PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad Pure is selling well

xEik
6th September 2005, 08:45 AM
According to this
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60767
and this
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=256&s=1111

...nine PSP titles figuring in the UK's All Formats Top 10...The top honours went to Namco's Ridge Racer, with Sony's Wipeout Pure at No.3
My congratulations to Studio Liverpool. I hope the game keeps this pace until Christmas and the total sales make it the most successful WO ever. :D

lunar
6th September 2005, 09:35 AM
I second that. Its wonderful to see Wipeout returning from the near-dead in such a way: a commercial success, a great game true to its roots and, with the downloads, such a big, long-lasting game for us to enjoy. Well done Studio Liverpool. :clap

xEik
6th September 2005, 09:55 AM
I can already hear Lance sharpening his blades to manage the hordes of newbies. :twisted:

I'm sure this success will play an important role in the decission of making a new WO a launch title for the PS3.

randomperson1
6th September 2005, 04:22 PM
I am very happy for studio liverpool and congratulate them for the sucess of pure.

By the way, WO is unlikely to be a launch title for ps3. It'll take a while to make.

And those PSP sales were absolutely huge!

Lance
6th September 2005, 05:34 PM
didn't i read a post by either Colin or Egg many weeks ago saying that they were already working on the PS3 version?

Mobius
6th September 2005, 05:35 PM
Nope, they said they weren't. But i beleive the studio are working on a PS3 F1 game if that is your thing.

Vortex
6th September 2005, 05:57 PM
Studio Liverpool are indeed working on a F1 game for the PS3 :D

However is there the possibility that a Wipeout game could be in the early stages of development also? I wouldn't like to speak for anyone else, but as much as I like the F1 games, I would rather see Wipeout on the PS3 and not just another annual F1 game.

Lance
6th September 2005, 06:00 PM
well, it's one of my things. :)

Rouni Kenshin#1
6th September 2005, 11:28 PM
Yes the sales of pure really are a good thing, the series will get the attention it deserves, we get new members, and the psp sales will get higher once the price drops and even more people will discover Pure.

Sven
7th September 2005, 02:35 AM
I would rather see Wipeout on the PS3 and not just another annual F1 game.Well me personally, seeing as how there hasn't been a new F1 game in the U.S. for three years, I'd take F1 over Wipeout.

eLhabib
7th September 2005, 07:31 AM
8O 8O 8O

*points at door* GET OUT!

j/k :wink:

Drakkenmensch
7th September 2005, 09:31 AM
BLASPHEMY!!!

He he he... seriously, I've always had a thing where I prefer my racing games to be totally sci-fi instead of realistic reproductions of real-life racing categories.

Colin Berry
7th September 2005, 02:42 PM
didn't i read a post by either Colin or Egg many weeks ago saying that they were already working on the PS3 version?

I hope we didnt .. . .

We are working on working out what we will be working on next :)

And when we've worked it out, we wont be able to tell anyone anyway :D

mclarensmps
7th September 2005, 08:55 PM
I too am really really happy for studio liverpool, i was thinking that WOP will probably be one of those underground following type games, but i was taken aback by the response it has gotten and im soooooooo glad for it. IT can only mean good things coming for us in the future.

As for the F1 games, that is AWESOME news. I've been dying for a good F1 sim to come out and now i cant wait for the the release of F1 for PS3 by these guys. Psygnosis made my all time favorite F1 game and i have really really high expectations from Std. Liverpool to live up to past standards just as they did with WOP.

That news just made my day =)

Lance
7th September 2005, 11:46 PM
@Colin: :D

-- --------------------------

F1, eh? is Nick still working on that?

Rouni Kenshin#1
8th September 2005, 02:10 AM
I've never been a real fan of realistic driving sims and have always loved sci-fi racers but i'm thinking about getting the GT for psp when it comes out. Being a US person i never really liked F1 but NASCAR was always to me just turn left and floor it.

yawnstretch
8th September 2005, 08:09 AM
To be honest a F1 game doesnt interest me that much. They still all remind me of Nigel Mansell on the SNES :P (boring and samey)

infoxicated
8th September 2005, 09:07 AM
We've come along way since then - Studio Liverpool's Formula One 2005 is as advanced as console racing games have ever been. Forget GT's wind-up toy AI, racing against the CPU cars in F105 is about as close to racing against real opponants as I've ever seen in a racing game.

