PDA

View Full Version : Eur Delta is up now!

bakeded
16th September 2005, 08:13 AM
Go get it!

bakeded
16th September 2005, 08:17 AM
I think the puma ships are going to be well liked! :wink:

captain chickenpants
16th September 2005, 08:18 AM
Hmm, It isn't on wipeoutpure.com or yourpsp.com yet!
Heres hoping that I don't have to go through the same rigmarole I had to, to get the gamma pack!

bakeded
16th September 2005, 08:23 AM
puma 1 has
4 speed
3 shield
5 handling
3 thrust

puma 2 has
4 speed
4 shield
3 handling
2 thrust

Hellfire_WZ
16th September 2005, 08:23 AM
Could someone post the craft details (and preferably one or two screenshots) when they get it so I can update the FAQ?

EDIT: Damn, that was quick! :lol:

mischiefdemon
16th September 2005, 08:25 AM
Where are people getting this from. I can't see it anywhere?

Hellfire_WZ
16th September 2005, 08:26 AM
Probably direct download through the PSP. Only way if it isn't on the site yet.

captain chickenpants
16th September 2005, 08:27 AM
Where are people getting this from. I can't see it anywhere?
I am guessing it is available via the in-game browser. I haven't seen it on yourpsp.com or on wipeoutpure.com

mischiefdemon
16th September 2005, 08:28 AM
Yeah it must be. Damn it. That means I can't get at it until I get home from work!!!

brokenvoice
16th September 2005, 08:43 AM
How does in-game downloading actually work? All I get when I select the online menu is a blue/grey screen with a wee FX300 logo on the top left and nothing else seems to happen.

I reckon I'm missing something but I have no idea what it is.

lunar
16th September 2005, 09:00 AM
Not sure what your problem is..... if you get a connection you just hit downloads - accept - choose your pack - select the big square icon for the pack you want and then it downloads. If you`re not seeing all that your internet connection isn`t right.

Downloading now..... but bugger it I`ve got a lot of work on today. :evil:

mischiefdemon
16th September 2005, 09:20 AM
So, what do we actually get in the delta pack then guys?

brokenvoice
16th September 2005, 09:23 AM
I can get connected to the net no problem but I just get the screen I described above and nothing seems to happen.

If I hit the start button, I get a menu saying:CONTINUE
GO TO HOME PAGE
QUITor something along those lines. If I pick continue or home page, nothing continues to happen.

I just can't figure this out for the life of me but it isn't behaving as expected.

eLhabib
16th September 2005, 10:04 AM
brokenvoice:

that grey screen with the little swirling logo on the top left comes up when you are loading a page. It can take long sometimes, depending on the speed of the internet connection you are connected to. also, be sure to turn the WLAN POWERSAVE setting (in your PSP menu) OFF - if it's ON it will slow your traffic.

lunar
16th September 2005, 10:04 AM
Seems like the main page isn`t loading. So your PSP internet browser works OK? If so, I don`t know what to suggest, really - hope you get it working it must be very frustrating, but try what ElHabib says /\

bakkufu
16th September 2005, 10:13 AM
So, what do we actually get in the delta pack then guys?

As far as I can see...

New menu skins for all remaining teams ( AG Systems etc ) including 2 Puma skins.
4 New tracks
2 new ships ( See above )
Delta Tournament

mischiefdemon
16th September 2005, 10:17 AM
Ok, thanks for that.

I don't know if I'm gonna be too fussed about those ships tho... Which other team has two entries? Doesn't seem fair to me.

I think I'd rather have some of the classic WO teams we were missing.

Is there any news of getting the other teams in the UK?

Hellfire_WZ
16th September 2005, 10:17 AM
Are any of the tracks branded, and what does the second craft look like?

Dogg Thang
16th September 2005, 10:24 AM
They are all branded in Delta - I have to say personally I think they're pretty tasteless. The second craft reminds me of a WO3 craft like Goteki but with Puma branding on it.

brokenvoice
16th September 2005, 10:26 AM
Bah!

Still getting the same problems with the in-game downloads and strangely, my PSP web browser works just fine. I've had this issue on 2 wifi networks, but I'll persevere.

