PDA

View Full Version : How Slow?

mischiefdemon
29th September 2005, 08:00 AM
Is vector after you've been playing Phantom? lol...

I had to go back to the previous speed classes to get all the golds in the Delta pack, I was amazed how slow they felt now, and how normal phantom feels to me...

I remember when Phantom seemed so unrealisticly fast!

Its amazing how you get used to things.

Khara Decent was such a pain in Flash TT its unreal... Has anyone else had any problems like this?

lunar
29th September 2005, 09:47 AM
nah, did it first time.

(lie) :wink:

It actually took a lot of pain and a few moments of "am I good enough?" self doubt for me to get that one. I love these tough TTs though - Khara`s the only one of the Delta tracks which I know well at this point, because I`ve been round it so many effin times.It really improves your barrel roll technique too, and teaches you to roll straight - or otherwise leave the track.

element42
29th September 2005, 09:48 AM
yes - see my post in another of your topics here (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2735). But I've done it three times now (euro, jap, us versions) :D .

Seek100
29th September 2005, 05:21 PM
What I don't get is why only the flash TT on Kara Descent was so hard, last night I finally finished up Rapier speed Delta (just got Ascension and Descension tournaments left to get in Rapier) and I was petrified of the track after the Flash TT which took me several hours of continual practice, but I managed the Rapier gold time on my first attempt, though I did so many barrel rolls I had a few pixels of health left by the last lap.

I can't comment on Phantom to Vector yet but hopefully by the time the Classic 2 packs come out I'll be used to Phantom and be able to bemoan having to go through the Vector class again.

eLhabib
29th September 2005, 09:44 PM
Flash TTs are always the toughest ones, because at rapier an phantom the developers probably thought that the speed alone would be enough challenge. Tournaments are also hardest on flash, because for above reason, the AI has been toned down a bit in rapier and phantom.