PDA

View Full Version : Best initial game "moment"

wipitout
20th September 2005, 06:11 PM
Ok guys n gals, what moment has stuck with you in this game that made u think "PSP + Pure is sooooo cool"?

For me, it has to be going through a dark tunnel in 1st place, hearing the word "quake", then hearing a rumble and seeing a red glow on the walls befor being hit full belt and taking a hamering. Cripples my ship, but makes me smile and realise what an impressive piece of kit the PSP is, and how awesome Pure is.

:)

Jittery-Joe
20th September 2005, 06:23 PM
When I won Blue Ridge for the first time and thought 'This kicks Fusion's arse'

Vortex
20th September 2005, 06:52 PM
When the initial loading screen came up and I thought "this kicks fusions arse".

Jittery-Joe
20th September 2005, 06:55 PM
From just the loading screen? Wow, your mind works quick, man.

Drakkenmensch
20th September 2005, 07:06 PM
For me, it was heading for the tunnel in Vineta K and seeing one AI racer drop a bomb on the track and the guy just in front of me trigger it, allowing me to view the full beauty of the explosion graphics, right before running into the blast and having my vision obscured by the smoke.

"This is so awesome!!!"

eLhabib
20th September 2005, 07:15 PM
+1
same with me, exactly the same!
the second big WOW was the bloom effect of the sunlight when i came out of that very same tunnel.

Drakkenmensch
20th September 2005, 07:29 PM
Even after over 100 hours of racing clocked in, I still get warm fuzzies when I see that explosion from up close or far away in the rear view look ;)

randomperson1
20th September 2005, 07:31 PM
Another moment I liked was my first elimination.

"Sorry AG-Sytems!"

eLhabib
20th September 2005, 10:23 PM
seeing a bomb explosion, or even just a dim flash of light, from your own bomb, in the rear mirror has to be the most satisfying aspect of wipEout purE xlink multiplayer.

G0rT
20th September 2005, 10:40 PM
My first plasma hit, definetly my first plasma hit. Nothing better than sending triakis to AG heaven.

Drakkenmensch
20th September 2005, 11:06 PM
My first Triakis kill is definitely WAY up there in my list of favorite memories :D

It was on Modesto Heights, I started charging my plasma to aim at someone, can't remember precisely WHO it was, but Triakis came out of nowhere from the left and locked itself directly to my right as we hit the ramp just before the last corner - the point blank shot blasted Triakis head on and I was treated to its flaming carcass leaving a trail of fire as we leapt through the air STILL locked together, Triakis exploding on landing while I went on to claim first place, my other opponent spared but left to get silver.

Better silverfor him than burning ashes, really. ;)

Rouni Kenshin#1
20th September 2005, 11:11 PM
It had to be the first time i hit the speed boost off the ramp of the 3rd Alpha track.

I got so much air and after doing the roll i landed and hit the #1 guy with my rockets to get me 1st place.

G0rT
21st September 2005, 02:56 AM
yeah triakis is very rewarding to kill what with its almost friggin invincible shield, very very rewarding especially since it likes to win all the time8)

aesop
21st September 2005, 09:20 AM
Passing the windmills on Sebenco, to Onyx.