PDA

View Full Version : It's the No-Zone challenge!

Drakkenmensch
20th September 2005, 11:20 PM
This is one is for Wipeout Pure. It became clear that my other post in the all-golds thread required this new thread to come in existance :)

Select any team you like, except Zone and Medievil. Any other team is fine, including downloaded crafts.

Create a new profile.

Get all golds! You must complete all downloaded tracks as well.

Share your success here and enjoy bragging rights!

eLhabib
20th September 2005, 11:27 PM
uhm... FIRST! :D

Drakkenmensch
21st September 2005, 01:51 AM
*hands eLhabib the big first place trophy* :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Let's hear it from everyone else who achieved this all-golds challenge! Let us see your team pride!!!

MaxxMedievil
23rd September 2005, 11:09 AM
I started a new already with Feisar Team, and another one with Harimau. :D
But a keep my initial game, now that i have Phantom, i don't stop race Manortop with Assegai Team, nice rides i already have made, good times to. :twisted:I'm possesed by this game :evilgrin

xEik
26th September 2005, 08:15 AM
I now have gotten all the golds of the original + gamma + delta with my trusty AG-5Y5. :D
Besides, every first position in my single race and time trial record tables is AG-Systems except Vineta K / Vector / TT where I can't beat my current Piranha record with the AG-Sys.
I guess a 5 in speed is too hard to beat with a 2 in an easy circuit at a slow class.

I suppose that as soon as the WOZone tables are up, most TT Vector records will be done with the Zone ship or similar. :-?

Drakkenmensch
26th September 2005, 09:10 AM
Personally, I won't enter any times scored with Zone. If there are any of my old times still remaining with Zone - I'm pretty sure I crushed every single one of those with my good ol' Piranha ;)

mischiefdemon
28th September 2005, 10:29 PM
Just finished... All 239 Euro Golds with my beloved Qirex :)

Drakkenmensch
29th September 2005, 12:11 AM
All right! So who do we have so far:

Assegai: eLhabib
AG-sys: xEik
Qirex: mischiefdemon

Do we have contenders for the other teams? :D

Hellfire_WZ
6th November 2005, 08:42 PM
Might as well resurrect this one to see if anyone else has caught up. Just finished my Euro Triakis profile with all 329 golds. In addition, that's without blowing up once nor accumulating a single silver or bronze. :wink:

eLhabib
6th November 2005, 08:58 PM
wow, now that's something! did you really fly that good, or just quit if you only got 2nd? :wink:

Hellfire_WZ
6th November 2005, 09:00 PM
Heh, someone's thinking one step ahead. :wink: Nope, it was a pure gold profile. Had a few close shaves but it came out alright in the end.

G0rT
6th November 2005, 09:22 PM
Just finished an all Assegai file, US version a few days ago :D . Feels good to have a pure file! Would have used goteki but assegai just seemed to have more responsive and not as lengthy a feel to it.

eLhabib
7th November 2005, 09:17 AM
:clap
good job! both of you!
hmmmm, a pure gold profile sure is tempting, but I couldn't bother in a thousand years to play through vector and venom again...

bakkufu
7th November 2005, 09:19 AM
I've got Zone and Single Race in the bag including Omega, just need to do 3 Phantom Tournaments and then all of Time Trial!!

Currently have 188 golds with AG-5Y5 :D

eLhabib
7th November 2005, 09:25 AM
some of the flash TTs are gonna be ridiculously hard with AG-5Y5, I can tell you that! good luck!

infoxicated
7th November 2005, 10:04 AM
You're all nuts! :lol:

I haven't even unlocked phantom with my regular profile because I cant be bothered going through the Rapier Beta / Ascension tournament (they both mean I have to play tracks that I absolutely detest!), so I'm stuck with Rapier until the day I can pluck the motivation from somewhere.

eLhabib
7th November 2005, 10:07 AM
...they both mean I have to play tracks that I absolutely detest...

so I guess those tracks are Citta Nuova and Sebenco Climb, then? :wink:

infoxicated
7th November 2005, 10:13 AM
Citta Nuova and Sinucit, actually. I quite like Sebenco Climb, except for the sidey-sidey rolley-rolley downhill.

eLhabib
7th November 2005, 10:19 AM
8O so what exactly don't you like about the technical, atmospheric beauty that is Sinucit? I mean, c'mon, that and Modesto Heights is about as close to Bladerunner as it can ever get! :D

xEik
7th November 2005, 10:20 AM
I cant be bothered going through the Rapier Beta / Ascension tournament
Then, only wait until you find the kind of bitch that Phantom Descension is. :P

infoxicated
7th November 2005, 10:43 AM
8O so what exactly don't you like about the technical, atmospheric beauty that is Sinucit?

You want the full, no holds barred response?

At the risk of threadjacking this topic entirely?

