PDA

View Full Version : Im new to this forum, but not to Wipeout!

G-Delta
19th September 2005, 04:48 PM
Hi, my name is G-Delta...well actully thats the name to my racing game. I joined because:
1. I enjoy playing the wipeout games and I want to learn more
2. I want to meet Wipeout fans and share comments...ect...
3. I want to get ideas for my computer game!

So there...oh more thing...I miss Goteki...

Sausehuhn
19th September 2005, 04:51 PM
welcome to the forums!! :)

So you're planning to make your own racing game? Have you already started?

Mobius
19th September 2005, 04:51 PM
Welcome!

Wait 2 more weeks and you can have a huge reunion with your favorite team. :)

Drakkenmensch
19th September 2005, 04:55 PM
Indeed! Goteki45 is already back to the US version with the classic packs, and should be there soon for the Euro version. And welcome to our crazy bunch, you'll find that this place is sanity-optional.

G-Delta
19th September 2005, 05:01 PM
thanks...

I already started the first track, and designed 1 team.

Goteki is back...wow, I havnt heard but as you said it hasnt appeared yet in Europe...

and yay for reunion!

Sausehuhn
19th September 2005, 05:08 PM
here's a bit of Pure's Goteki45 (http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/682/682962/imgs_1.html)

could you post some images of your track and your team?
And will the final game run on XP?

G-Delta
19th September 2005, 05:19 PM
Goteki looks cool in Pure, however I like the original better though.

I post some images on my game soon, once I upgrade my internet. However it isnt 3D, its 2D birds eye view... if any one wants to design a team or track idea...then send me a PM and i'll try and fit in the game.

Yep it will run on XP.

wipitout
20th September 2005, 06:02 PM
Hi, this is MY 1st post also. Again, not new to Wipeout but new to this forum. Its great, a whole forum dedicated to the best game series ever!

So hi, the names Gaz! :D

Question, to save a thread, can anyone rememebr the name of the track in 2097 thats in like a forest? Since having Pure its brought it back to me, the feeling of rushing round that track with "firestarter" in the background!

Cheers all,

Gaz.

Drakkenmensch
20th September 2005, 06:32 PM
Welcome Gaz! Your nick "Wipitout" is very fun to pronounce, to say the least, so kick back, have a pint of our world famous 'Arrogant Bastard Ale' (our drink of choice to welcome new members!) and share some stories!

To answer your question, the forest track in 2097 is Valparaiso.

wipitout
20th September 2005, 06:35 PM
Cheers!! And ah yes, of course its that track, how could i forget. It rocked!! Loving Pure now tho, especially Sol-2. :D:D

LoneWolf
20th September 2005, 07:13 PM
Question, to save a thread, can anyone rememebr the name of the track in 2097 thats in like a forest? Since having Pure its brought it back to me, the feeling of rushing round that track with "firestarter" in the background!

Cheers all,

Gaz.

You're talking about Valparaiso Track?

Lance
20th September 2005, 07:24 PM
''saving a thread'' [switching topics to avoid starting a new one] is called hijacking.
we don't like it. :)

wipitout
20th September 2005, 08:31 PM
So you would rather me start a new "im new" thread. And heres me thinking i was doing the right thing. Bah!

:D

Lance
20th September 2005, 08:52 PM
:D
i was referring to the question about Valparaiso [Question, to save a thread, can anyone rememebr the name of the track in 2097 thats in like a forest?], which is completely offtopic. after that question, the thread took a turn away from the subject and did not come back to it. that's called hijacking. we don't object to every offtopic twist [as you will soon see!], but anything that's likely to take the thread completely off course so that it stays there is another thing. i know you're new, so it seems unfair to clamp down right away, but that's exactly when people should be made aware of the guidelines. in fact, they should have read them before ever posting, but far too few people actually do. ;)
in this case, you chose to deliberately flout one of the guidelines for forum etiquette, about the stealing of someone else's thread. [not that i don't occasionally unwittingly do it myself, but i usually recover. eventually.] it's about respect.
err..
so... um... [jumps back on topic] welcome to the forums! :)
hi, i'm Lance. glad to meet you, 'wipitout'. very amusing username. :)

Seek100
20th September 2005, 08:54 PM
Yeah pretty much everyone starts an introduction thread when they join, or at least the vast majority do, I used mine to rant about Fusion's aesthetics, physichs and handling, seems like an age ago.

Anyway, 'lo there to G-Delta and wipitout.

Drakkenmensch
20th September 2005, 08:54 PM
*smiles looking a bit tipsy and hands Lance and Wipitout more rounds of chilled Arrogant Bastard Ale*

Cheers! To good times and cool new members!

wipitout
20th September 2005, 08:58 PM
Well thanks! It actually stems back to when the original Wipeout came out on PS1. My (much older) brother saw it and said Wip-it-out. So its kinda stuck with me.

As for the thread rules, i take what you have said on board. I guess i have been used to another forum where it was enchoraged to "save space" and keep all the welcomes in one place, but i also didnt want to start a thread about Valparaiso in case it had been covered before. Generally im a good boy so you wont have future probs with me ;) Anyway, this is hijacking so back on topic (see, i learn fast too).

Gaz.

Lance
20th September 2005, 08:59 PM
[hands Drak a really really big glass of whiskey and Coke, made with Coca Cola classic and a fine 20 year-old Kentucky bourbon.] [yes, i am occasionally an extravagant philistine. tsk. mixing 20 year-old Kentucky bourbon with aNything. sacrilege, i know.]
[hands everybody else a welcoming glass of same mixture, too]

Drakkenmensch
20th September 2005, 10:05 PM
*smiles and gladly accepts Lance's glass of whiskey and coke*

Thank you mate! Looks like some good drinking!

*offers Lance a glass of his personal favorite, a very spicy and burning bloody caesar*

eLhabib
20th September 2005, 10:33 PM
while you are at it, hand me that bottle of vintage coke, and bring me some 3yrs havanna to go with it. cheers :D