In the meantime, it's available from YourPSP so I got it from there.

Thanks for the tips, ell. I'll give them a shot later today.

Ragnar
16th September 2005, 10:47 AM
Everybody to yourpsp.com, ipso facto!!!
11.22 mb

mischiefdemon
So is the Puma branding really obvious on everything? Don't like the sound of that!

lunar
I`m in two minds about the ships: Puma, after all, does sound like it could be an AG-Racing team, but then in my mind I know it isn`t, and furthermore they`re not done particularly well. The colours and overall paintjobs are too weak: they don`t look like real teams.

At least, judging by the stats, it doesn`t look like they`ve been made into superships to make everyone use them - but I haven`t played them enough to know for sure, and Puma 1 does look like it might be very fast.

I haven`t tried the delta tracks but it`ll be disapointing if they`re permanently branded. It would have been better if Puma had been given their own section of the game - where you race the Puma ships on the Puma track/s in the Puma challenge - similar to how the downloads worked out in Japan, though with sponsor-exclusive tracks and ships that don`t go near the main game - keeping sponsors happy and not ruining the suspension of disbelief. As it is I think this may have a negative effect on the game overall, but I would like to know other things about the Delta pack - whether it allows Puma ships into races as AI opponents, and whether Puma branding pops up in your face on the original tracks. I`m not sure if its that bad yet, but if I`ve paid good money for a game, a number one selling game in this case, why should I have to look at adverts?

bakkufu
16th September 2005, 10:53 AM
the Puma ships turn up randomly just like Medieval and Zone do in races.

As for branding its a bit obvious in the puma tracks, but it doesnt seem to have taken over much of the rest of the game.

Egg
16th September 2005, 11:00 AM
Only the animated billboards propogate through the rest of the game. With the Delta Pack in place, you should start to see Icaras ads occasionally popping up throughout Citta Nuova, for example.

bakkufu
16th September 2005, 11:02 AM
I like the way thats done I must admit, because it really makes the teams added since launch really fit in.

Hellfire_WZ
16th September 2005, 11:32 AM
That second ship... it's a branded Auricom, isn't it? Stats are the same, looks the same... :? I hope it is anyway or we're gonna need another craft name.

Drakkenmensch
16th September 2005, 12:59 PM
Personally, I really don't mind the branding that much, except for the color scheme on the Puma ships of that doesn't quite do it for me. The Puma 2 didn't remind me of the original Goteki as someone observed, it's not quite as exaggerated boxlike in shape, but rather more of the Qirex from 2097/XL.

Just a matter of personal taste, in the end!

Okay, just noticed my Delta pack has no unlockable art for the Vector Delta tournament. Anyone else noticing this?

infoxicated
16th September 2005, 01:03 PM
You've nailed it - it is like a cross between the W3 Goteki and the 2097 Qirex.

Hmmm.

Gotex..?

Qireki...?

Qiteki...?

Qiteki's Castle? ;)

Drakkenmensch
16th September 2005, 01:08 PM
Qorex?

Qitex?

Gorex?

Te-Rex! It can even be sponsored by the Hammond's foundation for destroying the out of control Jurassik Park!

lunar
16th September 2005, 01:13 PM
Gotex - sounds like a "feminine hygiene" product - not a lot worse than Haribo really. :wink:

Maybe Gotex could be a sponsored ship for the next wipeout game, when it finally completes its transformation into corporate wacky races. Might as well ditch Qirex et al, and just go for a battle of sports clothing and soft drink manufacturers.

