PDA

View Full Version : Another plea about downloads

Colin Berry
4th September 2005, 08:30 PM
I know its been mentioned in the past but I'd like to mention it again now that Pure is out in europe, please make sure you download the extra tracks etc from the official site and not other sites. We know there have been a few teething problems and sometimes the server gets real busy but the only way we can track the amount of downloads is through the official site. We need to track the numbers in order to see if its worth bothering to create the content.

erm
thats all
ta

:)

Sausehuhn
5th September 2005, 02:45 PM
I understand your point of view, Colin, but what's with all the Mac users? Ok, that aren't as many as the Windows user, but they should also get the content, shouldn't they?
And what's with the rigistration? I've a JAP PSP and it just allows the european 2003 and 2004 codes...

That's the problem. :roll:

Sven
5th September 2005, 05:37 PM
I'll be using the official download stream now that it's fixed. No worries =)

Colin Berry
6th September 2005, 10:19 AM
I've been reliably told that Mac users can get the content from the official site as the site is java based ??
It means nothing to me as I dont have a Mac, but if you cant get it can you let me know exactly what the problem is because you should be able to no problem.

As for having a Jap psp - there are ways round it that have been mentioned in other threads :)

Thruster2097
6th September 2005, 10:29 AM
no worries, colin.
Now the downloader thingie from the PSP is working properly, there is no reason to download from external sites.

Childlikecake
6th September 2005, 10:45 AM
Yup, the New Zealand (yourpsp.co.nz) site is now downloading properly so I'll use that. It was out of action for the first few days though. Too much traffic?

Dogg Thang
6th September 2005, 11:28 AM
Yep, if you have a PSP with a different model number, simply select a model number from their choices and using your genuine serial number (behind the battery) seems to work fine.

Also bear in mind that sometimes the java thingy takes a really long time to kick in so give it a while.

username
6th September 2005, 12:37 PM
how exactly do you download data because every timei try it says download accepted and nothing happens.

Rapier Racer
6th September 2005, 06:14 PM
You have your psp connected in usb mode right? Do you have the most up to date version of the java software? lol I'm not trying to insult your intelligence here although it might sound that way, what about firmware you don’t need to update that to download do you?

username
8th September 2005, 12:28 PM
whats java?
but i did connect the usb hub properly,

Drakkenmensch
8th September 2005, 01:07 PM
username: Once you connect the usb cable to your PSP, you must be sure to go into your system menu and click on "USB MODE"

I kow it sounds obvious, but that one foiled my first attempt for several minutes ;)

MissileStrike
13th September 2005, 07:29 AM
I MUST get a USB cord thingy. I hate being left out when people are talking about Goteki 45 and Van Uber. :(

Drakkenmensch
13th September 2005, 02:43 PM
Check any usb adapters you might already have for other devices. The one I use came with my digital camera but fits my PSP perfectly.

mischiefdemon
13th September 2005, 02:52 PM
Alternatively if you've got a memory stick card reader built in to your pc, stick the card in there and the download will think its connected to the USB :)

steninja
15th September 2005, 07:09 PM
"I MUST get a USB cord thingy. I hate being left out when people are talking about Goteki 45 and Van Uber."

you can get the USB cords for £13.99 in comet or probably cheaper on the net. or you can get a combined usb data and charger cable with an nifty charger that u plug the sony psp battery into and get double battery life for £14.99.

Brianetta
25th September 2005, 11:35 PM
Hello, first post here. Hi, etc. (:

You can get a mini-B USB cord for a PSP for as little as a fiver, so please do shop about. You can get one with the charger plug for about £7 - mine's a Logic 3 one.

The YourPSP site is Java based, and works fine even on my Linux PC - which I doubt Sony bothered to check! I can't see Mac users having any trouble.

In fact, if you have a wireless access point available then you can use the game's browser to download the content directly from www.yourpsp.com, although take it from me, it takes about four times longer than using your PC and USB. Don't know why.

Drifting off topic...
I just downloaded the Wipeout XL demo, but my PC's a little too fast for it, I think. It's no faster than Pure on my PSP but the steering's much twitchier. Then again, I think my machine's something like 60 times faster than the entry level that was out when XL was released. So, Wipeout Pure is my only real Wipeout experience - this PSP is the second console I've ever owned. The first was a first edition Game Boy way back when they first came out!

lostchild
28th October 2005, 04:36 PM
I download off the official site, with a mac successfully with no problems, except i have a US version of the game, a JAP PSP and cannot get the DELTA pack to work at all...please advise...

