PDA

View Full Version : Staten Park

mischiefdemon
13th September 2005, 09:08 AM
Does anyone else have trouble with this on TT?

I've done Vector and Venom, but Flash is starting to get annoying. I get 4 perfect laps, hitting ever speed pad and running a damn near perfect race line, but I'm still about 1 second away from Gold!

Anybody got any tricks or tips that might lend a hand?

I'm using my trust Qirex.

lunar
13th September 2005, 09:10 AM
you should turbo off the top of the long downhill - which gives you enough air to do a barrel roll, thereby getting you 2 turbos per lap. Maybe you do this already though.

mischiefdemon
13th September 2005, 09:14 AM
No I don't... Thats genius...

Why the hell didn't I think of that? lol.

Thanks Lunar.

element42
13th September 2005, 09:34 AM
you can do two barrel rolls with this trick - i've found that you bounce after the first jump. although i'm only up to venom TT's (working through all three versions, one class at a time - taking a while...). i guess when you get to four laps, running out of shield energy may be a factor in two rolls per lap.

mischiefdemon
13th September 2005, 09:52 AM
I think I'll have to play with it a bit. See what works...

Thanks for the tips so far. Any others, to give me a few options to try on my lunch break... (Yes, I'm at work :))

eLhabib
13th September 2005, 11:02 AM
that's basically all there is to staten park, it's a fairly easy track. just don't touch any walls, try not to airbrake too much, hit all the pads, and do the boost-barrelroll combo on the long downstraight - done.

mischiefdemon
13th September 2005, 11:59 AM
Just back fom lunch to report gold all the way... thanks for the tips guys! :)

Seek100
13th September 2005, 02:45 PM
Just a small question to those who've done the Gamma TTs, is it possible, at all possible to do them with Feisar, I've done every single race, tourney and TT so far with them rather than change to a faster craft, should I bother trying as even flying 3 perfect laps I can only just scrape a bronze on the Vector TTs for Gamma in Feisar, should I just give up now and change to something faster?

mischiefdemon
13th September 2005, 02:54 PM
I imagine everything should be possible in every ship... however I may be wrong and this may not be the case?

Drakkenmensch
13th September 2005, 02:57 PM
If Wowawa can smoke everybody on Xlink with *AG-sys* out of all crafts, then surely ANY craft can beat ANY track or opponent, just so as long as you fly it correctly.

mischiefdemon
13th September 2005, 02:58 PM
Thats what I figured. Can anyone confirm?

lunar
13th September 2005, 04:01 PM
well only someone who`s done it can confirm...... but some of those time trials are so tight I wouldn`t be at all surprised if they were impossible in the slower ships, or at least so close to impossible that it will get ridiculously frustrating. No-one should torture themselves over using the zone ship - its not so good that it makes everything in the game too easy, though I understand the attraction of using your favourite ship. I do the same.

Megatron42
13th September 2005, 06:09 PM
Staten Park was one of the hardest tracks to complete TT on ... period.

mischiefdemon
13th September 2005, 06:11 PM
Agreed...

Rouni Kenshin#1
13th September 2005, 10:35 PM
My god complaning about the gamma TTs Again?

(while yes it was very hard) this thred has been done about (counts on his fingers) 2 or 3 times and is just getting old.

Edit

sorry :oops:

eLhabib
13th September 2005, 10:45 PM
he was asking for advice rather than complaining, so chill out.

yawnstretch
13th September 2005, 11:13 PM
I have gold from Feisar for two of Gamma's TTs in all classes and Im pretty sure I've done it in the other two tracks but the top times have been over written by AG-Systems times so I cant be sure.