You can also take it online and have races with 10 human players for that authentic experience. :)

Formula One: Boring racing series.
Formula One 2005: Great racing game. :)

element42
8th September 2005, 10:38 AM
Formula One: Boring racing series.I take issue with that, sir.
[Slaps face with glove] I demand satisfaction! :P

eLhabib
8th September 2005, 11:12 AM
well, compared to w'o'', Formula 1, as it is today (the sport in general, not just the game) does seem rather boring, doesn't it?

infoxicated
8th September 2005, 12:19 PM
I demand satisfaction! :P
You should probably try watching another racing series then. The IndyCars are racing at Chicagoland speedway this Sunday night, and I can put my house on there being more on-track overtaking during that race than F1 has had in the last five seasons combined. Maybe you should give that a blast for some satisfaction. ;)

element42
8th September 2005, 04:31 PM
Okay, I submit. F1 does appear to be boring. I do realise that. But it exerts such a hold on me! It's weird. :roll: I ask myself, where's the fun in watching twenty cars going round and round for two hours? I don't know. But I really do enjoy watching the races.

It's one of those irrational things, like buying all three copies of Pure. And a chipped PS1 (arrived today :D - watch out, NTSC tables.... (hmm, I wish)).

xEik
8th September 2005, 04:49 PM
At least you don't live in Spain.

With Alonso being the championship leader, here F1 has gone from being only for motorheads to being watched by the masses. Not to mention that there's one TV channel that will put anything F1 related at any hour of the day any day of the week.

It is really sad that interest in the sport depends not in its intrinsic qualities but in the fact that some guy who happens to have been born in your country is winning races.

As far as I am concerned, Alonso can go to hell. I've always preferred De La Rosa as a pilot.

mclarensmps
8th September 2005, 06:03 PM
agree with you xEIk. But globally F1 seems to be in a bit of a limbo ever since the fall of ferrari. Hardcore fans of the series may enjoy this quite a bit, but, unfortunately F1 needs to run off the bandwagon fans and what they see now, is not good for the accounting dept of Bernie.

Anyhow, ive always imagined WO as being the future of F1. :D:D... ooooh *goes back into a hazy daydream.

infoxicated
8th September 2005, 06:58 PM
I think F1's demise in popularity was more due to the sustained rise of Ferrari than it is due to their fall from grace. By the time Ferrari were qualifying mid field nobody was watching to notice.

You cant have a series where the rules are so poorly maintained and open to interperatation to the extent where one team finds an advantage and runs away with it. It just isn't sustainable as something that can be taken seriously, or enjoyed by anyone other than the fans of that team/driver.

Lance
8th September 2005, 09:33 PM
i've been watching some of the 'Champ Car' road races this season, and they definitely hold my attention. very tight intense racing

infoxicated
8th September 2005, 10:59 PM
I cant get with Champ Car for some reason. Don't know why - could be due to the amount of street parades they have. I prefer cars to be on proper race tracks.

That whole farce they had a month or so ago where they had to delay practice because a railroad track crossed the circuit was just unbelievable.

I think years of F1 processions have left me cold when it comes to circuit racing now, too - I much prefer the super speedway oval races like Indy. :)

Lance
9th September 2005, 12:06 AM
the only ovaltrack races i've liked lately are the really small tracked ones, like Martinsville and Bristol on the NASCAR circuit. oddly enough for a roadrace fan like meself, i found it fun to drive the little Motegi oval in F355 Challenge, though i've never seen an actual race there. [my favourite course in that game is still Laguna Seca. and maybe Suzuka short course. the Atlanta Tri-Oval is boring to me]

mclarensmps
10th September 2005, 10:14 PM
heheh i could never get into oval racing, and ive genuinely given it my all to try and get into it, but for some reason or another it just doesnt happen. As for circuit racing, agree that F1 is just a procession now, but ive been watching it for so long that getting up every other weekend early in the morning and sitting through the race is like second nature to me. It has to be done.

Anyways, not wanting to get too OT on this, I played F1 2005 on my friends PS2 the other day and i was quite impressed by the difficulty and dynamics of the game. I still think the cars look a tad out of proportion (as they have looked in most F1 games that ive played, except for maybe F1 2002 for the PC by EA... the game they made just before F1 career it may even be 2003. i forget).

It looks like the game dynamics are really well sorted, now if they can just work on the visuals, i think the game would be worth getting into.

Much excited :D