PDA

View Full Version : Getting a PSP soon and of course Pure.

Killrush
4th September 2005, 05:53 PM
I kinda left the PS2 for my xbox ages ago but I kept it just to play Fusion. I'm getting a PSP around X-mas time as I want to get an Xbox 360 first (yes I know it doesn't have any Wipeouts but it still a good games console). It such a surprise to find a Wipeout fansite, I didn't know any existed! Very nice site and anyways, hello!

Rouni Kenshin#1
4th September 2005, 06:37 PM
Hi kill rush and i would like to be the first to welcome you.

I fyou like fusion, i here it was the falling out, then you'll absoutly love pure. and speeking of nex gen i would wait before buying the 360 because the ps3 just looks to be the better hardware, and who knows about nintendol, but it all really fall on the game libery that builds up. If i were you i would wait a few months.

yawnstretch
4th September 2005, 07:18 PM
Hey Killrush!
Yeah wipeout on PSP is fantastic - I've been looking into getting an Xbox360 myself but so far there's no killer app for me.

Killzone for the PS3 is the next big thing for me, and even though I can afford a 360 I think I'll leave it (powerful machine though!). No word on a PS3 wipeout yet though either...

Thank God for PSPs :D

Killrush
4th September 2005, 08:00 PM
Well apparently the power is pretty close, PS3 will cost more and will be harder to develop for though. And does Perfect Dark not interest you? If you like action games Gears Of War looks amazing.
What I've always wondered since Sony bought out Psygnosis do they not own the properties of G-Police, Colony Wars and a lot of other games? It's strange because they have never used them.

lordtaki
4th September 2005, 08:05 PM
Hehe, I bought an x-box just for quantum redshift.
I'm wondering about getting a ps2 for Fusion.

Welcome.

yawnstretch
4th September 2005, 08:30 PM
Gears of War does 'look' good I'll admit - want to know a bit more about it first.

I think Ill see how I feel come closer to Christmas - there's a good chance Ill get the Xbox just because I've the money now - but we'll see...

Rouni Kenshin#1
4th September 2005, 08:53 PM
You say the 360 is near the ps3's ability but the pics and spects i've seen say the the ps3's cell prosser, that sony developed specifically for it, far out strips the best pc and a 360 put to geather and that was stuff from E3. But as i said i woun't buy untill the 3rd party support has picked a favorite.

Killrush
4th September 2005, 08:58 PM
The stuff shown at E3 wasen't real. nVidia said a while later that they hadn't made the graphics card yet. Besides, do you remember the PS2 demos ages ago? They looked amazing, but when the PS2 came out it looked like a dog's backside. I don't really trust Sony to buy at launch any more and I'm pretty satisfied with my Xbox. A lot more than my PS2

Rouni Kenshin#1
4th September 2005, 10:15 PM
Even if the spects are not true, just the time space between releases makes me think that the ps3 will be better but as i stated before i wont pitch my money in unitll i can tell ho will have the best games. bacause after all the machine could be crap compared to it's compedator but if the better hardware dosen't have the games to back it up it will fail. Thus was nintendos fate.

randomperson1
5th September 2005, 09:33 AM
I disliked Fusion. I'ts no reason to get a ps2.

I love my psp and agree that it is definitely the best handheld console.
(I'ts my mp3 as well!)

I also think pure is the best wipeout yet, the second best game i've ever played.
(behind san andreas and ahead of Burnout 3)