Regarding the track-branding - I suppose if I see a competely OTT twenty five or so Puma billboards, rather than just five visible but not intrusive ones, I`m much more likely to run out and buy myself a pair of Puma trainers, am I? I can`t help feeling, when I`m racing in Puma world, battling for first place with the Puma ship, whether it really had to be this way? In Japan they managed to introduce sponsorship and leave the main game alone, I think.

the tracks themselves, though, are fantastic - well up to the usual standard we have come to expect and enjoy. :D

infoxicated
16th September 2005, 01:30 PM
Agreed - all four of them are very good, although I'm still waiting for a track with a nice flat downhill straght... why do they all have to be bloody wobbly wobbly sidey-sidey like the Sebenco Climb downhill? :) :?

infoxicated
16th September 2005, 01:34 PM
Okay, just noticed my Delta pack has no unlockable art for the Vector Delta tournament. Anyone else noticing this?Turns out there's a bug in the pack - the art is missing. If you want the art you'll have to re-download it when the new version has been uploaded, although I'd give it until Monday now. :oops:

Drakkenmensch
16th September 2005, 01:36 PM
The Classic pack should make you happy then! Altima VII has an awesome downhill just before a huge uphill and high jump - and the downhill is perfectly flat and level. It even allows for doing a LOT of air if your speed is good.

EDIT: The single races do have their art - it's the tourneys that are missing it.

bakkufu
16th September 2005, 01:50 PM
when it comes to reinstalling packs I have a question or two there...

Do you delete the pack from the saved game utility, then just redownload the pack?
Also would I lose the stats for the races from the races I've completed?

Drakkenmensch
16th September 2005, 01:51 PM
That would be the way to go about reinstalling a pack, yes. And you wouldn't lose your stats, those are stored in your player profile folder, not in the download pack folder. I reinstalled several packs so far and never lost anything.

bakkufu
16th September 2005, 01:57 PM
good to hear, I've not had to reinstall anything yet and mentions of a "bugged" delta pack and the need to reinstall made me think...

I do like delta so far, I agree that the new ships need a SERIOUS re-paint at some point and I was hoping that for the desert circuit there would be...

well...

some desert terrain...

All in though I'm loving my AG 5Y5 branded menu's and several new courses to blast around!

Dogg Thang
16th September 2005, 02:07 PM
It's 'descent', not 'desert'...

Seek100
16th September 2005, 02:33 PM
Well this is about as much fun as a knife in the eye covered in lemon juice and sprinkled with salt. :D The pack appears on wipeoutpure.com under latest packages but when you click more information, it brings up the info and d/l for the Gamma pack. It's not on yourpsp.co.uk or .com either.

Not to mention the thought of the Puma branding and TWO ships, not content with ruining the ship lineup once Puma have to do it twice over :roll: I wouldn't mind if it was just 1 or 2 billboards very thinly scattered but ships and a whole branded tournament!? Was it impossible for us to have gotten things tha same way as the Japs? They could choose wether or not to f**k-up their game with big corporate sponsors. I think I'm gonna go burn down some Puma warehouses in retaliation for this, or at least I'll never buy any of their products ever again... LOL

captain chickenpants
16th September 2005, 02:38 PM
I must say I am happy to be getting this extra content. It does make you feel you are getting your money's worth.

On that topic, can someone say how does this compare against other Wipeout Games?
Does it look like you get a similar number of tracks with the plain Wipeout Pure as you would in the older versions, or does it look like they held tracks back from the release so that they could then release them in these packs?

Never had any of the other games (yes I am a Wipeout newbie) so can't tell how this compares to the older games.

Paul.

Drakkenmensch
16th September 2005, 02:39 PM
Nobody's forcing you to download those FREE packs, really.

Right now it seems only the wireless access through the in-game menu works correctly to download the delta pack, AFAIK.

brokenvoice
16th September 2005, 02:51 PM
I've got it via yourpsp.com with no problems. Puma 1 is nice but I'm damned if I'm going to pilot a floating advert.

Mobius
16th September 2005, 03:13 PM
I never thought i would ue either of the Puma skins but the graphite "SOoo fast" skin looks quite nice. The ships look a little flimsy but i will proably use Puma 2, because it is a twin hull ship.

The tracks themselves are quite original and a bit whacky in places, as if they were some of the tracks originally designed but dropped for being main ones. (Wip3out apparantly had 20 concept tracks, only 8 making the game and a further 4 as protos) in this case these are the protos without the neotronic paintjob.

