PDA

View Full Version : Pure Nostalgia

Jay
3rd April 2002, 06:35 AM
I've just been having a good blast on the classic league of W3 SE. I've been thinking what my favourite track is for ages, it's a tough decision - for me it's probably Gare D'Europa.

Vote away!

Vasudeva
3rd April 2002, 10:56 AM
I agree, Gare d'Europe is the best retrotrack in W3 SE. Too bad that they misspelled it, as it is Gare d'EuropE and not EuropA in French. Oh well, I'll forgive'm. Just this once 8)

Vasudeva,
the Wings of Icaras

vincoof
4th April 2002, 07:12 PM
I don't think they mispelled it.
In France it sounds much better "Gared'Europa" than "Gare d'Europe". I think other french guys would agree with me too.
That's probably why the name is "Gare d'Europa".

Don't forget that they had some French guys in their team, AFAIK.

JABBERJAW
4th April 2002, 07:59 PM
I'll stick with terramax

vincoof
4th April 2002, 08:30 PM
Too bad you were lonely with the Terramax challenge.
That's IMO the track which differs the most with the "original" version.

zargz
5th April 2002, 02:32 PM
I'd like 2say terramax but its so ez 2cut @least the half of the track so I say arridos IV

Vasudeva
5th April 2002, 05:16 PM
On that French...

Well, the French I got taught at school did not include that kind of nuances :-). I myself am from Belgium by the way (well, the Dutch-speaking part). At least I'm glad to know that the French aren't complaining about Psygnosis :-).

Vasudeva

Lance
5th April 2002, 06:15 PM
i guess it sounds better than hofbahnhaus von europa.

i know it shoUld be gare d'europe, but yes, gare d'europa [oyropa] sounds better as a circuit name. sounds more international, too

Vasudeva
6th April 2002, 08:36 AM
Hofbahnhaus? Afaik the German term is Hauptbahnhof. Besides, why would they use it for a circuit located in France?

But, however, I agree that it does sound more international. I think a lot of the names in WipeOut are well-chosen!

Vasudeva.

jmoid
6th April 2002, 12:07 PM
gare d'europa in 2097 is my fave track ever but in SE i realy dig sargamatha cos it be so fast...

Lance
6th April 2002, 05:06 PM
aha, i stand corrected. i am not an expert on german! :) i kinda thought it was wrong, but i was still too sleepy and lazy to look up the right thing. but anyway...

if one contracted the form to hauptbahnhof europa, that's not bad at all, still a bit too long though

Piranha Advancements
7th April 2002, 01:37 AM
Gare.