PDA

View Full Version : firmware versions

lovedr
10th September 2005, 03:20 PM
hiya all,

i'm after some assistance if possible, i had a brief browse through existing posts but unable to help me.

just bought uk psp last week and i DIDN'T bother upgrading to v2.0 stuck with v1.52 or 4 i think it is, does anyone know the consequences of this? will i still be able to download the add-on packs for wipeout pure?

theres also a good few mentions regards owning wipeout jap and us also. i assume they will run on uk psp without problem, can i download the add-ons for these too if possible and keep them all on same memory card.

please help someone who is not that psp clued up,

thanks,

rich

bakkufu
10th September 2005, 04:14 PM
you can still download the expansions as far as I'm aware with the standard PSP, but the update gets you a web browser, theme settings, fixes etc that are very very handy!

I'd certainly recommend doing it.

As for import games, I can't comment because I havn't tried one.

Hellfire_WZ
10th September 2005, 04:17 PM
Any version will work on any PSP, they're not region locked. All you have to remember is to use the download packs specific to your version.

lovedr
10th September 2005, 04:36 PM
thanks folks.

is there any benefit to buying the foreign copies (although i will anyway) - tracks, skins, music etc not available to different regions?

so can buy all the wipeouts and save all the downloads to one memory card without issue.

i didn't want to upgrade to v2.0 as though might not be able to get emulators working on psp.

sorry, the downloads will be ok then, web browser i can live without (unless you guys can i advise why i would need it) what else won't work unless i upgrade then.

cheers folks,

rich

Seek100
10th September 2005, 06:13 PM
The Euro version of pure has an extra pack of downloads, the Omega pack, which is designed by freelance artists apparently, the Japanese version has something called the Wire05 track which I have no clue about and also a Coca-Cola themed track and skin. The U.S. version appears not to have any exclusive content.

Sven
10th September 2005, 08:15 PM
I thought the UK PSPs came with 2.0 pre-installed?

Seek100
10th September 2005, 08:22 PM
I believe it only comes on the demo disk you get with the PSP, release titles only need 1.52 at the moment, future games WILL require 2.0

Dogg Thang
10th September 2005, 09:17 PM
Actually most release titles, including Pure, only need 1.5.

uberweng
11th September 2005, 11:09 AM
If anyone is frustrated with their firmware and wants a 1.0 PSP please send me a PM.

Egg
12th September 2005, 04:42 PM
I think the earliest batches of Euro PSPs come with the Demo Disk and Firmware installation thing. Later batches have v2.0 ready-installed.

Rapier Racer
12th September 2005, 05:55 PM
I got a 1003 model and it came with the demo disk install, I take it the 1004 have it pre installed, I was wondering what the difference was between the model numbers.

xEik
13th September 2005, 08:15 AM
I've got a 1004 model, got it the 1st of September and it has version 1.52