And does anyone else feel a bit agoraphobic with the environment? Its the fact is a huge backdrop but the fact you are also inside which makes me feel a bit uneasy, rather than the outdoor tracks making me feel weird. Yes i know it's a game but i don't particulaly like that. But thats me and i am a bit off the wall. :?

Anyway, verdict from me... thumbs up :D

Sumimasen
16th September 2005, 03:14 PM
Am I the only person that thinks the Puma stuff is actually really good?

The way I look at it is that Puma do actually have pretty heavy links to modern day motorsport, so this is about the least far fetched tie-in so far. I also really like the look of the Puma 2 ship - VERY W'O" Retro! 8)

I know that all this re-branding has attracted a lot of negative attention, but I personally approve of this pack, and the Puma branding, so I'd like to offer a wholehearted pat on the back and 'job well done' to the guys at Studio Liverpool! :D

Jittery-Joe
16th September 2005, 03:16 PM
I've got it via yourpsp.com with no problems. Puma 1 is nice but I'm damned if I'm going to pilot a floating advert.

I'm with you, this smacks of Sony selling out (again)

[edit] Actually: I can't say I'm that impressed with the Delta pack as a whole...

Jambo
16th September 2005, 03:22 PM
Thats a good point, Puma sponsor at least one major formula one team - Williams.

The thing is if Puma pay for it does it mean more money to make more downloads?

If this is the case I am happy to look at some billboards!!

Anyways I haven't got it yet but will be getting it once i head home from work in about half an hour!

Jittery-Joe
16th September 2005, 03:25 PM
Is there a way, short of unintsaling packs, to remove or switch off the extra teams?

mischiefdemon
16th September 2005, 03:30 PM
Its a shame.... its going to be hours before I get home to check this out.... I'll just be glad with some new tracks. Not too fussed about the puma branding... unless its really in your face.

randomperson1
16th September 2005, 03:31 PM
can someone post some screens on here

Hyper Shadow
16th September 2005, 03:59 PM
You know I was worried at first, I thoght the two Puma ships were rebranded Goteki45 and Icaras ships. But maybe not, I hope they appear in the next packs.

But on the other hand, if the choice is between purchasing downloads and branded downloads, I can put up with these bill boards for the rest of the life of the game. I don't find them very obtrusive at all, I can live with them.

Loving the pack.

Drakkenmensch
16th September 2005, 04:12 PM
The Puma ships are nothing like the Goteki45 which appears in the Classic packs, and the Icaras should prove to be equally unique in design :)

Colin Berry
16th September 2005, 04:13 PM
Agreed - all four of them are very good, although I'm still waiting for a track with a nice flat downhill straght... why do they all have to be bloody wobbly wobbly sidey-sidey like the Sebenco Climb downhill? :) :?

because I like wobbly wobbly sidey sidey bits

:)

infoxicated
16th September 2005, 04:15 PM
Just because that's what the road looks like when you're on the way home from the pub most nights, doesn't mean every single straight in the game has to be like that! :twisted:

Colin Berry
16th September 2005, 04:21 PM
On that topic, can someone say how does this compare against other Wipeout Games?
Does it look like you get a similar number of tracks with the plain Wipeout Pure as you would in the older versions, or does it look like they held tracks back from the release so that they could then release them in these packs?

Wipeout had 7 tracks or was it 6 . ..7 I think.
Wipeout 2097 had 8
Wipeout 3 had 12 (counting the prototypes)
Wipeout Fusion had 24 (though 21 of those could be played in reverse) so 45 if you count them, I dont because its cheap unless its taken into account right from the start, it wasnt with fusion and at the start of pure we decided to concentrate on making the tracks play well and not worry about reverse.

Pure has 32 I think...... 16 on the UMD plus Gamma, Delta, Classic 2 and Omega downloads.

oh and.... Rob... they arent ALL like that... honest, but lets face it even on the strights you wibble wobble about :)

Hellfire_WZ
16th September 2005, 04:29 PM
I can vouch for that :wink: ...

*hides*

Jambo
16th September 2005, 04:58 PM
Currently, downloading, just got burnout legends but it can wait!!!

