PDA

View Full Version : Movie transfer probs

wipitout
22nd September 2005, 07:58 AM
Hi all,

I have attempted to transfer a film using 2 recommended pieces of freeware. Its supposed to turn into MP4 files, which it does, but the begining of the file name is MAC******.mp4. When i transfer this to the PSP, it has taken up space yet it is nowhere to be seen. I have followed a guide religiously yet i cant get itto work.

All help appreciated,

Thanks in advance, Gaz.

Hellfire_WZ
22nd September 2005, 08:09 AM
Are you using PSPVideo9? That both encodes and transfers the file to the stick automatically, give that one a try.

wipitout
22nd September 2005, 08:12 AM
Yeah matey, thats the one im using. :( it cant be a prob with the guide, as lots of people are using it and seem to post good reports on the guide.

Drat. :(

eLhabib
22nd September 2005, 11:27 AM
you know it has to be in a specific folder (MP_ROOT/MV..blah) and that the filename has to be specific, too. MACsomething is not gonna work.

wipitout
22nd September 2005, 01:02 PM
Know i realise that mate, i just cant figure out why it has created it as MAC, as i followed the guide religiously. And yeah, im putting it in that folder cheers.

eLhabib
22nd September 2005, 02:29 PM
PSPVideo9 is crap, by the way. it has bad encoding, and the sound is sometimes off by a couple of seconds. I use 3GP converter, it's a lot easier to use, converting faster, and at better quality. just search for it on google.

wipitout
22nd September 2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks mate, just using this now, successfully copied something across. Tell me, what quality to u put them across as?? Thanks mate.

eLhabib
22nd September 2005, 03:34 PM
highest quality, always (29.97fps/QB10 stereo/96kbps)

QVGA for 4:3 ratio movies, 368x208 for widescreen. I hope they will bring out a new version soon, featuring the full 480x272 ratio.

wipitout
22nd September 2005, 03:40 PM
Marvellous, cheers loads, i'll be trying this tonight. :D:D