PDA

View Full Version : Pure competitor

Rouni Kenshin#1
13th September 2005, 10:44 PM
Well I have 50$ and that will let me buy the bigger memory stick that will let me get more Pure downloads or I can buy Burnout Legends.

Burnout will be a new game (gamespot rating of 9.0 higher than pure) or get the stick and have more Pure.

the $ for the stick will take about 4 weeks to get so i want an UNbiased opinion.

Dogg - Edited title for spelling mistake

edit by Lance: corrected seven mistakes left unaltered in body of post by Dogg. :) [giggles crazily]
[sorry about that. i was offline for more than a day and was really really really feeling the need to correct something. anything. {gasp}]

kaiotheforsaken
14th September 2005, 12:14 AM
if you like to crash alot, buy burnout, but its the same as every other burnout. not really a rival to pure at all in my book. if you can stand to wait, i'd save for the stick, you're gonna need a bigger one eventually anyway whether you download the pure content or not.

Rouni Kenshin#1
14th September 2005, 02:04 AM
You don't understand

I have enughf for the either the stick or the game

so it's a matter of weather you thik i should buy the game and wait for a few more tracks on wipeout or get the stick and buy burnout later.

kaiotheforsaken
14th September 2005, 03:30 AM
stick, you'll need one eventually anyways might as well buy it now. if you've played one burnout you've played them all.

Dogg Thang
14th September 2005, 06:07 AM
Rouni, please, for the sake of other members start reading your posts before hitting submit. I have no problem in general with spelling mistakes or typos but your posts have so many, I sometimes have a hard time trying to figure out what you mean.

As for the topic, well I have heard Burnout is excellent although I haven't played any of them myself. However, as has been pointed out, sooner or later you'll have to invest in a bigger memory stick so not getting one now would just be delaying the inevitable.

X
14th September 2005, 06:35 AM
I would go for Burnout. The content is just more of the same game, a fantastic game, but still... You'll probably finish the downloadable content before finishing Burnout.

MissileStrike
14th September 2005, 07:46 AM
Yes, I love my pure, but Burnout is a NEW game. Packs are just an extension of the game, and from my past experiences, Burnout is also a VERY good game, maybe even as good as Wipeout. But it's your choice.

eLhabib
14th September 2005, 10:41 AM
I love the burnout series, especially burnout3:takedown, but I love it solely for the online multiplayer experience. It can never compete against wipEout purE on a level of profession and gameplay.

randomperson1
14th September 2005, 03:51 PM
(if you've played one burnout you've played them all)

played burnout revenge? exactly.

Rouni Kenshin#1
14th September 2005, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the input, will read my posts, i thought they were not that bad.

and just so you know i have not played any burnout before.

yawnstretch
15th September 2005, 12:42 AM
Well I have a 512 so I dont know if this is complete rubbish, but couldn't you try the download packs on your 32mb one after the other? Not all on at once? That's what I'd do if I could only use a 32 - switch the packs around until you've played and got all the golds you want.

Drakkenmensch
15th September 2005, 01:36 AM
A friend at work bought Burnout Revenge for his PSP and showed it to me. Since I haven't played any Burnout yet, it seems like an interesting game to me.

The concept is certainly an appealing one - take the best part of racing games, accidents and explosions, and build the WHOLE game around PROVOKING THEM 8D

EDIT: Oops! It's not Burnout Revenge but Burnout LEGENDS for PSP. Sorry for the mixup ;)

Hyper Shadow
15th September 2005, 01:36 PM
Tricky one, I brought a 512MB memory stick and I'm getting Burnout tomorrow. So I don't need to decide.

But, I'd suggest getting Burnout then the stick, or, searching e-bay for a memory stick, you may save a few quid.

At the end of the day its your choice though.

Sven
15th September 2005, 04:46 PM
If you're still stuck with the 32meg stick, which I'm assuming you are, you should definately go for the memory stick option. You will inevitably need/want it not only for Wipeout downloads, but music, movies, pictures, game saves, ghosts, etc.

Then go buy Burnout 3 for like $10. It will probably offer a better experience than Burnout Legends anyway.

randomperson1
15th September 2005, 06:39 PM
i'd say burnout, it looks like it'll be a great game.

Kansas
15th September 2005, 08:35 PM
I got a 1 Gig Memory Stick for $109 at Fry's Electronics here in L.A.

kaiotheforsaken
15th September 2005, 10:31 PM
frys is great, i got my gig stick for 90, sales are awesome

infoxicated
15th September 2005, 10:42 PM
I'll be picking up Burnout and Virtua Tennis tomorrow, now that I have a PSP. I'll try and let you know what it's like if you haven't got it by that point. :)

Rouni Kenshin#1
15th September 2005, 11:31 PM
Sevn

I have downladed all pure content except the new Odessa Keys.... pack because there isn't enugh space on it but i don't and won't use to to play music, i jus use my mp3 player, or movies, They just take up too much space and I am on a limited budget so i wout be buying 3 1GB sticks, i will probobly be fust fine with a 256 or 512.

kaiotheforsaken
16th September 2005, 01:09 AM
you'll want a bigger stick no matter what size eventually seeing as how you cant download the last pack, cant save too many time trial ghosts and will shortly run out of room for basic save games. memory stick seems like a better option.

Lance
16th September 2005, 01:20 AM
kaio, according to this thread, you seem to be a really big believer in memory sticks. ;)

kaiotheforsaken
16th September 2005, 01:56 AM
hahaha, yes i think i am. i just think it makes more sense to upgrade. i think i should probably spear head some other kind of firm belief lol.

Rouni Kenshin#1
17th September 2005, 02:25 PM
Actually i never saved ghosts because i like to race just agenst the colock for new records, and is still have about 1500 mb left for regular saves for other games.