PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Fusion Zone Veterans

BaldyCurly
15th September 2005, 09:38 AM
Hi, all

I am interested to know if there are any of the "Old Boys" from the fusion forum kicking around on here?

Hellfire rings a bell, I am sure we used to chat?!? But I can't really remember the names of the people I used to chat with (old age i guess). I was known as "Chris" on the old Zone/Forum for fusion.

I have had my PSP a few days now and I was wondering what the benchmark is for Zone on the PSP? I remember that a guy from Oz (ogbo or something) was pretty dam fast, Zone 100+ on fusion, I even saw the Video he did to prove it too! There was also a guy from France who helped me out quite a bit too but can;t rememeber his name either.

Anyway, would love to hear from any of the old Zone boys and I would also love to know what Zone's I should be aiming for on Pure.

Cheers, Chris

Hellfire_WZ
15th September 2005, 10:03 AM
Well bugger me, it's been a while! How ya been? :D

BaldyCurly
15th September 2005, 10:17 AM
Nice to speak to you again, has been a very long while! I am good mate if not overworked and getting old!

You well and good??

I have not had my PSP long and I not gonna cane Zone on Pure until I have opened up the game a bit. On Fusion I unlocked Zone and kinder stayed there, you remember what it's like!!!

I can manage around the Zone 35 mark at the mo (slow I know but it's early days yet). Do you know how high Zone goes on the PSP, I remember a 63/64 limit on fusion before a reset occurred and things didn’t get any faster.

Any of the other zoners still kicking around hellfire?

Cheers, Chris

Hellfire_WZ
15th September 2005, 10:21 AM
Yeah, not bad at all. Stil trying to get everything sorted for next term at uni, bloody hectic.

I think the current record is something like 67 on Coridon 12, but there's been no reports of a speed cap. Mine is 55 on Pro Tozo. I'm not sure I'm going to get the hang of this one like I did with Fusion, but I'm definitely going to persevere with it. I think we stuck with Zone in Fusion because it was pretty much the only highlight of the game, the racing didn't feel right at all.

As for the others, Oggob hasn't posted here for a good year now, but Assayyeah's still around. Haven't seen him post for a bit though.

BaldyCurly
15th September 2005, 10:35 AM
Assayyeah, thats his name, good lad, helped me with a coupel of the fusion zone tracks!!!

Pure is a very good version of the game I think, much more like 2097. However I can't get used to the Sideshift method at all (yet). I used to tap-tap the airbrakes to control my slides and now this don't work so well, nor does reverse braking out of shape corners either, still early days yet.

Is there gonna be an official score board again do you know? I stopped using the old board/forum when they started have "Issues" with flooding and the like.

speak to you soon hellfire, it's good to be back!

Hellfire_WZ
15th September 2005, 11:24 AM
Foxy's working on some tables for WZ, I think these will be considered the "official" ones this time. I pretty much stayed on the sinking ship with regards to the official Fusion site, I was the last to leave. Got into an argument with some whelp over board etiquette and thought sod it. Boards shut down a week later.

Drakkenmensch
15th September 2005, 12:52 PM
I think the current record is something like 67 on Coridon 12... Mine is 55 on Pro Tozo.

*drinks coffee and does spit take when he reads the records*

DAMN!!! I feel puny with my records that barely reach 35! I need some serious practice here!!!

Hellfire_WZ
15th September 2005, 01:07 PM
I think you'd have had a heart attack if you'd have seen the zones we were hitting on Fusion. :wink:

eLhabib
15th September 2005, 01:07 PM
I would love zone mode if I didn't have to fly that damn zone ship :x :D

BaldyCurly
15th September 2005, 01:54 PM
Zone rocks, makes your eyes bleed!

Seriously, I love the fact that it just gets faster and faster until you can take no more, then you burn!

I am at zone 35 @ the mo but I have not really caned zone yet, only about an hour so far...

Some guys were into the 100's on fusion, although the spee did max out at zone 63 I think.

Nice to be chatting with some fellow wipeout freaks again! - Chris