PDA

View Full Version : how long did it take you to get gold on all zones

username
11th September 2005, 12:48 PM
from when you got pure how long did it take you to get gold on all zones(and unlock the zone team) it took me 10 days exactly.
im finding it hard to get 70 golds mind, ive only got 49!!
ps i hate coridon 12 zone!!

Drakkenmensch
11th September 2005, 01:04 PM
What you really need to do is concentrate on getting all available golds from Vector and Venom.

4 Alpha tracks + 4 Beta + 4 Gamma + 3 Classic 2 = 15 tracks, not even counting the Classic unlockables.

15 tracks x 2 golds (single and TT) = 30 golds per class

tourneys:
Alpha + Beta + Gamma + Ascension + Descension = 5 golds perclass

35 golds x 2 classes (vector + venom) = 70 golds

not to mention that by then, you've unlocked Karbonis, Sagarmatha, Manor Top and Mandrashee, so you even unlock Medievil, but it's not much of a prize, really. By the time you unlock everything in Vector and Venom, you get 79 golds. Even more as the last Classic 2 track is released and the Delta packs follow soon.

eLhabib
11th September 2005, 04:47 PM
well, I know where that comes from:

last night I was on xLink, and some new kid asked for help on unlocking new classes. I was just about to answer, but some other kid was faster typing and wrote this:

'man, just beat all 4 zone mode races, then you get the zone ship, and with that, unlocking the rest is a lot easier.'

:x :x :x

:cry:

the roots of evil are spreading.
if every newbie on xlink gets and gives this advice, we will have slews of people playing with the zone ship, just because they think it's easiest. DOESN'T ANYONE CARE FOR TEAM IDENTITY? PERSONALITY, ANYONE?

this is so sad, really :cry:

bakkufu
11th September 2005, 04:55 PM
I'm doing as many of the races as I can with AG systems, I'm loyal to my team to the end.

I've been racing the guys at work as well, and as yes I've not lost a race :D

eLhabib
11th September 2005, 05:02 PM
that's the spirit, son 8)

Sausehuhn
11th September 2005, 05:13 PM
The zone ship is not bad, but I wouldn't say it's the best. I also tried Van Uber because it has better stats.
But that's it: it's looking good at the screen but bad in the race when you compare it to other ships.
I tried to use AG-5Y5, I just love the design of the ship and with the 2nd paint job is looks just fantastic. But I switched to Assegai, it just has the better handling for me.

'm still hoping they will release an EG.r with the Omega Packs :?

bakkufu
11th September 2005, 05:21 PM
one of the guys at work lost a race with AG systems so in disgrace he got slapped with the phone book and has had to change teams lol :)

Drakkenmensch
11th September 2005, 05:44 PM
I'm looking forward to the Icaras download myself - if history proves any indication, Icaras will be another Wile E. Coyote style uncontrollable missile with high top speed and poor handling, which will fit in nicely with the Piranha philosophy. It would then be an allowable substitution for my "brazilian missile" (as eLhabib puts it) that would not feel like a cheap "easy to use" cop-out.

It's a bit sad that everybody throws themselves on the Zone ship, but what can we do, except lead by example? I will not stoop down and lower my standards. Besides, with experienced pilots around on kai, those who like to fly on origami ships will find themselves the target of highly accurate plasma bolts, sneakily placed bombs and mines, and the ever ominous "eLhabib quake experience" (now also offered through the Piranha Pride franchise!)

Until they learn to fly something that has a little bit more resistance than cardboard and duct tape, they'll blow up with unnerving frequency, unlike the rest of us.

As a Piranha pilot, I have my pride after all.

*whistles while tossing darts at a dartboard whose bullseye is a Triakis logo*

Hellfire_WZ
11th September 2005, 05:50 PM
I think people who use the Zone craft are out only to get all the medals as quickly as possible rather than to improve as a pilot. I see this a lot on GameFAQs, people rate each other by medal count rather than overall achievement, and the only advice a lot of people give to others asking for advice is "use the Zone ship". What saddens me even more is they really milk the low shield stat to try and justify that it really takes a lot of skill to use. It doesn't. When you're so far in front only a minimal number of weapons will hit you, that stat becomes irrelevant.

Personally I can't stand it, it's way too light.

Oh, to stay on topic, I managed all four Zone golds in one day.

element42
11th September 2005, 06:02 PM
I managed all four Zone golds in one day.well, I managed it in four races... :roll: :wink: well i did. in all three versions. although i'm really not a fan of zone mode.
but there are a lot of people on xlink who use zone or medievil. what can you do? perhaps we can set up a wipeoutzone clan or something. :?:

Hellfire_WZ
11th September 2005, 06:07 PM
Certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to set up an arena with house rules. Be interesting to see how that turns out.

yawnstretch
11th September 2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah I generally use my two fav teams - Feisar and Ag Systems for everything. Getting some of the golds with a Feisar is really hard as it's not always fast enough.