Jambo
16th September 2005, 05:09 PM
Early days yet, and yes lots of puma, but I do like the new tracks so far, ships, puma 1 is just way too red!

bakkufu
16th September 2005, 05:16 PM
It's 'descent', not 'desert'...

Umm mine's gotta be broken then because looking at the screen right now it definately says desert!!! 8O

Jambo
16th September 2005, 05:33 PM
Hmmm, have to say mine is descent....

bakkufu
16th September 2005, 05:49 PM
looks like a reinstall when I get home then :(

lec
16th September 2005, 06:11 PM
dum ass question.........(i'm sure that someone has mentioned it!!).....

if you have a american psp, and W.O game, can you down load the delta pack?....I would love to play 4 MORE tracks.

if i can't (which i think the answer will be that i can't) when we the american be able to download it?

Seek100
16th September 2005, 06:32 PM
The Americans got Classic 2 for their second set of downloads, us in Europe, we get Delta for the secondset, after this it'll switch round and you'll get the American unbranded Delta while we get the Classic 2 stuff.

After viewing everything I will partially recant my earlier venemous statements, the Puma team ships are nice, though I really don't see why they needed 2 of them, I'm happy with the Qirex-a-like (Puma 2) and think that's exactly how purE's Qirex should have looked, instead of looking like an Eldar grav tank. It even has the diamond shaped cockpit from the hi-poly model they used in the 2097 intro. :D Puma 1 is a bit too good stats wise and I'm not too interested in flying it or flying against it. It's a nice design but it looks so like an Icaras I wouldn't be surprised if this was a retexture of that ship.

My only substantial complaint that remains is the excessive branding of the Delta pack, I mean billboards here and there would have been fine but this is just too much giant wall covering holographic thingies everywhere is too much. Oh and 'Sooo Fast' is a crap slogan. IMO.

eLhabib
16th September 2005, 07:10 PM
PICTURES, PLEASE! some people, including me, don't have the euro version, and would REALLY REALLY like to see the stuff we are discussing about!

Thanks in advance :)

Mobius
16th September 2005, 08:04 PM
i would love to help but there is a cronic shortage of AAA batteries in my house, so, sorry.

lunar
16th September 2005, 08:20 PM
I`m putting some in my file manager now - but beware they`re absolutely shocking. My digicam is about the quality of a service station giveaway, and you can`t turn off the flash so I had to put my finger over it - which explains the mysterious new weapon on some of the shots. I will delete them as soon as someone offers you something better.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=518

lower your expectations now.... and then some more..... these screenshots are terrible.

sorry they`re such embarrassingly bad quality. I did pick out the Puma bits - but I`d estimate at least 50% of each track is this heavily branded.

the tracks though are going to ROCK on phantom - they`re all speedways :D

Hyper Shadow
16th September 2005, 08:47 PM
Just racing through these circuits, i've noticed that the only 'heavily branded' bit is the stadium/start-finish straight. Makes sense really, because thats where you are stationary for the most time, and the 'fans in the stadium can see them'.

Besides, is this complaining coming from the fact that it is Puma, and not a WipEout team? There are millions of team branded billboards, but no-one complains about them.

Purist
16th September 2005, 08:53 PM
:D
Sorry for the fuzzy shots and lack of action on track but this should at least give you SOME idea... tsk! - when did all our members get so lazy? :( EDIT: I stand corrected, thanks lunar!

The footage is in PSP format so drag the MPEG4 into your MP_ROOT -> 100MNV01 folder. I'm not a firmware v2.00 user until I get my hands on a nice new Japanese white one so I dunno if it works the same or not for newbie PSP's.

PUMA 1 skin (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/PUMA1.jpg)
PUMA 2 skin (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/PUMA2.jpg)
PUMA 1 ship (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/PUMA1SHIP.jpg)
PUMA 2 ship (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/PUMA2SHIP.jpg)
PUMA 2 piccy 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/PUMA2SHIP-2.jpg)
PUMA 2 piccy 3 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/PUMA2SHIP-3.jpg)

FOOTAGE!!! (http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OFXHJ00HJEI12HHMYR6KDMFS1)

stin
16th September 2005, 09:33 PM
Purist!, why are your hands are shaking?.......maybe not enough drink over the black cat? lol!

stevie :D

lunar
16th September 2005, 09:38 PM
I wouldn`t agree that only the start/finish areas are heavily branded. There are many parts on the tracks, when you are in a tunnel, that all you can see on either side are massive Puma logos. It`s just so banal. There`s simply no need to have a logo almost every step of the way for us to notice them.