Well, here goes... Sinucit might well improve at Phantom, but for the first three speed classes it's a big bland boring snoozefest for me. It just goes on and on and on and on and "oh, here's an arsey off-camber corner - why don't you race off AI craft, while I slide wide and hit the wall."

Then it's on and on and on and "oh, here's a tricky chicane before a jump so I can slingshot my ship into the crowd so I can be reset a mile back."

Then it's another lap of it going on and on and on before "Ah, I see you've lost interest, Mr AI contender, and slowed down to let me catch up. Excuse me while I slip past your ship on this long boring straight, despite your Puma out classing my AG Systems for top end speed."

For me Sinucit is just the right length to showcase how primitive the catch up AI in Pure is, which reminds me that Wipeout hasn't moved forward in a decade, other than the graphics getting better. The longer the track, the more contrived the "racing" is when the AI is blatantly sand bagging to let you win. :roll:

I'd agree that it's among the best looking default tracks, though. :)

Distrupto
7th November 2005, 11:44 AM
8O so what exactly don't you like about the technical, atmospheric beauty that is Sinucit?

Then it's on and on and on and "oh, here's a tricky chicane before a jump so I can slingshot my ship into the crowd so I can be reset a mile back."

Then it's another lap of it going on and on and on before "Ah, I see you've lost interest, Mr AI contender, and slowed down to let me catch up. Excuse me while I slip past your ship on this long boring straight, despite your Puma out classing my AG Systems for top end speed."

Once wen I was doing a TT on Sinucit with Piranha, a hit my turbo on that chicane on the final lap. I flew on the outer edge of the sidewall, a milimeter away from the crowds and came to a dead stop at the very end to wave at the cheering people. Then, with 9 seconds left for gold, I jumped off the sidewall, crossed the finish line, took the gold, and went to see the gallery art ive unlocked. :lol:

Oh yeah, and in Phantom, after the first lap is over, the AI go at Flash or Venom speed. But still, Citta is worse.

So far my Auricom-only has reached 93 only. :)

eLhabib
7th November 2005, 01:01 PM
point taken, Rob. since I only play multiplayer for the last 4 months or so, I don't know these AI issues, though. For multiplayer, this track is sweet because it is highly technical, but still offers some highspeed straights.
and yes, the last chicane is a bitch. 8)

Drakkenmensch
7th November 2005, 01:16 PM
The way the AI is adjusted, they get unlimited turbos for the first lap to try and build a solid lead on you (emphasis on 'tries') and then pretty much goes on cruise control for the rest of the race. The only problem you could run into is if they go ultra aggressive on your ass and fire weapons left and right.

Distrupto
7th November 2005, 01:29 PM
Ultra-aggresive AIs r rare to find. On the last lap of Phantom/Citta, after I had overtaken all the slow-moving enemies, Triakis, AG-5y5, Auricom and Qirex went ultra-aggresive, resulting in some eliminations, and eventually, me winning.

Dominator
8th November 2005, 04:58 AM
Ultra-aggresive AI on Phantom/Citta & Sebenco Climb i found to be common place, also think Sebenco Climb is one of the harder tracks to win when coming from behind :evil:

Rouni Kenshin#1
23rd November 2005, 12:36 PM
the AI is really bad. I find my harimau out stripping the parana too often and am i the only one who is buged by the rubber band catch up after being miles behind at the begining thing?

Drakkenmensch
23rd November 2005, 12:43 PM
The AI racers get free turbos during the first lap, so keeping the lead you get at the starting grid is a real challenge. If you DO finish the first lap in the lead position though, you've got it made as long as you don't screw up along the way.

Rouni Kenshin#1
23rd November 2005, 12:59 PM
0_o wahaaa?!

why do the AI racers get a free bost on the 1st lap? that makes no sense exept to make up for even worse AI.

Drakkenmensch
23rd November 2005, 01:12 PM
The single races would be way too easy to beat if the AI didn't get those free turbos on the first lap, don't you agree?

Rouni Kenshin#1
23rd November 2005, 07:11 PM
heck yes, but why not just make the AI intellignet to a decent degree?

Dominator
24th November 2005, 03:36 AM
I don't remember the AI ever being this easy to catch up to in the first three installments of wipEout, did they get free turbo's too?? :redface:
*oh it's been soooo long* :frown:

Lion
3rd December 2005, 10:31 AM
working my way through the euro pure with quantax (puma2) but I am not very far in... keep lending the game to people while I concentrate on finishing the US pure (where I alternate between icaras and ag systems)

SilentShadow13
5th January 2006, 08:31 PM
I thought I was doing pretty good with one profile at 127 gold medals... now you've made me feel pathetic... it seems like you would know what the full list of ranks is, like guru, junkie, addict... anyone know all of them? and how is the game on multiplayer? i've never been able to test it.