/likes a challenge and prefers the better handling

kaiotheforsaken
11th September 2005, 07:46 PM
i must admit i was lured in by the zones power. mainly cause i hadn't really found my indentity in pure yet (pure was my first wipeout purchase but i remembered pirahna from 64) now however after buying every wipeout to date (WO3:SE comes this week *drools*) my connection with AG and Pirahna is strong. as for how long it takes to do zones, i finished all zones in like 90 minutes or so, maybe not even that, the last one took some memorizing for me to get, but i got those down fairly quick.

eLhabib
11th September 2005, 08:08 PM
GAH, I just had a couple of races on xLink, and the only ship I ever saw picked by the other pilots was - you already guessed it - zone :blarg
I was in a race with 4 zone pilots! how idiotic, not to mention boring, is that?
felt even better to blast two of 'em (at a time) to their graves with a backwards quake, screaming 'TAKE THAT, FACELESS MINIONS!' :D

kaiotheforsaken
11th September 2005, 08:34 PM
backwards? BACKWARDS?! teach me this power! lol. seriously though how'd ya do that?

Hellfire_WZ
11th September 2005, 08:43 PM
Turn your craft round 180 degrees, fire, laugh. :)

kaiotheforsaken
11th September 2005, 10:00 PM
hmmm that answer seems way to obvious, neat trick either way, bet the faces of the zone users was priceless.

Drakkenmensch
11th September 2005, 10:30 PM
You don't even NEED to go back a full 180 degrees - about 95-100 degrees will do just fine, and will actually serve you better with a slow turning craft (such as my beloved Piranha)

eLhabib
11th September 2005, 11:30 PM
I always do full circle movements though, it's one flowing technique.

G0rT
12th September 2005, 12:53 AM
does the backwards quake help in single player at all?

Drakkenmensch
12th September 2005, 03:35 AM
If you can execute it quickly and time it so that the AI racers get hit while in a bad section, like the Manor Top separate segments, the Sol2 open section or the Citta Nuova corkscrew, that could greatly benefit you.

Plus, it always feels so good to mess up the AI with a nasty quake!!!

mischiefdemon
12th September 2005, 08:09 AM
When I unlocked the Zone team, I gave them a try. I creamed a previous time but didn't really think much of the ship as a whole.

Since then I've gone back and wiped off that top time with my Qirex... Which I must say I've been very loyal too.

I picked the Feisar once by accident. Didn't like that either.

Why will people always take the easy way out? Wheres the challenge in that???

Someone above mentioned a wipeoutzone clan... which I think is a great idea. It should also have team orentated sub-clans :)

eLhabib
12th September 2005, 09:30 AM
Why will people always take the easy way out? Wheres the challenge in that???

exactly my point. it takes away sooo much from the game to always go for the easiest (not to mention LOGO- AND COLORSCHEMELESS) team.

as for the clan idea: actually I was thinking about something like that. see, recently drak and I have encountered some individuals online who are in a wipeout clan already, and wanted to recruit us (which of course we passed). their clan was called KUA (kick ur ass) and their slogan was 'kickin ur ass in wipeout since 2005'. figure that one out. you can guess that this attitude wasn't very well-received by drak and me :wink:
so we talked a bit about building a clan, or how childish clans actually are, and I JUST now came up with a solution. WHENEVER one of us 'zone members gets asked if he is in a clan already, he simply says 'I'm on wipEoutzone!' - easy as pie. we don't need a clan page, and the site will gain recognition also - PROBLEM SOLVED. :rock_on

xEik
12th September 2005, 11:33 AM
I'm abstaining from getting the fourth gold medal in Zone until I'm done with the 144 original medals with my ol' trusty AG-SYS.

Drakkenmensch
12th September 2005, 12:48 PM
As far as the KUA clan goes and finding new members, what I'd suggest them would be to improve their skills and becoming the best racers around. They'll find a lot more recruits if they're THE guys around to beat and they won't even HAVE to ask, people would flock to them asking if they can be allowed to join.

It seems sad to me that I could beat their leader easily and then be begged to take the captain spot. I really didn't feel like joining that group.

"I would never join a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Hellfire_WZ
12th September 2005, 12:52 PM
Which is all the more reason to establish ourselves as the true elite. :wink:

eLhabib
12th September 2005, 12:58 PM
we already have :D