Purist
16th September 2005, 10:10 PM
Here be it! (http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OFXHJ00HJEI12HHMYR6KDMFS1)

Rapier Racer
16th September 2005, 10:24 PM
I like the tracks, not sure about all the Puma signs I agree there may be one to many but I alos noticed that the Delta tracks are covered with team logos as well, the ships however will be used for plasma practice and for practice with any other high power weapon that might come my way :twisted:

Drakkenmensch
16th September 2005, 10:37 PM
I have the same feelings for the Coke ship once it's released on the japanese version ;)

Seek100
17th September 2005, 01:29 AM
It's fairly obvious those of us complaining about the branding are complaining about the Puma branding and not the team billboards, of course there are gonna be the bloody team billboards, but they're fictional, they're not gonna convince us to go out and buy a Feisar, cause there's no such thing. Also the music artist advertising is acceptable, because they are actually contributing to the game, Puma just paid Sony a wad of cash to be put into the game. Plus with Coca-Cola it's a copy of Koltiwa and a copy of the Nx1000 ship, you don't have to use the Coca-Cola branded versions to have the full game, because you'll still have the unbranded Koltiwa track in the Delta pack. We were not given a choice wether we want Puma in the Delta pack which the Japanese owners got with no outside advertising. If a Euro owner wants the full proper game they have to have the Puma stuff, so far the other markets can get all tracks without outside advertising. That's what all the ruckus is about.

BTW I've read there's a glitch with the images not showing up after you win medals, I can see the images for time trial and single race Delta medals, only the tournament medal didn't show up after I finished them on Vector.

randomperson1
17th September 2005, 12:53 PM
delta is now live on the non-in game website today. enjoy! :D

lunar
17th September 2005, 01:21 PM
I love the strip lights in the floor of the track on these courses - absolutely inspired. Also the shortcut on one of the tracks is very well done - there`s not too much to gain by it and taking it is a big risk in multiplayer - it`s Bomb Alley :evilgrin It`s good that the AI ships use it too - it always used to annoy me in SSX Tricky when the AI boarders were just too dumb to take the quickest way.

Going back a few posts - I`m a big fan of wibbly wobbly. The wobbliest of them all, Mandrashee, is my favourite track at the moment :dizzy I love the unpredictable nature of these sections - like how the ship behaves sometimes on the straight at Vineta - it really adds an "on the edge" feeling to the game.

eLhabib
17th September 2005, 01:34 PM
speaking of wobbly on-the-edge feeling, the chicanes at the end of sebenco climb can get REALLY wobbly sometimes, and everytime I am wondering afterwards 'how the hell did I just make it through there without a scratch?!' great stuff.

Drakkenmensch
17th September 2005, 01:38 PM
I found in time trials that the Anulpha Pass's elevated shortcut is the only way to go if you're going to make gold time. no turns to slow you down and twice the speed pads, plus an opportunity to barrel roll at the end. Perfection for the speed maniac!

Seek100
17th September 2005, 02:50 PM
I only noticed the shortcut after getting gold. In my Feisar, to say it was a frustrating experience to realise I made life harder for myself not taking the shortcut is an understatement. :oops: :roll:

All the Delta time trials seem fairly easy so far except Kara Descent, man that one was a real be-hotch, I must admit I ended up 'cheating' - I used the Zone ship cause I really couldn't be bothered to struggle with Feisar, did manage a silver with Feisar though.

Drakkenmensch
17th September 2005, 03:41 PM
I managed to pull it off in Piranha, though it took many attempts in order to figure out the best use of my turbos. Here's what I do:

After hitting the last speed pad just before the split, I hit the turbo and take the RIGHT half. I barrel roll right at the first jump, the turbo giving me barely enough time to pull it off, then hug the left side of the lane as I go down. When the two lanes connect again, make sure to veer left to hit the double speed pads.

