PDA

View Full Version : anyone else feel cheated?

kaiotheforsaken
7th September 2005, 05:13 AM
read the new pure article on pure today, and they briefly mentioned the euro exclusive downloads. now is it just me or does anyone here outside europe feel cheated by this? it seems like theres gonna be a ton of content released in these packs that no one out side europe (or who decides to import) will ever see. i think all content should be downloadable for all regions (save the coke pack, thats not really necessary). I mean i just scored a copy of WO3: SE, i'm still bummed it never came out state side but i got it for only about 20 US so not to bad. but paying like 60 bucks to import pure and rebeat everything so i can have all that stuff seems a little extreme. i just dont think its fair, even though europe did get kinda screwed having to wait so long for psp. but my god next thing you know they'll release Pure Ultimate with every track, song, ship, annoucner, and download, from every wipeout ever, put it all on 1 UMD make only 500 and release them only in liverpool, come on, share the awesomeness with all regions.

bakeded
7th September 2005, 06:10 AM
I too feel cheated. But I do have the US and JAP and the EUR is on the way. (any day now)
I feel really bad for the US pure. It's getting the doo doo end of the stick all around methinks.

kaiotheforsaken
7th September 2005, 06:17 AM
yeah, the thought of importing is tempting, but i dont really wanna start over, or spend the 60 bucks right now (especially since cash is tight). i just kinda hope they reconsider and bring all the major downloads to all regions.

NightS
7th September 2005, 08:49 AM
I agree,
the only reason I can think of why they're doing this is to get us "Wipeout addicts" to buy more copies of the game...

I live in Europe, have a JAP PSP and the U.S. Pure. I'll probably buy the EU copy to be able to play with my friends when they get theirs, but I still think it sucks about the downloads.. :evil:

//NightS

aesop
7th September 2005, 03:13 PM
Exclusive content means dick anyway.

I heard the European region are getting the Omega League and Puma Sponsoring to make up for the game being glitched.

kaiotheforsaken
7th September 2005, 06:15 PM
i could care less about the puma sponsorship but from what i hear the Omega packs have quit a bit of content to them. the more content they have, the more i wish it was multi region. maybe they'll change they're minds and just let europe have it a few months before everyone. i'd even be willing to pay for it to a certain extent, it'd be cheaper than importing euro pure.

Rapier Racer
7th September 2005, 10:46 PM
It seems a tad unfair yes, but i think US and Japan should get the content after a short wait, lets say six months

kaiotheforsaken
7th September 2005, 11:57 PM
that would be fine by me, i just dont want to be excluded from it unless i import, thats all.

Rouni Kenshin#1
8th September 2005, 02:12 AM
We actually got into this argument on another thred and it think that if all it takes is to adjust the code a little and post on a different portion og the site than why not?

Sven
8th September 2005, 06:33 PM
I feel cheated. But I already did my importing for the year with Gran Turismo 4 =P.

If it turns out to be fabulously good content, I might go for it, but otherwise I'll wait it out and hope they decide to eventually release it stateside.

P.S. Where the bloody hell is the U.S. exclusive content?

Cypher
8th September 2005, 08:43 PM
I feel guilty for being European now. The downloads should be available for all regions.

Seek100
8th September 2005, 09:06 PM
From the sounds of it the Omega downloads are not gonna be very good anyway, at least I'm fairly sceptical about outside artists making stuff in their own style, I mean a H.R. Giger or Roger Dean designed level would be fun but it would jar with the rest of the game so much, and I doubt they'll have artists like Giger or Dean anyway, we shall see.

Lance
8th September 2005, 09:44 PM
i would love to see a Roger Dean landscape for Wipeout racing. heavenly

Seek100
8th September 2005, 10:24 PM
Did you know he's making a film based on his own artwork, I have no idea what the plot will be but it sounds very cool.

bakeded
8th September 2005, 11:12 PM
There is another... Syd Mead

lordtaki
9th September 2005, 08:56 AM
I see this as a reward for the loooooong waiting of the release of the PSP in Europe.
I'm pretty sure at the end everyone will get the same major content.

Sven
9th September 2005, 11:19 AM
Whoa, I just had a thought....what if M.C. Escher did a Wipeout track?

username
9th September 2005, 12:48 PM
eh eh eh, finially i can be glad to live in great (well not that great anymore) britan!!

Jittery-Joe
9th September 2005, 05:05 PM
I read somewhere that the games (not the videos) on PSP wern't regionalised, so why wouldn't the american downloads work on a European copy?

Hellfire_WZ
9th September 2005, 05:34 PM
The games are very different from one another, therefore the packs are also very different. It's the games that read the packs, not the PSP. Any PSP can play any version of the game, but only a specific version of the game can read its corresponding download packs.

Seek100
9th September 2005, 08:51 PM
The games are identical, except for that bug in Euro Sinucit and the exclusive downloads for the Japanese and Euro versions.

Brother Laz
9th September 2005, 09:10 PM
Whoa, I just had a thought....what if M.C. Escher did a Wipeout track?

Wipeout Fusion 2.

Hellfire_WZ
10th September 2005, 08:45 AM
The games are identical, except for that bug in Euro Sinucit and the exclusive downloads for the Japanese and Euro versions.

Sorry, I meant on a coding level. The content is identical, but any functions such as muliplayer see them as totally different games.