PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with alternate ship skins?

Jittery-Joe
12th September 2005, 03:32 PM
This might be a dumb question, bet here I go:

I've just had a look at the official website and the Teams listings have two skins for each team's craft. This was the same on both the Euro (my copy) and American versions. How do you unlock these? Or do you have to download them?

Hellfire_WZ
12th September 2005, 03:43 PM
Unlock Livery mode, then you can select them on the craft select menu. You need to gain at least a bronze in Flash Ascension.

Drakkenmensch
12th September 2005, 03:46 PM
For any Pure related questions, I would recommend Hellfire's guide to Wipeout Pure. It's simply THE best FAQ out there, and will answer a LOT of questions as well as offer solid piloting advice.

http://wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2665

Jittery-Joe
12th September 2005, 03:48 PM
Ah, cheers folks

mischiefdemon
12th September 2005, 04:21 PM
On a vaguely similar note. Does anyone know if theres any plan to enable custom skins for ships? I'd love to have a go creating my own Qirex ship skin.

Might be something worth releasing once their done with the addon packs?

Any thoughts?

yawnstretch
12th September 2005, 05:06 PM
^^^ Agreement ^^^

Rapier Racer
12th September 2005, 05:47 PM
^^^ Disagreement ^^^

The ships look beautiful already and should NOT be tampered with :wink:

Kansas
12th September 2005, 06:23 PM
Interesting idea... but wouldn't that push the memory to the max? Would it slow the game down, or is it feasible?

mischiefdemon
12th September 2005, 09:00 PM
Surely you'd save it to the memory stick. Hell, you wouldn't even need to make it so anyone else could see it. I'd be happy if only I could see it :).

(Although I'd just make variations of the Qirex colours etc. Maybe the guys at SL could just make extra skins to download, I'd be happy with that... Just more variation when playing in multiplayer, even if you could only add a pilot logo like in the original WO?)

Also does anyone know if theres going to be a way to add your own MP3s to the playlist in game?

What does anyone think of those ideas to elaborate on the previous ones?

Kansas
12th September 2005, 09:15 PM
How about a build-a-ship/team feature?

mischiefdemon
12th September 2005, 09:23 PM
I like it...

It would give you templates with places to add team logos, numbers and patterns, Depending on which team you are it'd only let you use the teams correct colours (For consistancy)...

Then people who play online have a bit of individuallity.

I personally like the idea.

(I'd also very much like an addon that actually made purE playable online without the Xlink thing. Coz not everyone can use it. Like me, not for my lack of trying.)

Egg
12th September 2005, 10:24 PM
Maybe the guys at SL could just make extra skins to download, I'd be happy with that...

Cool idea ...! ( Pencils it in at the end of an already terrifyingly long to-do list ... ) :wink: