PDA

View Full Version : Ship Sugjestions

G0rT
11th September 2005, 09:44 PM
Hey all, I am new and have had wipeoutpure for a while and am currently working on the phantom race class but my normal ship (assegi) has decided not to win any more so I need a new ship. Any and all help will be apreciated.

infoxicated
11th September 2005, 10:05 PM
Here's a tip for you - don't post in all bold again. Ever.

It's not the kind of thing we appreciate here. Thanks.

G0rT
11th September 2005, 10:07 PM
sorry, don't worry about it ever again

Drakkenmensch
11th September 2005, 10:32 PM
In my experience, if you stop winning and start looking for a new ship after your beloved team doesn't "do it" anymore, it may be time to start looking at your racing techniques instead. My Piranha was never at fault, it was always myself I should have blamed.

Rapier Racer
11th September 2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah I had to reassess my techniques when I unlocked Rapier, some of the more technical circuits combined with bastard AI resulted in my finishing in 6th place with an increasing level of anger, after some practise Assegai brought the gold home once more :) It won't long till I get Phantom now *shudders*

G0rT if you find you can't use Assegai in Phantom why not just go for ships with higher handling stats like Horimou or Van Uber

G0rT
11th September 2005, 11:35 PM
van uber sounds good i just hope it doesn't turn to sharp, that can be annoying if you accidentally turn a little early and pin your self against the wall (cursed feisar! jk.)

also, are the tigron and goteki worth using in tournys or are their just to many tracks they don't work so well on?

eLhabib
11th September 2005, 11:38 PM
don't EVER blame the ship. :mr-t

G0rT
12th September 2005, 12:00 AM
first off I'm not "blaming the ship" I'm just asking if there are some ships out there that make phantom tourneys a little more bearable. seconldly, thats a kick ass mr t smiley

Zero [RG] [HG]
12th September 2005, 12:04 AM
Feisar.

/

Piranha, if you can take the handling. D=

Drakkenmensch
12th September 2005, 12:12 AM
I'm currently in the process of building a new player profile dedicated to racing under the Piranha banner, getting all the golds along the way. So far, I'm beating all my old ghost times (scored with Zone mostly) by several seconds each track :D

Rapier Racer
12th September 2005, 12:16 AM
Van Uber has very sharp reactions, and you'll need to be avioding those weapons unless you want to "Rest in pieces" what an ironic motto for that team I always though

G0rT
12th September 2005, 12:37 AM
well what worked for you guys? I am considering the goteki as it is practically an upgraded version of my 2 fav ships

Kansas
12th September 2005, 01:19 AM
don't EVER blame the ship. :mr-t

Grrrrr...

you have disrespected Team Assegai.

may your beer always smell skunky.

uberweng
12th September 2005, 12:59 PM
I found that changing from Feisar to AG helped me get gold in rapier and phantom races. I think the fact that it still handled well but picked up speed a lot quicker (I crash a lot so) was more suited to my style of play (which is based around crashing).

It could also just have been a psychological thing.

Kansas
12th September 2005, 06:21 PM
I shouldn't be so harsh..

When I have trouble dealing with tough tracks, I usually switch to Zone for a few races, then back to Assegai. For some weird reason, I do better with Assegai after I switch back to Zone... I can't explain it.

G0rT
12th September 2005, 11:00 PM
I have just switched to the Goteki45 and it has already help me through alpha, beta and assention on phantom. The 5/5 thrust is very nice if you are hit with a weapon and need to get going again, plus the added shield bonus makes it a reliable tourney ship.

Kansas
12th September 2005, 11:59 PM
Traitor

G0rT
13th September 2005, 12:06 AM
No, I still use Assegai for all of my single races but the goteki45 is real nice for tourney play, plus the colors scream 1980's!

eLhabib
13th September 2005, 12:21 AM
hehe, be sure to wear wrist- and headband when you race it! :D

G0rT
13th September 2005, 04:15 AM
heck yes! And bust out some old school moves while I'm at it!

MissileStrike
13th September 2005, 07:32 AM
Disco! :lol: