PDA

View Full Version : Phantom is mine

kaiotheforsaken
14th September 2005, 07:19 AM
just unlocked phantom class and got to play my first run. i have never gotten such a rush from a game as i do with this. the speed is perfect, the handling of the craft fits me perfectly. i fit right in and i cant wait to start getting the final golds. if i wasn't a hardcore fan before, this sure has made me one. *picks up pure for another round*

MissileStrike
14th September 2005, 07:54 AM
Nice one! :) Have you tried doing Citta Nuova yet. Bastard of a track :x

Drakkenmensch
14th September 2005, 08:28 AM
Hee hee. Just you wait until you get to Karbonis ;) All I can say is... don't fly off the track!!!

mischiefdemon
14th September 2005, 08:39 AM
I had enough trouble flying off in Rapier.... lol... this should be amusing.

xEik
14th September 2005, 09:44 AM
Yesterday I played Sol2 in phantom for the first time and it is Pure speed.
Since I still haven't downloaded any pack, I don't know if there are faster tracks than Sol2 but a perfect lap in that track and class is bliss.

eLhabib
14th September 2005, 10:46 AM
Sargamatha is a very fast track, too, although you don't notice the speed so much due to the different graphics. As for the gamma tracks, Staten Park has the longest straight (well almost straight) in the game so far I believe, and Ubermall is quite a rush, too.

Not to mention Altima, that track is just FLYIN on phantom! 8O

username
14th September 2005, 10:48 AM
venita k is nicen easy too.

the only thing wrong with the old tracks ia that they dont have any background wich makes them hard to manuver along

uberweng
14th September 2005, 02:27 PM
Ubermall is a fast track alright, its embarrassing to admit but I am having trouble getting gold on this track racing in the flash track.

Other tracks didn't give me so much trouble, I have managed to unlock phantom and get a few golds.

Any advice ubermall experts?

Drakkenmensch
14th September 2005, 02:32 PM
I have a tip for the long straight leading to the finish line - if you grab the speed pad and have a turbo ready to use, hold out on the turbo until you're near the apex of the incline, then let it rip. The turbo will make you airborne, giving you a perfect opportunity to barrel roll onto a perfectly straight lane. Ideal for time trial AND competitive racing :)

mischiefdemon
14th September 2005, 02:41 PM
Hey Drak... Thats something I came up with when doing the Rapier TT... Worked a treat.

eLhabib
14th September 2005, 02:50 PM
use the boost on the climbing straight before the finish to take off and do a barrel roll in the air. On the split I find the rightsection easier, but that's just personal taste.

oooops, I had this window open while working and missed the posts inbetween... :oops:

Drakkenmensch
14th September 2005, 02:52 PM
It's also how I beat the Exostra Run TT from Flash and up. Grab the single speed pad on the first big incline going up, wait out just the right amount of time, barrel roll and scrape the roof of the tunnel (WEE! SPARKS!!!) and turn hard left for the life of you when you hit the curve with your boosters screeching at full blast.

Mobius
14th September 2005, 03:06 PM
Thre is soemthing rewardign about barrel rolls, especially when you seem to pull them off in the most unlikely of places. :)

mischiefdemon
14th September 2005, 03:24 PM
Theres an amusing barrel roll I pulled off on Manor Top...

After the first 90 degree right theres a small ramp on the right where the wall comes out of the track. its risky but do-able.

Just be ready to hard right straight after landing!

Drakkenmensch
14th September 2005, 03:29 PM
Hee hee, you can do the same kind of thing on Sol2 in the open track section - the moorings that the aircrafts use to hold the track up can be used as small launching ramps, but don't miss by even an inch to the outside though ;)

mischiefdemon
14th September 2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah. Since I accidently managed it on Manor Top I've been looking for sneaky places to try it.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've ended up grinding the walls! lol

kaiotheforsaken
14th September 2005, 04:11 PM
i lost so much sleep last night racing. its taking a bit of getting used to, but overall i think i'm picking it up much quicker than rapier class. Pirahna hasn't failed me yet and once i get the hang of the speed fully,, i'll be rackin in the golds again. damn this games fast.

Jambo
22nd September 2005, 06:50 PM
Just unlocked phantom, sol2 in ascension was best race ever blew a triakis off the track, managed to beat him by one point so got gold woohoo

MaxxMedievil
22nd September 2005, 09:39 PM
Phantom is mine already. Now i understand. 8O
I played this game 1995 when first Wipeout came. Since 1997 i never play this game until now. Now i remenber 8)