PDA

View Full Version : New COKE track and skin (JP)

bakeded
22nd September 2005, 07:50 AM
It's up... go get it. :P

The skin is quite nice.
The track... well let's just say, the puma haters are really going to hate this one. :lol:

Hellfire_WZ
22nd September 2005, 08:55 AM
Bloody hell, that is absolutely disgusting!

At least the Puma ads were restricted to billboards. The Coke one has even coloured the ****ing track! That sign hovering above the start grid that read "Iridia"? Changed to "Coke". If a company can butcher a track any better than this, I have yet to see it.

EDIT: Some screenies:

http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/coke1.jpg
http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/coke2.jpg
http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/coke3.jpg

*gag*

Drakkenmensch
22nd September 2005, 10:08 AM
Okay, I used to be the first one to defend branded content because it was free. I used to say "Hey, it's not like we're paying for it."

Now, I've just seen the coke "track"... another Iridia, just great...

Ah, screw this. Coca-cola, you're on your own here.

*sound of footsteps walking away and door slamming shut*

(EDIT: corrected the track name. Thansk to Hellfire for pointing out my goof-up)

eLhabib
22nd September 2005, 11:34 AM
I hope somewhere at Sony someone notices the bad reactions to this. if this is found to be a success by the leading squarefaces up there, then I don't wanna see the next wave of sponsored games :(
the problem is, since it's japanese, we can't even boycott it to make a difference...

Mogaar
22nd September 2005, 04:42 PM
What?! I love the Coke track! It's tasteful and understated! [wanders off into desert clutching crack pipe and half-eaten sheet of acid]...

Seek100
22nd September 2005, 07:30 PM
That's not a desert it's your local park. :lol:

Puma hater here saying, I would so not download that if I had the Jap version, at least they still get the proper Iridia. :roll:

Jittery-Joe
22nd September 2005, 07:34 PM
The proper Iridia, in my eyes, wasn't that good. The coke-ing up of it makes it worse. And Visually offensive.

InvaderF00
23rd September 2005, 07:03 PM
All in all, I wonder how much they paid for it.
Just for fun I wouldn't mind dropping some money on Studio Liverpool to get them to make a duplicate of Iridia and slap the name "Balls" on it...
I might even hook them up with a pic for the billboard.

First coke, then Stealth, what's next?
I'd hate to say sellout but...
We are approaching a disaster of franchise destroying proportion, of the likes we haven't seen since WipeOut Fusion

Drakkenmensch
23rd September 2005, 07:40 PM
Coke and Stealth.

Tigron and G-Tech.

Sidious and Vader.

Destroyers always come in pairs, don't they?

Seek100
23rd September 2005, 07:50 PM
Always 2 there are, a master, and an apprentice. :lol:

Mobius
23rd September 2005, 08:33 PM
Warning! Irony at work...

This is basically how the F9000 killed itself; as in corporate interfearance.

Drakkenmensch
23rd September 2005, 08:44 PM
Warning! Life imitating fiction!!!

Purist
24th September 2005, 09:37 AM
Errr, it's different :roll:

At least is's free right...

bakkufu
24th September 2005, 09:41 AM
I havn't got a version I can install it on, but already having seen the screenshots I want to try putting cans of coke into the turbines of an AG for fun, or perhaps make a nice pyramid of cans and hit em with a Quake...

lunar
24th September 2005, 11:00 AM
It`s just gobsmackingly crap, really. At least Puma were imaginitive enough to come up with a blue billboard too, just to break things up a bit. :roll: Oh and the big spinny cylinder things with Puma on. Their presence isn`t much less really, judging by the screenies, it`s just they have a few different logos, and at least they didn`t rename the tracks. Why would anyone think that any player would bother with this Coke thing rather than play the original?

Egg
24th September 2005, 01:28 PM
Remember, this was a Japanese exclusive pack; and, as most gamesplayers well aware, the Japanese are all stark raving bonkers. :lol:

randomperson1
24th September 2005, 01:35 PM
I agree