PDA

View Full Version : Delta Pack Revision?

mischiefdemon
19th September 2005, 08:08 AM
Just wondering, has anyone confirmed that there will be a revision release of the delta pack with the bugs fixed?

Dogg Thang
19th September 2005, 09:29 AM
Foxy said there would be - possibly today, although nothing is guaranteed.

mischiefdemon
19th September 2005, 09:33 AM
Thats a shame. I guess they'll let us know if they sort it out.

I wish they'd change the names of the Puma ships while they're at it.

As I've said before, Puma Alpha and Puma Beta, would be more appropriate names (And would fit better in the universe than Puma 1 and Puma 2.)

Does that annoy anyone else?

Sausehuhn
19th September 2005, 09:39 AM
yep.
Puma 1 and Puma 2 sound's like somebody had no ideas. I'm not sure about Alpha and Beta, because it's too close to the leagues.
But still Alpha and Beta would be better than 1 and 2...

mischiefdemon
19th September 2005, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I'm using Alpha and Beta as an example. They could be anything, just please, a bit more creative that 1&2. I don't know about anyone else, but this is a bit of an illusion crusher for me. Just doesn't fit in the WO world.

I think thats the biggest issue I have with the Delta pack. I don't even mind the 'in your face' puma billboards as much as I thought.

Sausehuhn
19th September 2005, 09:50 AM
Puma isn't that advertised on the Delta tracks as the Coca Cola thing was. Where the big Cola bottles were, there now advertisments for Feisar etc.
I have no problems with the Puma advertisments as long as they're not in every track and Delta only.

mischiefdemon
19th September 2005, 09:58 AM
I don't mind it at all. Its no where near as bad as everyone was indicating the Advertising would be.

Dogg Thang
19th September 2005, 10:31 AM
The major difference with the Coke pack is that JP owners get to play the Delta pack ad-free if they so choose. That same luxury has not been given to the Europeans.

mischiefdemon
19th September 2005, 10:33 AM
I hope its something they plan to do in the future.

lunar
19th September 2005, 11:57 AM
If the Classic track bug is going to be fixed I would imagine this could take a bit longer. It`ll be great to have all the artwork - there`s some really beautiful stuff in the Delta gallery.

randomperson1
19th September 2005, 05:07 PM
Is there anyone on SL on this forum?
If so, can you please re-release the Delta Pack?

The tracks are fine, and so are the skins (at least you can turn them off, eh).

But the ships NEED sorting out.
Deadvertising and naming them would be a good idea.

Maybe Puma 1 could be renamed 'Al-Vaskei', and puma 2 could be replaced with the nx1000.
What do my fellow wipers think of this idea?
(P.S. please remove the bugs too)

Drakkenmensch
19th September 2005, 05:12 PM
There are several designers and programmers from Studio Liverpool on th eforum, yes, they are aware of the glitches in the pack.

Sausehuhn
19th September 2005, 05:12 PM
I don't think SL will be able to change the ships and their skins. I'm sure Sony has a cooperation with Puma. They won't be really happy when the advertisment wouldn't be there anymore.

But I could imagine a 2nd skin for the Puma Ships (and Tigron and Van Uber btw) with a smaller "Puma" and an "Al-Vaskei" on the sites.
Maybe Puma would be fine with that.

Seek100
19th September 2005, 07:37 PM
I'd personally rather they just add an 'off' switch in the options for the Puma ships, and the Medievil and Zone while they're at it, every race I do now I have both Puma ships and the Medievil as competition always. This means there are only 4 other 'real' teams I'm competing against, this rather shatters my suspension of disbelief. A patch to give the option to exclude non-historical teams (i.e. the standard 8 plus the 4 download pack teams) is really becoming necessary, if they continue to add sponsored teams like this eventually the player ship will be the only wipEout craft on the track! :evil:

Drakkenmensch
19th September 2005, 07:39 PM
Anyone else notice that there's less and less complaining about the US version NOT having exclusive sponsored content? ;)

Lance
19th September 2005, 09:22 PM
LOL
point taken :)

Vortex
20th September 2005, 06:44 PM
Wouldn't speak too soon, if the Euro version of the Delta league has sponsorship I can't imagine SCEA wanting to miss out.

So is the Euro version worth getting to go alongside my US and Jap versions? I was going to wait until all of the downloadable content was available before buying yet another copy of this game. Probably I will wait to see what the Omega stuff is like.

randomperson1
21st September 2005, 03:45 PM
another thing- where did the 16 track tournament go?
the revision should include that, too

Predator
24th September 2005, 08:20 AM
I'm rookie here, and I'm guessing that when you have an American PSP, you can't even download the European online content, put it on your stick and load it in the US version of the game?

As for now, I'm not even able to download the content, but I NEED the Puma tracks. I adore Puma, great brand! :roll:

Egg
24th September 2005, 09:22 AM
US version = only US downloads. That's how we can do region-specific content.

Predator
27th September 2005, 08:52 PM
I just tried downloading the content from the WipeEout PurE website, however it seems that eventhough you could own the European version of the game you still need to register an European PSP to be able to download the content. WHAT THE ****!? ... So I need to buy myself another PSP to be able to download the content from the internet or I need a copy of the game and download it via wlan? ... That's just crazy, what if you don't have wlan? Typically Sony of course...

lunar
27th September 2005, 09:30 PM
did you try registering your PSP 1000 or 1001 as a 1003 bought on 1st September. This has worked for some people, though not for all. :?

randomperson1
28th September 2005, 03:12 PM
it seems that eventhough you could own the European version of the game you still need to register an European PSP to be able to download the content. WHAT THE ****!? ...

You need the number on the inside of the psp by the batery, then just lie about the date purchased and serial no. Little white lies never hurt anyone...

How many times do I have to say this... :brickwall

Lance
28th September 2005, 08:13 PM
say what? the serial number thing? or the little white lies? :D

randomperson1
29th September 2005, 03:36 PM
the serial no. thing...