PDA

View Full Version : US PSP with Euro Wipeout - which packs do you download?

taki
26th September 2005, 10:16 AM
Hi guys,

First post, so please be gentle. I have searched the forum for the answers to this question, but no luck yet. Basically I have my US PSP arriving here in Australia in two days. I have already purchased Wipeout Pure from a local store (Euro version) - I am a huge old skool Wipeout fan.

My question relates to which downloadable packs are compatible (I am happy to wait for the Euro releases as long as I don't miss anything) - is anyone else is in the same situation? I am particularly interested to know if Sony kick up a fuss with a US serial number downloading Euro packs? Do I need to purchase the US version of Wipeout Pure and download both the Euro and US tracks?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Taki

8)

lunar
26th September 2005, 10:36 AM
with a euro game you should get the euro downloads - anything else won`t work. You might have trouble registering a US PSP for euro downloads on yourpsp.com. You will probably have to enter the wrong model number for your psp - sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn`t. However, if you use the in-game download service it will just take you straight to the relevant downloads for the version of the game you are using without any registration process.

welcome to the site.

taki
26th September 2005, 10:43 AM
Thank lunar! Finger crossed it will all be ok. It's times like these I wish I was running a bit faster than 56K.

:lol:

Purist
26th September 2005, 11:23 AM
If your not allowed to register with yourpsp.com the downloads can be found at much less official sites 'elsewhere', although we can't tell you where.

So if you can't register it's not the end of the world. However, you do appear to be in possession of a psp and an orginal copy of purE so you should at least be aware that they can be obtained elsewhere.

Please read... http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2231

and... http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2651

taki
26th September 2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks Purist. Finger crossed I can do it all legally - that is certainly my intent. Can not wait! for my PSP to arrive!