PDA

View Full Version : yourpsp.com registration

Renegäde
18th September 2005, 09:23 PM
I keep getting this each time i try to register at yourpsp.com. I have a PSP-1000 and have told it im using a PSP-1003 and 1004 but it still gives me this message. Does anyone have another method to getting hold of the Gamma and Delta packs or even an account i could use to get them if thats possible? Please help im desperate to race on the new Delta tracks. :cry:

Thanks

lunar
18th September 2005, 09:32 PM
I created my yourpsp account before the PSP Euro launch, at which time you did not have to enter your model and serial number. Since the euro launch, people who did this have to "upgrade" their account by entering model and serial number. I just did this with no trouble at all, using a PSP1000. Are you sure you are using the correct serial number, which is located underneath the battery?

Otherwise, I can only suggest finding a wireless link somewhere and downloading via the in-game download feature, which works a treat.

Why on earth they won`t let us properly register a PSP 1000-1002 in the UK defeats me. It`s just control-freakery, and it drives people to underground download services, which is the opposite of what Sony want in the first place. By the time people come to register on your psp they`ve already got their machines - they`re not going to buy another one just to register, and this will only piss customers off. It`s not as if it`s in any way illegal or unreasonable to put a European game in a Japanese PSP and seek to access the full features that the game offers.

Renegäde
18th September 2005, 09:44 PM
Well i too have already had a yourpsp.com account but ive tryed both upgrading and creating a new user and neither works.

And yeah im using the code underneath the battery and im not really sure how the wireless linking stuff works to be honest. Im really getting ticked off with it.

Renegäde
19th September 2005, 07:02 PM
Well still can't register to it but i managed to get hold of the packs from a friend. Thanks for the help anywho.

Rouni Kenshin#1
19th September 2005, 11:10 PM
:?:

when i go ther and click on the US tab i just sends me to www.playstation.com

richchestmat
27th September 2005, 10:44 PM
After a bit of Googling I discovered that you can register a japanese model by choosing the 1003 model and replacing the J in your serial number with a K. Works just fine.

Of course if you have the japanese wipeout pure disc then you can only normally update via the ingame browser - so the download add-in packs from yourpsp.com are of no use to you.

But darn it my PSP is white! White I tells ya!

randomperson1
28th September 2005, 03:13 PM
You don't even need to put 'K'

Renegäde
28th September 2005, 06:26 PM
Oh kool. Well thanks for the help guys, i'll give it a try when i get home. (I cant wait to get my white psp!)

eLhabib
28th September 2005, 06:34 PM
didn't work out for me at all. any help would be welcome... :?

Omni Requiem
29th September 2005, 10:42 AM
Do you have a similar problem? Which model is your PSP?

Actually,on anoher note, has anyone else recieved a free movie for registering with yourpsp.com? I recieved one in the post this morning.

eLhabib
29th September 2005, 10:45 AM
I have a 1000 model. I figure the trick of rgistering under 1003 only works with a 1001 model...

lunar
29th September 2005, 11:15 AM
I`ve got a 1000 and registered it okay, last week. This seemed to work for everyone at the time of euro launch. Maybe only certain serial numbers or batches of them will work. Whatever, this is crazy - and if Sony don`t improve their service by the time paid PSP downloadable content comes around they`ll only be costing themselves customers and money.