PDA

View Full Version : PurE's rockets and disruption bolt physics

yawnstretch
11th September 2005, 01:10 PM
PurE's missiles work terrifically, the quake is as sweet as ever, mines work fine, Autopilot has its uses, turbo great, plasma as it should be, and the bomb is fantastic!

...but

The rockets and disruption bolts have such an aversion to the track surface that I've sent about 5 MILLION of them directly into space because of a slight inclination in the track surface.

Also in wipEout 1 or 2097 I could easily swing a corner whilst lashing my rockets into a contender - but the swing effect for the rockets and disruption bolts is drastically off in purE imo. - The cornering issue I feel I might be able to work around - but the 'track deflection' is too extreme - thoughts?

The usual disclaimers apply: PurE is brilliant, I am not worthy :wink:

Drakkenmensch
11th September 2005, 01:24 PM
Bear in mind that unlike the missile, bolts (plasma or disruptor) and rockets have no aiming or steering mechanisms to guide them. If they hit a launching ramp, they'll be turned into pretty flares and fireworks in the sky.

I launched so much of those into orbit, it's a wonder I haven't taken out a few airplanes by now.

Lance
11th September 2005, 02:34 PM
maybe airplanes will appear in the next version. and news helicopters.
just like Ridge Racer 4 :D

Drakkenmensch
11th September 2005, 02:36 PM
You can already see a few aircrafts in Pure - there's some visible from the starting line at Vineta K, as well as Blue Ridge.

bakkufu
11th September 2005, 02:39 PM
not to mention zipping around Sol 2 :)

Jittery-Joe
11th September 2005, 03:04 PM
Staten park has lots.

eLhabib
11th September 2005, 04:52 PM
chenghou even has a passenger airline crossing the sky above. halt on the open section and check the sky.

MissileStrike
13th September 2005, 07:47 AM
:lol: Isn't it weird to think that in a time when the regular transport can go 800 ks per hour, we still use airplanes? I think its weird. :)
Oh, and i've seen Disruption bolts become stars but never with rockets. Well, I suppose the time will come when I scream around the final corner on the final lap in 2nd place, line up the opposition, and make a pretty finish firework.

Seek100
13th September 2005, 02:31 PM
The planes are probably just larger versions of the one-man AG-racers. It's reasonable to assume there'd be all shapes and sizes of craft: transport craft to replace lorries, family sized craft to replace saloon cars and so on. The things that look like planes are probably AG craft aswell.