The rest is just careful piloting and hitting all available speed pads.

Sausehuhn
17th September 2005, 05:15 PM
the Delta leagues don't have any artworks and at first, when I tryed to watch at the other gold medalls after trying to look at the Delta ones I got different colord screens istead of artworks. After going back to the main menu and trying again and again it worked. But the Delta leagues still don't have any artworks :(
and I read that the pack is bugged. It's not possible to fly Puma1 on the classic tracks, you can take it, but you will get Puma2.

lunar
17th September 2005, 06:15 PM
Maybe the classic tracks have built in taste-code. The Puma ships annoy the hell out of me - possibly even more than the branding on the tracks.

You could now have a situation where you`re on a tournament in the main game, with Medievil, Puma 1 and Puma 2 as some of your opponents - leaving just four actual wipeout ships for you to race against. In that case it has in some ways ceased to be wipeout and has become something quite different - certainly not the game I paid for. Sure, someone can say I don`t have to have the Delta pack - but then I can`t have the complete game. When I bought the game it didn`t say anywhere that I would have to watch advertising to enjoy the game as a whole. It didn`t say that having advertising in the original content, in the form of the Puma ships, would be a condition of enjoying some later downloadable content. Sony have covered their arses with disclaimers, I`m sure - but this is sneaky, coercive and it`s a sellout. It would be difficult to argue that this sponsorship is commercially necessary either, in such a good selling game. The game is surely profitable anyway, but this is profiteering.

I really don`t want to sound ungrateful - because I do love the game and I think it`s fantastic value for money, but I said before that I wouldn`t have minded this if the advertising had been balanced and proportionate. It could have been much more subtle, had less of an impact on the game, and still been effective for Puma. In effect, though, it is completely unbalanced. Many TV shows and films have sponsored elements in them and benefit from sponsor funding to increase profits - but a TV programme with this amount of sponsorship simply would not be allowed on air in the UK - as the sponsorship would have become more important than the programme itself, with editorial and creative content losing its independence. The reasoning behind these rules is sound: they are intended to stop TV becoming an endless stream of overt and covert advertisements. We need these rules to protect viewers from greedy corporations - so they can trust what they are watching. Games are a more unregulated market, in this respect, and much more open to abuse - if you look at the pattern of sponsorship in Wipeout Pure every step just pushes sponsor intrusion a little bit further. Accept this, which we will, and Wipeout Pure 2 will contain even more sponsorship. This is the thin end of the wedge, I`m afraid.

Nio
17th September 2005, 07:39 PM
Puma I is not available for Classic Tracks, instead you get Puma 2. Is this a bug? Will it be removed?

The Puma Advertising in de Delta Tracks is a real overkill, will there be a Release without Ads lateron? Or maybe with less Ads? I am gonna by some Puma stuff now, though. I like the way they try to reach me.

randomperson1
17th September 2005, 08:32 PM
I quite like the new dowbnloads.

all of the skins (including thge puma ones) are great, the tracks are brilliant and I don't really mind the ad billboards.
but, although the ships are nice, their livery is awful! SL, could you remake the ships as unbranded new ones, please?

Drakkenmensch
17th September 2005, 09:30 PM
Considering that Puma paid SL to have its brand in the game, it would probably be a breach on contractual obligations to remove the Puma branding from the ships.

However, might it be possible to create an alternate livery mode, just like the 8 basic ships have?

Seek100
18th September 2005, 03:26 AM
TBH if they're gonna add any livery mode skins to the downloadable ships I'd much rather they concentrate on the real teams, Tigron, Van-Über, the Goteki45 and Icaras, they deserve livery modes more than the Puma ships. I doubt SL will though, there's much more interesting stuff to make than reskining those 4 ships.

Nio
18th September 2005, 06:21 AM
Please, can anybody confirm my Problem:
I am not able to use Puma I for Classis Tracks.
(am also not able to post a thread about this.)

Drakkenmensch
18th September 2005, 08:03 AM
That's already been confirmed in other threads.

mischiefdemon
18th September 2005, 01:18 PM
I'm not minding the on track branding that much. I am however annoyed that puma got 2 ships. Both of them look quite nice granted but none of the other teams got 2 ships.... also, couldn't the guys at SL think of anything more creative to call the 2 ships... Puma Alpha and Puma Beta would have at least fit in with the style of the game more than Puma 1 & Puma 2... Come on!

Also is there any official word that the reported bugs are going to be fixed?

I know it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not. I'm all for the extra content and as above mentioned I quite like it. It just stikes me that the planning was a bit rushed on this release.

If the above mentioned things could possibly be fixed along with the bugs I'd be a very happy bunny with the delta pack :)

Nio
18th September 2005, 02:07 PM
It's actually no extra content, cause it was already announced before the game was realeased (in europe). So IMHO these tracks are no extras, they are part of the actual game.
see for example: http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/mag.dyn/Features/2493.html

So why aren't these trackes already included within the original disc? This disc can hold up to 1.8GB, but WP only uses about 300MB or so. But all the tracks will require about 40MB on a MS-Duo.

The Sims Extensions are Extra Content, cause they were not planed from the beginnen. They cost money, though.

Will there be any "real" extras like WRIE05 or Coca-Cola for Europe?

Sausehuhn
18th September 2005, 02:11 PM
the Omega-packs.
4 tracks designed by 4 european designers. available for Europe only.

Mobius
18th September 2005, 03:12 PM
The wire 05 and coca cola d/l's aren't real ones, they are just rehashes of one of the tracks in the delta league.

Guff
18th September 2005, 07:30 PM
Need a little help.....

Got a 1000 psp so i can't register @ yourpsps.com.
+ I don't have wi-fi

So euh.. i can't seem to get the latest delta pack :(

Need a little help 8O

Hellfire_WZ
18th September 2005, 07:34 PM
You can register, just say it is a 1003 or 1004 and put in your serial number. The serials aren't tied to the model.

Guff
18th September 2005, 07:46 PM
Well, i tried like 10 times now.. in dutch it says:
Het serienummer is niet geldig voor het ingevoerde modelnummer.
Which means:
The serial number is not valid for the selected modelnumber :(

edit by Lance: quotation eliminated. please read the guidelines.

Hellfire_WZ
18th September 2005, 08:41 PM
Hmm... mine worked fine and I'm using a 1000 happily registered as a 1003. Not sure what's going on there. :?

(BTW, delete the quote, there's no need to quote a post directly above)

Renegäde
18th September 2005, 09:00 PM
Ive just bought my PAL copy of wipeout pure and i cant register at yourpsp.com either, ive tryed methods in other topics but i also get

"The Serial Number is not a valid Serial Number for the Model Number selected"

Im desperate to try the new delta pack out, anyone know any other way i can get hold of the pack or another way to register on the site?

eLhabib
19th September 2005, 12:46 AM
for those who are having trouble downloading the delta pack from yourpsp.com, why don't you try the official purE site? www.wipeoutpure.com

Guff
19th September 2005, 07:55 AM
On the offiical site wipeoutpure.com you ALSO have to register at yourpsp.com 8O

Still no solution... :cry:

eLhabib
19th September 2005, 11:29 AM
8O since when??? didn't know that, sorry!

Guff
19th September 2005, 04:13 PM
I don't know since when but it is now :cry:

Any fellow pilot who can give me a hand? :?

Sausehuhn
19th September 2005, 04:19 PM
if you've Wireless Lan, you can download the packs with the in-Game browser.

randomperson1
19th September 2005, 04:39 PM
You do know the no. is by the battery, not on the bottom.

Guff
19th September 2005, 05:07 PM
if you've Wireless Lan, you can download the packs with the in-Game browser.

I don't have wi-fi :cry:

Sausehuhn
19th September 2005, 05:14 PM
but maybe you've a free hotspot in your village/town/city/what ever or a friend that has WiLan?

And yes, it's the numer under the battery, not anything differnt.