrah for us!!! :D

Also, the new Icaras ship looks a bit flat...

When I did some sketches of the Icaras in my Lightwave thread, everyone (me included) though that the first one looked a bit squashed. But wouldn't you know it? The new Pure Icaras looks more like that than I could have guessed. Uncanny!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.beards/WipEout/Test_Renders/Icaras_Sketch_2.jpg

http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/img.pl?image=/media/2005/september/wipeout_pure_classicpack3/4.jpg

See what I mean, or is it just me? :?

element42
1st October 2005, 07:08 AM
I don't think this has been noticed yet, all the talk of Icaras art that I've noticed is in the form of the concept sketch in Rapier TT: but in Rapier SR Altima VII (NTSC version, obviously), there's the Icaras team sheet. :)

Mobius
1st October 2005, 09:10 AM
I like the new icaras, the paintjob remids me of an ice-cream once had. Well so does the track aussi! (^_^)

eLhabib
1st October 2005, 11:29 AM
I have mentioned said teamsheet showing the Icaras ship before, but noone seemed to care...
from the teamsheet you don't see that it's THIS flat tho. not sure I like that...

Lance
1st October 2005, 04:24 PM
and it looks a bit chunky from that view of it. ought to be leaner, lighter

Distrupto
1st October 2005, 04:43 PM
Even I wanna try out the new Icaras! If my packs can work, ill definatly get this thing. I hate unleashing Zone cause the Triakis and Ags AI always get after me with all the weapons they can lob and the plastic armor gives way and i just cant stand seeing such a hard earned ship blow. I havnt got Medieval yet, but i got my first look at it wen i saw the shots of Icaras dragging alongside it in a straight. It looks great, but it will take a lot to get while an Icaras which manages to hold pace with it is a simple download.

randomperson1
1st October 2005, 08:22 PM
WOW! I love that ship!

mclarensmps
1st October 2005, 08:49 PM
summ, that really is a beautiful sketch, i wanna see a proper view of the new icarus before i can judge how similar they are. From the back i still think the new icarus looks alot like a feisar with inverse rear wings.