Drakkenmensch
28th October 2005, 04:49 PM
Mayhaps because there is *no* US release of the Delta pack yet. and you're trying to run the *japanese* version of the Delta pack on the wrong version of the game???

sgtgeorgecarter
2nd November 2005, 03:33 PM
I've been reliably told that Mac users can get the content from the official site as the site is java based ??
It means nothing to me as I dont have a Mac, but if you cant get it can you let me know exactly what the problem is because you should be able to no problem.

If you have any OS earlier than OS 10.4 the applet fails.

I'm assuming that you have specified J2SE 5.0 for this applet, which is only available for OS 10.4+

J2SE 1.4.2 is available to OS10.1+ (AFAIIK)

I've barely even able to connect to your site and I have broadband, 768M ram, 1ghz powerbook on 10.3.9 ... The flash, while it looks cool, seems so optimised for IE that everyone else is SOL. That's why I just use the wifi.

I hope the Delta Pack gets there soon.
Still, I love the Packs. Fantastic art and really fun game play. Thanks for all the effort. I appreciate it.

username
24th November 2005, 10:56 AM
gggrrrr. i finially managed to get java on the computer, and a usb cable, and broadband. however when i click on download it finds the memory stkduo. however when it says saving files it says download failed! WTF ggrrr. hellp me please!! I MUST HAVE NEW GOTEKI!!

Dominator
24th November 2005, 09:23 PM
Are you downloading from the Pure website??
And is your memory stick duo big enough?? :)

username
26th November 2005, 12:32 PM
yes and yes, i do not know what is going wrong. i think i will be more successful with the wireles router

-=>Ichigo<=-
30th November 2005, 11:01 PM
i had trouble the first time i tried using the website too.
then i figured out you had to run the game before you could download, or, at least that always worked for me. i'd just start it up, load my save, exit the game, then go to my usb connection and it would detect my memory stick and all that. then it takes a couple of years to download lol. anyways, i have a wireless router now and it works just fine. so i guess you could do it any way you want to.
LaT3r

Dominator
1st December 2005, 02:31 AM
I have every download pack for Euro and I never had to run the game before downloading, the USB worked fine :? and as for taking years, the max it took for me was about six minutes :D

eLhabib
1st December 2005, 10:43 AM
well, that IS pretty long for those few megs...

username
1st December 2005, 08:30 PM
can anyone please help me, i got a router and whenever i try to connect my psp to the internet it keeps saying DNS connection error, has anyone else had this problem and how do i get round it?

Airrider
29th December 2005, 02:36 PM
You don't pay for this at all, right? I mean, it's such good stuff...

Rouni Kenshin#1
30th December 2005, 10:16 PM
yes, corect, you are a winner. You buy pure and a psp and the downloads are compleatly free to you.(does not include cost of internet and most likly high speed modem)

username
1st February 2006, 02:02 PM
hi guys, i have now downloaded a couple of packs and very happpy with them, however. i have noticed that i had no hope what-so-ever while trying to get hold of classic pack one download two with the goteki ship. is there any reason for this or just a site error? any help greatly appreciated :)

infoxicated
1st February 2006, 03:03 PM
Which site? In-game or other?

username
1st February 2006, 07:10 PM
the main site

edit: not to worry. just done it on the in-game site

Hunter200104
7th April 2006, 10:14 AM
i love going online in wipeout but no one else is ever online and it really annoys me. Anyway if ur going to download any content u should download the crafts they r absolutley amazing:rock

eLhabib
7th April 2006, 11:39 AM
if you are referring to the multiplayer, it only works ad-hoc, not over the internet (at least not without a pc and a tunnel program)

infoxicated
15th May 2007, 01:30 PM
Since we've covered a couple of years since Pure was released, and the download packs are harder to come by, I don't imagine Sony will be chasing anyone with lawyers for sharing the download packs now.

Asayyeah
17th May 2007, 04:00 PM
good to hear that :+

Chill
1st July 2007, 03:20 AM
Just got everything for the European Ver. of Pure after beating it!!!! This is FVC%!#@ awesome dude!!!!! :D :D :D :D